As per a study by FMI, the global feminine hygiene market is anticipated to reach a valuation of US$ 27,605.8 million by 2021. Owing to the increasing awareness in terms of personal hygiene among women, the market for feminine hygiene products is estimated to surpass US$ 54,190 million through 2031.
FMI also projects the market to record CAGR of 7% over the forecast period from 2021 to 2031 in the comparison above 5.8% CAGR registered between 2016 and 2020.
A remarkable transformation has been observed in the personal care products industry over the past few years. Increasing number of initiatives undertaken by the government as well as global organizations to spread awareness regarding feminine health and menstrual hygiene etiquette are spurring the sales of feminine hygiene products in the developing economies.
Some of the leading international organizations are also providing sanitation kits to girls studying in government colleges and schools in rural areas of developing and under-developed countries. For instance, the Department of Education in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) of South Africa set aside R50 million in 2017, to fund the distribution of sanitary napkins and towels in numerous schools in the region. These increasing initiatives are creating growth prospects for the feminine hygiene products market
Sanitary napkins are projected to remain top-selling products, accounting for a value share of nearly 50% of the market in 2021. Owing to the cost-effectiveness and ongoing development of sanitary napkins, the segment is expected to exhibit growth at a CAGR of 8.1% through 2031.
“Leading manufacturers are emphasizing on developing smart solutions to offer improved menstrual hygiene solutions. For instance, some of them are adopting biodegradable raw materials such as bio-actives extracted from plants to comply with strict government environmental laws to curb carbon footprint and to capitalize on increasing demand for feminine hygiene products,” says the FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways from Feminine Hygiene Products Market Survey
- The U.S. is leading the North America market for feminine hygiene products, accounting for over 86% of the market value share in the region.
- In Europe, Germany is estimated to dominate the regional market, accounting for more than 18% of the market in 2031.
- Owing to the increasing demand for menstrual cups, the market in France is expected to project growth at a CAGR of 8.7% over the forecast period.
- East Asia is likely to account for the largest revenue share in the global market with China holding around 81% of the regional market by 2021.
- India is anticipated to account for over 70% of the sales in the South Asia market, favored by increasing number of government initiatives.
- Growing awareness regarding feminine health and menstrual hygiene is fueling the demand for feminine hygiene products.
- Increasing number of government initiatives is spurring the sales of feminine hygiene products.
- Ongoing development in feminine hygiene products is expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Product recall due to excessive chemicals use in feminine products is negatively affecting the market growth.
- Stringent regulatory policies are a factor restraining the growth of the feminine hygiene products market.
Companies operating in the feminine hygiene products market are focusing on developing innovative products and establishing strategic collaboration and partnership with institutes and organization to consolidate growth in this competitive market. For instance,
- In August 2020, Kimberly-Clark Corporation an American multinational personal care company announced launch of its new products, Pull-Ups® and New Leaf™, a super soft training underwear made using plant-based ingredients.
- In May 2020, Diva International, a manufacturing company based in Canada, launched a unique menstrual education partnership with a NGO named, Plan International Canada to reach indigenous youth.
Some of the prominent players operating in the feminine hygiene products market profiled by FMI are:
- Procter and Gamble
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget SCA
- Sanofi S.A
- Lil-lets UK Limited
- Unicharm Corporation
- Diva International Inc.
- Edgewell Personal Care
More Valuable Insights on Feminine Hygiene Products Market
FMI, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global feminine hygiene products market, analyzing forecast statistics through 2021 and beyond. The study reveals growth projections on in feminine hygiene products market with detailed segmentation:
- Sanitary Napkins
- Menstrual Cup
- Panty liners
- Feminine Hygiene Wash
- Convenience Stores
- Department Stores
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Purchase
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
We Offer tailor-made Solutions to fit Your Requirements, Request Customization@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/customization-available/rep-gb-13350
Key Questions Covered in the Report
- The report offers insight into fiber feminine hygiene products market demand outlook for the forecast period 2021-2031
- The market study also highlights projected sales growth for feminine hygiene products market between 2021 and 2031
- Feminine hygiene products market survey identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
- Feminine hygiene products market share analysis, covering key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and others