As per ESOMAR-certified consulting firm Future Market Insights (FMI), the animal feed additives market reached US$ 16,364.1 Mn in 2021. With increasing adoption of protein-based animal feed additives, the market is poised to expand at a steady 2.70% CAGR between 2021-2031.
The increasing demand for high-quality and nutritious animal products such as eggs, meat, and milk have underscored the need for a balanced diet in livestock. Driven by this, farmers are heavily investing in animal feed additives to suffice the dietary requirements in livestock, thereby promoting sales in the market.
Moreover, the ever-increasing meat consumption in various countries is generating demand for animal feed additives in animal husbandry and pisciculture.
To promote better health and productivity in animals, governments in various countries have banned the use of antibiotics in animal feed, which is increasing the adoption of plant-based animal feed additives in the market.
Stringent regulations regarding product labeling are encouraging producers to improve ingredient selection and enhance research and development for launching better products in the market. Increasing awareness regarding a balanced diet in the livestock industry will remain a major factor driving sales in the market.
As per FMI’s regional analysis, the U.S. will dominate the animal feed additives market, owing to the presence of well-established agriculture and livestock industry. Apart from this, the growing population and meat consumption in the country is anticipated to shoulder market growth in the near future.
“Rising meat consumption across the world, coupled with demand for high-quality and nutrient-rich anima-based products, will provide tailwinds to animal feed additives sales growth through 2031,” says the FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways from Animal Feed Additives Market Analysis
- Amino acids will emerge as the most preferred product type, owing to their health benefits including improved digestion and gut health.
- Animal feed additives will be widely adopted in the poultry sector, due to growing demand for eggs and chicken in several countries.
- Sales of plant-based animal feed additives will gain traction for improving the texture, taste, and odor of animal feed.
- The U.S. is anticipated to witness high demand for animal feed additives due to expansions in the agriculture and livestock industry.
- China will exhibit lucrative growth patterns, owing to increasing meat production and consumption in the country.
- Prevalence of regional and global market players will shape the sales outlook of animal feed additives in Germany.
- Growing population and shifting consumer preference towards protein-rich diet will foster sales of animal feed additives in India.
- Japan and South Korea will collectively account for 13% of the total market share.
Ajinomoto Co., Inc., Akzo Nobel N.V., Alltech Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, BASF SE, Biomin GmbH, Cargill Inc., Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, CP Group, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Evonik Industries AG, Invivo Group, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Kemin Industries, Lallemand Inc., Norel S.A., Novozymes A/S, Nutreco, Phibro Animal Health Corporation, Novus International Inc., Tyson Foods, Inc., and Solvay Group are among the leading players operating in the animal feed additives market.
Top 5 players in the market include BASF SE, EVONIK INDUSTRIES AG, Cargill, Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., and Nutreco N.V., accounting for 30-40% of the total market share.
As per FMI’s analysis, key players operating in the market are focusing on mergers and acquisitions as a part of their inorganic growth strategies. Apart from this, production facility expansions and product portfolio advancements are helping players gain a competitive edge in the animal feed additives market. For instance:
- In May 2021, Kemin Industries acquired Bio-Cide International Inc., an Oklahoma-based leader in chlorine dioxide-based antimicrobial technology. The acquisition was aimed at strengthening Kemin Industries’ processes to provide food safety in animal feed products.
- In January 2021, Philbro Animal Health Corporation announced the opening of a new production facility in Omaha, Nebraska. The new production facility will manufacture and supply animal feed additives and mineral premixes to U.S. livestock producers while guaranteeing food safety.
More Insights into the Animal Feed Additives Market Report
In its latest report, FMI offers an unbiased analysis of the global animal feed additives market, providing historical data for the period of 2016-2020 and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of additive type (antibiotics, vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, feed enzymes, feed additives, and minerals), livestock type (ruminants, poultry, swine and aquatic), source type (plant, animal and micro-organisms) and across seven regions (North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, and Middle East & Africa).
About Food Market Division at FMI
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Future Market Insights helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analysed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.