The global dehydrated onion market is anticipated to surpass a valuation of US$ 1,061 million by the end of 2021, as per a study by FMI. In response to the expansion of food processing, hotels, and fast food joint industry, the market for dehydrated onion is expected to project growth at a CAGR of around 5.1% over the forecast period from 2021-2031 in comparison to 3.7% CAGR registered between 2016 and 2020.
Increasing population of working women is a primary factor propelling the market. According to a study by the U.S. Department of Labor, in 2015, around 128.2 million working women were recorded in the U.S., and the number is anticipated to reach 164.8 million by 2026.
Demanding work culture creates difficulties for consumers to spend time cooking food at home. Thus, due to this fast-paced lifestyle, working women are looking for food products that are convenient, inexpensive, and delectable. This is creating substantial growth opportunities for dehydrated vegetable products including onions.
The food processing sector is estimated to lead the end user segment, accounting for a market share of over 73.6% through 2031. Favored by the increasing demand for ready-to-eat food products and rising application of dried onions, the sector is anticipated to register a sales revenue of around US$ 1,289 million in the year 2031.
“Dehydrated onion market players are emphasizing on use of innovative drying technologies such as spray drying and air drying to cater to the increasing demand from ready-to-eat and food processing sectors,” says the FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways from Dehydrated Onions Market Analysis
- In North America, the U.S. is expected to dominate the market, accounting for over 81% of the regional market by 2031.
- The U.K. is anticipated to reach a revenue share of nearly US$ 66.6 million, growing at a CARG of 4.1% over the forecast period.
- Owing to the rising preference towards ready-to-eat meals, the market in China is likely to expand at a CAGR of 5.2% between 2021 and 2031.
- Being a leading producer of processed vegetables, India is estimated to project growth at a CAGR of 8.6% through 2031.
- Based on variety, white onions are leading the segment and are expected to hold a market share of over 65% in 2021.
- Growing awareness regarding the health benefits associated with the consumption of dehydrated onions such as reducing the risk of cancer and cure for cold is driving the sales.
- Increasing number of working women across the globe is fueling the demand for dehydrated vegetables including onions.
- Suring demand for quick, delectable, and inexpensive food products to complement the fast-paced lifestyles is boosting the market growth.
- Rising applications of dehydrated onions in the production of ready-to-eat meals are bolstering product sales.
- Rising health concerns and awareness regarding the consumption of fresh food are restraining market growth.
- High demand for fresh onions compared to dehydrated ones is hampering the growth of the market.
- The outbreak of coronavirus has resulted in depleting the sales of dehydrated onions due to disruption in the supply chain amid lockdown.
Food manufacturing companies are focusing on launching new products to enhance their product portfolio. Besides this, same of the market players are aiming at establishing strategic collaboration and acquisition to expand their market presence. For instance,
- In January 2021, Anuha Foods, a company based in India, launched a new range of ready to cook products dehydrated food product ranges under brand name Zilli’s, including dehydrated onion flakes.
- In July 2020, BC Foods, a U.S. based company, acquired an onion and garlic dehydration facility, Darshan Foods, a company based in Gujarat, India. The acquisition assisted the company to expand its market footprint and increase market share.
Some of the key players operating in the dehydrated onions market profiled by FMI are:
- Olam International
- Jain Farm Fresh Foods Ltd
- Daksh Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Jiyan Food Ingredients
- Natural Dehydrated Vegetables Pvt. Ltd.
- Real Dehydrates Pvt. Ltd.
- Earth Expo Company
- Kisan Foods
- Harmony House Foods, Inc. Company
- Silva International Inc. Company
- Green Rootz
- BC Foods Inc.
- Suszarnia Warzyw Jaworski Sp. J.
- Pardes Dehydration Company
- Murtuza Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Darshan Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Garon Dehydrates Private Limited
- Rocky Mountain Spice Company
- R. J. Van Drunen & Sons, Inc.
- German Foods
More Insights on the Dehydrated Onions Market:
FMI provides an unbiased analysis of the dehydrated onions market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period from 2021-2031. The study divulges compelling insights on the global dehydrated onions market with a detailed segmentation on the basis of:
- White Onion
- Red Onion
- Pink Onion
By End Use:
- Food Proccessing
- Dressing & Sauces
- Ready Meals
- Snacks & Savory
- Infant Food
- Food Service Providers
- Air Drying
- Vaccum Drying
- Freeze Drying
- Microwave Drying
- Spray Drying
By Distribution Channel:
- Hyper/Super Markets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Traditional Grocery Retailers
- Online Retailers
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
For more insights into the Market, Request a Sample of this Report@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-6694
Key Questions Covered in the Report
- The report offers insight into dehydrated onions market demand outlook for 2021-2031
- The market study also highlights projected sales growth for dehydrated onions market between 2021 and 2031
- Dehydrated onions market survey identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
- Dehydrated onions market share analysis, covering key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and others