With accuracy and efficiency of automated sortation systems set to boost KPIs, manufacturers are steadily scaling up logistics and warehousing businesses to improve sorting and picking. Automated sortation are giving and uptick to profit margins by a respectable 1% gain and helping to reduce the total cycle time for orders.
Future Market Insights, an ESOMAR certified market research firm in its latest report pegs the global market for automated sortation system to surpass a valuation of US$ 14.34 Bn by the end of 2030.
With newer sortation systems having sortation rates close to 100%, operators within the automated sortation system market are increasing their own reliability index through timely deliveries thus gaining an edge in the overall market. Better throughputs help stakeholders prepare well for capacity forecasts.
Key Takeaways of Automated Sortation System Market
- Modern drive systems in automated sortation systems to reduce CO2 emissions by 80%
- Accuracy of automated sortation system set to boost perfect order percentage by 3%-4%
- Medium throughput sorters will be most lucrative and are slated to capture 46% of the market share through 2030
- 33% is the overall revenue share of the top 3 countries in the automated sortation system market
- Linear automated sorters will witness the most prolific growth through 2030
The COVID-19 Impact on Automated Sortation System Market
The prevailing pandemic has severely obstructed growth within the automotive and air cargo segments which have been majorly hit. However pharmaceutical and food and beverages are seen to benefit. With food and beverage production and supply being deemed as essential services and pharmaceutical sector seeing a burst of innovation the market will see new drug formulations rolling out.
As the social distancing protocols have caused a paradigm shift towards online based shopping and goods procurement, this is turn have boosted the growth opportunities for e-commerce industry. With 60% of countries in partial lockdown, e-commerce is gaining significant traction thus helping businesses using automated sortation systems to scale up. On an optimistic note Future Market Insights anticipates the market to recover over the next 4-6 quarters. Despite the economic slowdown, the market has openly embraced automation without the need for human labor. This move has also led to better optimization of resources and various capital investments to minimize production overheads.
Automated Sortation System Market – Competitive Intelligence
Goods to person is one of the most upcoming and advanced automated solution driving order fulfillment. Today it has carved a niche for itself due to its importance in the supply chain. The leading stakeholders in the market easily occupy a wholesome 34% of the overall market share. Faster delivery times, lower cost positions and increased weight capacities are some of the main strategies of the leading players.
E-commerce giants such as Amazon, Walmart as well as CEP (Courier, Express and Parcel) companies are showing increased inclination towards sortation systems. These companies are exclusively partnering with sortation system manufacturers for optimized sorting solutions at their warehouses. In land constrained, emerging markets, many players are focusing on integration of industrial and residential land uses. Vertical and flexible warehousing solutions is another trend players are capitalizing on.
To Know More About Automated Sortation System Market:
A new market research report published by Future Market Insights (FMI) on the global automated sortation system market report provides in-depth insights into the market demand trends and assessment of opportunities during the forecast period. The report analyses the automated sortation system market through four different segments- equipment type, component type, system type, sorting type, end-use, load capacity, throughput capacity and region. The automated sortation system report also offers detailed analysis of pricing analysis by different product type and demand across end-use industry.
Automated Sortation System Market – FMI’s Conclusions on Where the Market is Headed
- Technology disruption is still underway – Despite the fact that e-commerce is growing staggeringly at double-digit growth rates yearly, the penetration of these systems is still very low considering their potential. As technology for the same is still being explored and understood, it is proving to be neither completely cost-effective nor capable. A lot of progress still needs to be seen in sensors and software to enable automation
- Across different regional borders, e-commerce to drive demand – As per FMI’s estimates, almost 15% of e-commerce is spread globally surpassing geographical boundaries and this is likely to increase to 25%. The growth can be attributed to an expanding inventory cost which has to be well-matched and balanced against various shipping costs. Coupled with factories’ automation, this will further get a boost
- E-commerce is growing exponentially with critical labor challenges being the main pinch point of the US$ 5 trillion logistics industry. Online retail will fuel sales as it requires greater logistical prowess vis-à-vis brick and mortar stores.
In fully automated sortation systems, key focus of manufacturers will be choosing equipment and developing controls strategies at the induction, after sort and sortation stage
Automated Sortation System Market: Segmentation
- Pop-Up Roller & ARB Sorter
- Pivoting Arm & Paddle Sorter
- Tilt-Tray Sorter
- Cross Belt Sorter
- Pouch/ Pocket Sorter
- Sliding Shoe Sorter
- Narrow Belt Sorter
- Flat Sorter
- Push Tray Sorter
- Drives & Power Units
- Conveyor Belt
- Rollers & Wheels
- Scanners & Sensors
- Auxiliary Components
- Monitoring and Visual Inspection
- Control System
- Unit Sorter
- Case Sorter
- Combo Sorter
- Linear Sorter
- Divert System
- Circular Sorter
- Courier & Logistics
- Paper & Print
- Food & Beverages
- Air Cargo
- Leather Goods
- General Manufacturing
- Up to 5kg
- 5 to 20 kg
- 20 to 35 kg
- Above 35 kg
- High Throughput Sorters (15000 sorts above)
- Medium Throughput Sorters (5,000 to 15,000 sorts)
- Low Throughput Sorters (less than 5,000 sorts)
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia