Increasing contact lens usage, emerging new treatment options such as anti-amoebic drugs, and well-established supply chain operations are expected to fuel the growth of the corneal ulcer treatment market. Various initiatives by global as well as regional organizations, governments, etc., to eliminate avoidable blindness caused due to contact lens use, are helping to increase awareness about corneal ulcer among the general public as well as ophthalmologists.
Further, universities and non-profit organizations arranging eye check-up camps further aids in enhancing awareness about corneal ulcers.
FMI – a well-established name in the market research domain – forecasts that, the corneal ulcer treatment market will experience a major upturn in the coming years, reaching a valuation of US$ 1.3 Bn by 2029.
“Low-cost drugs being offered by generic drug manufacturers, especially in emerging countries, has substantially lowered treatment cost, and is giving tough competition to key players in the global corneal ulcer treatment market.”
Get Report Sample Copy @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-6953
Key Takeaways of Corneal Ulcer Treatment Market Study
- Treatment of broad-spectrum corneal ulcers using antibiotics is expected to gain traction and contribute more than 75% of revenue share during the forecast period.
- Growing bacterial keratitis requiring antibiotics for treatment will contribute significantly to the revenue share of the segment.
- Eye drops or eye ointments dominate the market by form type, as these are relatively cheaper and do not require other interventional and oral route for drug delivery.
- By distribution channel, retail pharmacies are expected to gain more than 50% of market share during the forecast period.
- North America is dominating the global corneal ulcer treatment market, while East Asia is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities, owing to rising healthcare infrastructure and industrialization.
Acquisition – Key Strategy Followed by Leading Manufacturers
Leading manufacturers in the corneal ulcer treatment market are focusing on geographical expansion as well as increased product offerings through partnerships and acquisitions. In order to evaluate cost effective therapy for corneal ulcer treatment, manufacturers are evaluating new drugs via clinical trials For example, in Dec. 2019, Mallinckrodt plc enrolled the first patient in the company’s Phase 4, multi-center, multiple-dose, open-label study to assess the effects of Acthar Gel as a therapy option in patients with severe keratitis.
Want more insights?
A new study by Future Market Insights opines on the evolution of the corneal ulcer treatment market from 2014–2018, and presents demand projections for 2019–2029 on the basis of drug class (antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, anti-amoebic drugs, corticosteroids, and NSAIDs), indication (bacterial keratitis, fungal keratitis, viral keratitis, and acanthamoeba keratitis), form (tablets, eye drops, and vials), and distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drug stores, and online pharmacies), across seven prominent regions.
Speak To Analyst For Queries about Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-6953
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
1.1. Global Market Outlook
1.2. Demand Side Trends
1.3. Supply Side Trends
1.4. Analysis and Recommendations
- Market Overview
2.1. Market Coverage / Taxonomy
2.2. Market Definition / Scope / Limitations
- Key Market Trends
3.1. Key Trends Impacting The Market
3.2. Corneal Ulcer Treatment Therapy Adoption, By Region
- Market Context
4.1. Disease Epidemiology
- Global Corneal Ulcer Treatment Market Demand (Size in US$ Mn) Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast, 2019–2029 in Value or
5.1. Historical Market Value (US$ Mn) Analysis, 2014-2018
5.2. Current and Future Market Value (US$ Mn) Projections, 2019-2029
5.2.1. Y-o-Y Growth Trend Analysis
5.2.2. Absolute $ Opportunity Analysis
- Market Background
6.1. Macro-Economic Factors
6.2. Forecast Factors – Relevance & Impact
6.3. Market Dynamics
6.3.3. Opportunity Analysis
- Global Corneal Ulcer Treatment Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029, by Drug Class