The coconut water market is driven by the changing preferences of consumers. According to Future Market Insights, evolving consumer tastes will enable growth in the market between 2020 and 2030.
Gone are the days when consumers made a decision on what companies said to them, it’s the time of modern-day smart consumer, those who make decisions based on trust of their consumer peers and no longer on marketing gimmicks. Present day smart consumers are looking for a premium experience in their products, be it presentation or taste, consumers want perfection.
Convenient-innovative- and sustainable packaging, vibrant colours, fortified-enriched ingredients, strong label game, exotic flavours, are expected to attract consumer’s attention.
“The coconut water market, spearheaded by boomers and millennial demographics, is no longer complacent in antiquated practices. By embracing innovation, manufacturers are exploring an array of imaginative possibilities in producing coconut water while consumers are no longer tied to a few unbecoming options.” said a lead analyst at FMI
Request a Complete TOC of this Report with figures:
Coconut water, owing to its health benefits, is gaining traction in the food & beverage industry, leading to the market’s well-positioned growth.
- In 2020, H2 the pioneers of coconut water market in Australia decide to take the ‘better for you’ to new heights by launching the range of healthy beverages in the United States. The company is focusing to introduce its other products including H2coco Pure Pink Coconut Water to American consumers.
- In 2018, Coco-Cola Brazil launched Agua de Coco coconut water –juice blends in 200 ml carton variants of original coconut water, and flavored coconut water in mango, and passion fruit.
- In 2018, A Thai firm best known for its palm oil products is extending its functional beverage range with coconut water products containing beauty-boosting collagen and fatigue-fighting cordyceps.
The FMI study delves deep into the prevailing dynamics to offer interesting insights into the coconut water market. Some of these are:
- Conventional coconut water holds a share of 90.2% in the global coconut water market. Consumers are moving towards conventional coconut water owing to its various types of flavours options available in the market. Manufacturers are focusing on innovations and product launches to cater to the rising demand for coconut water.
- Europe holds the maximum share of 27% and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.3% followed by South Asia which holds the share of 23.9%. Furthermore, Europe has the highest percentage of coconut water producers followed by South Asia and North America. Key players in Europe and South Asia are pursuing the merger and acquisition strategy to extend their business to various other regions due to the increasing demand for confectionery and frozen food.
- The demand for coconut water is expected to rise as consumers increasingly focus on health and fitness. Coconut water shows the intra-trend of complexity and investment that modern populations are making.
Visible Overseas Influence is Changing Today’s Flavour Experience
In the last two decades, the world has experienced swift socio-cultural changes due to globalization, growing consumerism, and robust economic growth. Not only have consumers started to travel to and explore different regions but the growing population of expats has led to the arrival of overseas culture and western food habits.
The growing westernization and urbanization have resulted in the ever-increasing cultures of hotels, restaurants, and cafes. Restaurant chains are growing at a faster rate owing to the demand from international tourists who prefer acquainted cuisines. Many food service providers are offering cuisines and delicacies inspired by ethnic flavours, culinary classics, vibrant and colorful flavour offerings by harnessing nature.
Coconut Water Market Key Segment
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Breakfast Cereal
- Dairy Products
- Sauces and Salads
- Other Food Products
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Tea & Coffee
- Other Beverages
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Skin Care
- Hair Care
- Animal Feed & Pet Food
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- Southeast Asia and Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Who is winning in Coconut Water Market?
As manufacturers seek to lessen the unpredictability caused by demand uncertainty and surging cost, they are aiming at higher control over the supply chain to aid organizational alertness and improve pace to market. Moreover, by focusing on building an organization that is adequately flexible to prosper in today’s economy, manufactures are correspondingly keeping an eye on the bigger picture. Those operating in beverage industry are improving supply chain efficiencies thereby lowering operational costs to gain greater profits in highly competitive industry.
- In 2019, Vita Coco, considered as one of the largest coconut water brands released new beverage line of sparkling coconut water with juice infused and also includes CBD. This new coconut drinks are made available in three flavours i.e. cardamon-lemon, cloved orange and ginger-apple.
- In 2018, Tropicana Products, Inc., a Bradenton, Fla.-based division of PepsiCo, introduced Tropicana Coco Blends. Tropicana Coco Blends is a juice drink featuring a splash of coconut water, and available in Pineapple with Coconut Water and Peach Passion Fruit with Coconut Water.
- In 2019, TAJA Coconut, a new innovative coconut water brand announced the launch of its sugar free and non-GMO coconut water. The company patented cold-filtered three-part process extracts for coconut water while keeping all the nutrients intact by avoiding the application of harmful heat, air or additives.
Get Valuable Insights into Coconut Water Market
Future Market Insights, in its new report, presents an unbiased analysis of the global coconut water market, covering historical demand data and forecast figures for the period between 2020 and 2030. The study divulges compelling insights into growth witnessed in the market. Based on nature the market can be segmented into conventional and organic.
In terms of flavour, the market can be segmented into unflavoured/ regular and flavoured. Based on application the market can be segmented into food processing, beverages, cosmetics & personal care, nutraceutical, animal feed & pet food, and retail. Based on distribution channel the market is segmented into direct sales and indirect sales. Regionally, the market covers North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and MEA
About Food Market Division at FMI
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Future Market Insights helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analysed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.