Dolomite is witnessing high demand from the mining & metallurgy sector, since it is used for the manufacturing of refractory materials such as bricks, refractory lining protection, refractory raw material, and in iron & steel. Moreover, the growing utilization of sintered dolomite for making LD converter lining, and calcined dolomite being used as a flux in iron making for the production of fluxed sinters, is expected to pave the way for robust sales during the forecast period (2019-2029).
The global dolomite market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period, to reach a valuation of US$ 4.7 Bn by the end of 2029.
Key Takeaways of Global Dolomite Market Study
- Apart from parent forms of industrial dolomite, manufacturing companies are also producing end-use products for the building and construction industry, mining and metallurgy flux materials, and agricultural dolomite. This will be a key factor for the growth of the dolomite market.
- Sintered dolomite, followed by the calcined type, is likely to be sought-after, owing to the growth of refractories.
- Demand for cement is rapidly increasing due to fast-paced growth of the construction industry. This factor will drive dolomite market growth, owing to its use in the manufacturing of dolostone, which has application in construction.
- Growth prospects are high in emerging markets such as India and Germany. Companies are focusing on different strategies in order to ensure good presence in both, emerging and matured markets. Since there are limited opportunities for dolomite manufacturers in developed regions, manufacturers are focusing on emerging markets to capture a larger market share.
- East Asia and Europe are projected to collectively hold around 2/3 share of the global dolomite market over the forecast period, owing to the presence of a large number of tier II & III players in East Asia and tier I players in Europe.
“Growing number of mining & metallurgy industries around the globe, with new mining opportunities being explored in Europe, Brazil, etc., is expected to drive the demand for dolomite for the manufacturing of steel and for other mining applications.”
Dolomite Market: Competitive Landscape
The dolomite market is fairly consolidated, with less number of tier-1 players operating in the landscape. Global players such as Imerys Minerals Ltd., RHI Magnesita, JFE Minerals Co., Ltd., and Sibelco have invested strategically in the dolomite market in the recent past, which suggests that, major manufactures are keeping tabs on the market as it holds a lot of potential in the coming years. Research & development, coupled with expansion of production capacity and footprint, remains the key strategy being followed by dolomite manufacturers to enhance productivity and capture new market opportunities.
For Information On The Research Approach Used In The Report, Ask Analyst @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-3861
East Asia to Offer Lucrative Growth Opportunities
East Asia is anticipated to hold a prominent share of the global dolomite market, owing to increasing construction activities in the region. Another key factor driving the growth of the market in the region is the focus of manufacturers on customization of products as per specific applications. Dolomite is also prominently used in the production of refractory raw material, such as for brick manufacturing, which is further bolstering its sales in the region.
Looking for More Information?
The market report on dolomite, published by Future Market Insights, brings to the fore pin-point analysis of the landscape, and offers comprehensive information with historical demand data of 2014-2018 and forecast statistics for 2019-2029. The study offers insightful information on the global dolomite market based on various categories – material (calcined, agglomerated, and sintered) and end use (cement, agrochemicals, mining & metallurgy, pharma & healthcare, glass & ceramics, water & sludge treatment, and animal feed), across seven regions.
About Chemicals & Materials division of FMI
The Chemicals & Materials division at FMI offers distinct and pin-point analysis about the chemicals & materials industry. Coverage of the chemicals and materials market extends from commodity, bulk, specialty and petrochemicals to advanced materials, composites, and nanotechnology. The team also puts special emphasis on ‘green alternatives’, recycling and renewable technology developments, and supply-demand trade assessment. Our research studies are widely referred by chemical manufacturers, research institutions, channel partners, and government bodies for developing – ‘The Way Forward’.