The global tarpaulin sheets market grew 1.1 times by the end of 2020 at a healthy year-on-year growth rate. In a study Future Market Insights (FMI) forecasts that the tarpaulin sheet market valuation will increase between 2021 and 2031, reaching the US$ 12.07 Bn in 2031 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2%
Tarpaulin sheets are adopted in various sports activities like cricket to cover the sports ground from rains. This type is commonly called a field tarp. PVC coated tarpaulin sheets are made from polyester filament base fabric and coated with PVC resin on both the sides of the sheet. The coating provides excellent shielding against dust dirt and weather conditions.
High chemical stability of polyester filaments makes it a good option for storing chemicals and related products. Superior properties of tarpaulin sheets will drive the market sales especially in chemical and agriculture industry.
Tarpaulin sheets market is driven by growing necessity from manufacturers to protect goods and products especially in the logistics. Tarpaulin sheets are extensively used in covering the product during transportation via ship, roads or railways.
As per the World Bank Organization sanctioned World Trade Summary Data, global export was valued at US$ 20,834,690 Mn while import registered the market valuation of US$ 18,875,212 Mn in the year 2018.
The data indicates significant rise in the import-export and the trade activities between the different regions across the globe. Growth in trading will fuel the market growth throughout the assessment period.
“Anti-fungal and anti-static properties of tarpaulin sheets make them an ideal candidate for crop protection especially during extreme rain and extreme heats. Tarpaulin sheets are also finding application in protecting farming equipments from rusting and other conditions. Such versatility of tarpaulin will drive the market growth for upcoming years,” said a lead FMI analyst.
- Thriving agriculture sector in India due to increasing government investment towards modernization in the sector will drive the market sales of tarpaulin sheets. Growing population and surge in construction activities in India will positively influence the market growth in India.
- China is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities on the back of flourishing chemical industry and increasing consumption of tarpaulin sheets for packaging of the chemicals.
- Tarpaulin sheets market in U.S. is expected to generate sales revenue of about US$ 346.9 Mn by the end of 2031. The growth can be attributed to rapid technological innovations, surge in the trading activities, flourishing construction industry, and presence of leading market players in the country.
- Incorporation of tarpaulin in automotive packaging and presence of global market leaders in the vicinity will drive the market growth in Japan.
- Increase in plastic production due to advancement in packaging and logistics industry in U.K. will boost the tarpaulin sheets market growth in the country. U.K. tarpaulin market is anticipated to generate US$ 20 Mn in terms of revenue by the end of forecast period.
- Rising demand of cost-effective and easy to use packaging material in logistics industry is driving the tarpaulin sheets market sales.
- High tearing and tensile strength and superior chemical and elevated temperature resistance offered by tarpaulin material is further fuelling the market demand.
- Growing demand of tarpaulin in agriculture sector to protect the crop from extreme weather conditions will magnify the market growth.
- Low biodegradability of tarpaulin sheets and loss of water proof abilities of the sheet after prolonged use is restricting the market demand.
- High cost of recyclable tarpaulin sheets and requirement of special equipments for manufacturing of such products hinders the market growth.
- Strict rules and regulations imposed by environment and pollution control agencies regarding production and use of tarpaulin sheets as it causes environment pollution hampers the market growth.
According to FMI, leading players are working towards manufacturing durable tarpaulin sheets with high tensile strength. Strict environmental policies are encouraging market players to develop sustainable tarpaulin sheets.
Another area of focus among all market players is developing recyclable sheets without compromising the strength and other properties.
Leading players profiled by FMI operating in tarpaulin sheets market include:
- Puyoung Industrial Corporation, Ltd.
- Fulin Plastic Industry Co., Ltd.,
- Zhejiang Msd New Material Co., Ltd.,
- Veer Plastics Private Limited
- Tan Dai Hung Plastic J.S.CO.
- KSA Polymer
- C&H Vina Co., Ltd
- Qingdao Gyoha En-tech Co., Ltd.,
- Shantou Wanneng Industrial Co., Ltd.,
- Tu Phuong Tarpaulin Factory
- K-TARP VINA CO.LTD.
- Maha Shakti Polycoat Pvt. Ltd.
- Tara Trade Link Private Limited
- Cunningham Covers
- J Clemishaw 1870 Ltd
Request a report sample with 215 pages to gain comprehensive insights at https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-5420
More Insights on FMI’s Tarpaulin Sheets Market
The latest market study on global tarpaulin sheets market by Future Market Insights gives a detailed segmentation for the forecast period of 2021-2031. In order to gain a better perspective of the global market potential, its growth, trends, and opportunities, the market is segmented on the basis of
- Insulated Tarps
- Hoarding Tarps
- Truck Tarps
- UV Protected Tarps
- Sports Tarps
- Mesh Tarps
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Poly Ethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Less than 100 GSM
- Between 100-300 GSM
- Between 300-600 GSM
- Above 600 GSM
- Up to 2 Layers
- 3 Layers Laminate
- 4 Layers Laminate
- Above 4 Layers
- Building & Construction
- Storage, Warehousing & Logistics
- Consumer Goods
- North America
- Latin America
- East Europe
- West Europe
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)