Increased consumer understanding of food safety has contributed to the use of important ingredients, such as citrus pulp fiber, which are vital to control body metabolism and digestion. With the advent of a clean label campaign, the market for safe and nutritious food products has expanded and the incorporation of citrus pulp fiber in the food and beverage industry has increased across a variety of product offerings.
Citrus Pulp Fiber Market
According to the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), evidence suggest that COVID-19 virus emerged from an animal source. The World Health Organization (WHO) has advised general precautionary measures to be followed when visiting meat market or any other animal products market. During the pandemic, China had to implement ban of Huanan seafood wholesale market and wildlife meat market to curb the spread of disease. All these statements indirectly conclude that COVID-19 pandemic could be the dawn for plant based dietary lifestyle. Consumers are avoiding meat products due to which fish meal alternative market is expected to grow rapidly in the next two years.
Key Takeaways from the Citrus Pulp Fiber Market Study
- As Asia Pacific and other emerging economies are creating a better market for natural and innovative products, the spending of the consumers on plant-based products has increased in the developing economies. People in developing countries are switching to more plant-based products taking into consideration their health benefits. This is expected to favor the growth of the citrus pulp fiber market.
- Also, the recent situation of COVID-19 pandemic, which is spread due to animal-based products has resulted in consumers switching to natural and organic products which have many health benefits. The rising demand for products made with organic or natural ingredients will in turn create growth opportunities for the market.
- Citrus pulp fiber is extracted from natural source that is citrus fruits. Citrus pulp fiber has seen a sharp increase in demand as the application is not limited to food but also to beverage industry, animal feed, personal care and pharma industry. Due to all these reasons citrus pulp fiber has seen a considerable CAGR in developing region due to its wide application.
“The incidence of diseases in animals is increasing due to which consumers are avoiding animal products and preferring natural products. Citrus pulp fiber has a variety of uses in the food & beverage industry as well as the pharma industry. Citrus pulp fiber helps to keep the texture, taste as well as nutritional value intact. Spurred by the rising awareness about various health benefits citrus pulp fiber offer, the demand in both organic and conventional segments is rising,” said an analyst at FMI.
Clean Label Patterns Build New Markets for Citrus Fiber
Measures undertaken to remove the product labels of mono-and di-glycerides, titanium dioxide, carrageenan, and phosphates, which add to the undesirable food marketer list of additives, have paved the way for new opportunities to introduce citrus pulp fiber from by-products of the juice industry. Citrus pulp fiber are used to substitute clouding agents, including gum Arabica in juices, carrageenan in plant-based beverages, coffee drinks and protein shakes, and tomato paste in pasta sauce. Several studies are ongoing for the use of citrus pulp fiber and gums as the only stabilizers in beverage systems. Since citrus pulp fiber are lipophilic, they can be used in blending and stabilizing flavored oils in a method that would otherwise remain separate. Some companies are using citrus pulp fiber as a natural emulsifier and stabilizer to manufacture smoothies and drinkable yogurt.
Who is winning?
A few of the leading players operating in the citrus pulp fiber market are Fiberstar, Herbafood, Florida Food Products, Cargill, Inc, Quadra Chemicals, Naturex, Compañía Española de Algas Marinas S.A. (CEAMSA), Herbstreith & Fox, Lucid Colloids Ltd, DuPont, Silvateam S.p.A., CP Celco and other players.
Several leading manufacturers of citrus pulp fiber are focusing on mergers and acquisition to expand its business footprints and to increase their production capacity. Leading players of citrus pulp fiber are investing in research and development to produce innovative products using citrus pulp fiber
- In March 2017, Du Pont announced plans to acquire health and nutrition business of FMC
- In May 2017, Cargill acquired Polyol Product Line Agrol and Other Assets of BioBased Technologies
Request Complete TOC Of this Report >>> https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/toc/rep-gb-10819
Get Valuable Insights into Citrus Pulp fiber Market
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the citrus pulp fiber market, presenting historical demand data (2015-2019) and forecast statistics for the period from 2020-2030. The study divulges compelling insights on the citrus pulp fiber market based on Nature(Organic and Conventional), Grade(Food, Pharma and others), Source(Oranges Tangerines/ Mandarins, Grapefruit and Lemon and Lime), Application( Water Binder & Fat Replacer, Thickening Gums, Gelling Gums), By Use( Bakery, Desserts and Ice-Creams, Sauces and Seasonings, Meat and Egg Replacement, Beverages, Flavorings, and Coatings, Snacks and Meals, Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Others), By Distribution Channel( Supermarket and Hypermarket, Convenience Store, Department Store, Specialty Store, Pharmacy/Drug Store, Online) across seven major regions.