Increasing prevalence of eye infections due to ocular surgical procedures is primarily shaping eye infection treatment market. A recent Future Market Insights (FMI) report forecasts that even though the eye infection treatment market would continue to experience a downtrend throughout 2020 due to COVId-19 pandemic, revenues would reach US$ 10 Bn by the end of 2030. Post-operative ocular infections remain among the most common eye infection types, says the FMI study.
Caseloads of ocular surgical conditions such as cataracts, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and diabetic retinopathy are growing due to sedentary lifestyle habits, and expanding geriatric cohort. According to the US statistics 2019, cataracts affect over 24 million Americans aging at least 40 years. By age 75, about half of the Americans suffer from cataract. Further, diabetic retinopathy affects nearly 7.7 million Americans aging at least 40 years. In similar fashion, there were 48,229 corneal transplants performed in the US in 2013.
Demand for eye infection treatment will continue to receive a strong impetus from increasing awareness about different eye infection types and availability of treatment, further complemented by technological advancements on ophthalmology.
Request For Sample Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-1300
Key Takeaways of Eye Infection Treatment Market Study
- Antibiotics would contribute over 55% revenue share in the eye infection treatment market owing to their use in treating primary eye infections and post-surgical eye infections.
- Eye drop sales capture over 60% market share in the eye infection treatment market.
- Conjunctivitis would account for a third of eye infection treatment demand through 2030.
- Bacterial infections continue to account for over 3/5th market share.
- Hospitals and retail pharmacies collectively generate over 70% total returns to shareholders.
- Increasing rate of eye surgeries and rising usage of contact lenses continue to push North American market. European market would be upheld by the expanding geriatric pool.
Demand for Eye Infection Drugs to Slump Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has resulted in widened gap between supply and demand of eye infection treatments. As such, it has significantly reduced ocular surgery rate for short-term basis and, in turn, post-operative eye infections. According to World Health Organization (WHO), national healthcare resources redirection and utilization to contain COVID-19 pandemic is expected to delay and reschedule the treatment of non-critical healthcare conditions for brief period, including eye care services, and ocular surgeries.
Development and Licensing Deals with Multiple Commercialization Partners
Technology developers are laying greater emphasis on developing of novel ophthalmic formulation technologies and engaging with commercialization partners with licensing-out proprietary ophthalmic technologies. For instance, Nicox S.A. has licensed out ZERVIATE (cetirizine ophthalmic solution) 0.24% to Eyevance Pharmaceuticals LLC for commercialization of ZERVIATE in the US. ZERVIATE is the first topical ocular formulation of antihistamine cetirizine approved for treatment of ocular itching associated with allergic conjunctivitis. In addition, Ocumension Therapeutics is responsible for all development and commercialization activities in Chinese market for ZERVIATE.
Know More About FMI’s Eye Infection Treatment Market Study
Eye infection treatment market, a new study from Future Market Insights, opines on eye infections treatment from 2015 – 2019 and presents demand projections from 2020 – 2030 on the basis of; drug class (antibiotics, antivirals, antifungals, antihistamines, corticosteroids, and glucocorticoids), dosage form (tablet, capsule, ophthalmic ointment, and eye drops), indication (conjunctivitis, keratitis, endophthalmitis, blepharitis, stye or sty (hordeolum), uveitis, cellulitis, and ocular herpes), causative agent (virus, bacteria, fungus, and allergens) and distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies, and drug stores) across seven prominent regions.
Table of Content
- Executive Summary
1.1. Global Market Outlook
1.2. Demand Side Trends
1.3. Supply Side Trends
1.4. Technology Roadmap
1.5. Analysis and Recommendations
- Market Overview
2.1. Market Coverage / Taxonomy
2.2. Market Definition / Scope / Limitations
2.3. Inclusions and Exclusions
- Key Market Trends
3.1. Key Trends Impacting the Market
3.2. Development Trends
- Market Background
4.1. Macro-Economic Factors
4.1.1. Global GDP Growth Outlook
4.1.2. Global Healthcare Spending Outlook
4.2. Forecast Factors – Relevance & Impact
4.2.1. Adoption of Drugs
4.2.2. Disease Prevalence
4.2.3. Reimbursement scenario
4.2.4. Regulatory Scenario
4.2.5. Product in Pipeline
4.3. Market Dynamics
4.3.3. Opportunity Analysis
- Market Context
5.1. Drug Type vs Indication Analysis
5.2. Strategic Promotional Analysis, By Key Manufacturers
5.3. Key Regulations
5.4. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.5. PESTLE Analysis
- COVID19 Crisis Analysis
6.1. Current COVID19 Statistics and Probable Future Impact
6.2. Current GDP Projection and Probable Impact
6.3. Current Economic Projection as compared to 2008 financial analysis
6.4. COVID19 and Impact Analysis
6.4.1. Revenue By Product
6.4.2. Revenue By Dosage Form
6.4.3. Revenue By Country
6.5. 2020 Market Scenario
6.6. Quarter by Quarter Forecast
6.7. Projected recovery Quarter
6.8. Recovery Scenario – Short term, Midterm and Long Term Impact Global
Any Queries, Contact Us @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-1300
Reasons to Buy the report
- We provide authentic and detailed an analysis on various market trends to enable businesses to make informed and beneficial decisions to attain competitive edge over key players.
- Our analysts provide detailed market segmentation along with meaningful insights and extensive reports that other companies fail to include.
- The report includes accurate analysis of the market and the current developing trends affecting the growth. FMI speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, industry experts. This ensures that the data collected is from highly reliable sources.
Why Future Market Insights?
- Comprehensive analysis on evolving purchase pattern across different geographies
- Detailed insights of market segments and sub-segments for historical as well as forecast period
- A competitive analysis of prominent players and emerging players in the Eye Infections Treatment Market
- Detailed information about the product innovation, mergers and acquisitions lined up in upcoming years
- Ground breaking research and market player-centric solutions for the upcoming decade according to the present market scenario