The global dosimetry market will create incremental dollar opportunities to the tune of US$ 4 Bn from 2019 to 2029. Research and development in cancer treatment and medical devices used for chemotherapy will generate continued sales for dosimetry products. Increases in the geriatric population segment of developed countries such as the US coupled with declining health conditions create lucrative opportunities for the dosimetry market. Omnipresent government investments in developing nuclear energy capabilities will further the demand for dosimeters during the forecast period.
“Growing emphasis on monitoring and propagating the health of hospital staff treating cancer patients will generate additional revenues for market players. Further, the uptake in residential chemotherapy furthers the demand for remote monitoring of radiation levels using dosimetry products.” finds a FMI analyst
For more insights into the Market, request a sample of this report@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-3482
Dosimetry market – Key Takeaways
- Personal electronic dosimeters hold more than 60% share of the total market revenues.
- Wearable dosimeter will account for an eminent revenue share among modality segments.
- Passive dosimeters maintain their hegemony holding a majority market value share.
- Industrial and medical end-uses will garner a lion’s share of 40% of the total market value.
- North America currently leads global sales.
- South Asia & Oceania present the most remunerative growth opportunities through 2029.
Dosimetry market – Key Driving Factors
- Emphasis on enhanced protection of medical professionals working in high radiation environments drives growth for dosimetry product manufacturers.
- Increase in consumer spending on cancer detection tests and treatments continue to bolster revenues for market players.
- Advancements in high-performance dosimetry coupled with reduction in product size propels the adoption of dosimetry in end-uses.
- Growing demand for residential care for cancer patients on the back of high disposable income of consumers will continue to generate revenues.
Dosimetry Market – Key Constraint
- Scrutiny of nuclear projects from non-profit organizations run by radiation affected patients poses mild constraint on the demand for dosimetry products for preventive healthcare checks.
Calculating the Negative Impact of COVID-19
The pandemic has shifted focus on essential medical supplies such as ventilators, face masks, and sterilization equipment. This has a negative impact on the growth of the dosimetry market. As transportation of all non-essential healthcare products is suspended to contain the COVID-19 outbreak. Market players will witness an uptake in demand depending on how countries’ healthcare response fairs against novel coronavirus.
However, manufacturers are urged to contribute in any capacity they can. This means demand from cancer patients undergoing treatment should be catered to amid the pandemic. Manufacturers must then devise strategies to manufacture and deliver dosimeters to crucial cancer patients and healthcare institutions.
Request the coronavirus impact analysis across industries and markets https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/covid19/rep-gb-3482
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT GLOBAL DOSIMETRY MARKET
Will rise in the installation of base equipment affect the growth of the dosimetry market?
In past decade, there has been an upsurge in the installation of PET and SPECT scanners for the diagnosis of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and other neurology-related diseases. This has resulted in the exposure of radiation in hospitals, and ultimately rise in the demand for dosimeters for measuring the radiation levels among medical professionals.
How are stringent regulations hampering the launch of new products?
In developed economies such as the U.S. and Europe, there are stringent regulations for the approval of new dosimeters. Also, growing level of difficulties in meeting the standards set by government authorities regarding radioactive products has limited investments towards the development of new dosimeters, especially among emerging players.
How will technology advancements convalesce the demand for dosimetry in the near future?
Advancements in technology have not only worked to the advantage of end users but also enabled the development of improved dosimeters. For instance, Naphthalene Dosimeter by Koppers Inc. emerged as the first real-time chemical dosimeter. Newly developed dosimeters are calibrated using well-established biological models of radiation-induced health effects, and display dose-rate rather than exposure-rate.