In terms of value, the global filament tapes market is projected to increase at a CAGR of over 7% during the forecast period (2020-2026), owing to various factors, regarding which, FMI offers vital insights in detail in this report. Rise in infrastructural development, increasing purchasing power of consumers, and rapid growth of the e-Commerce sector are expected to fuel the filament tapes market. In addition, market growth will be driven by increasing sales of electronics & electrical devices. Filament tapes are used in sealing and bundling applications in electrical & electronics, and are the preferred choice among packaging companies over other tapes, given their high tensile strength and minimal residue on the metal surface after removal.
Amidst the COVID 19 pandemic, the e-Commerce industry is likely to grow at an unprecedented pace, which is expected to augment the growth of the filament tapes market. On the flip side, industries such as automotive and consumer goods have been highly affected by the pandemic. As such, growth of the global filament tape market is expected to be relatively slow in 2020.
“Key manufacturers of filament tapes are focusing on product innovation and technological integration that can allow at-scale production, resulting in quality products at a lower cost. This is likely to attract customers, as it balances cost and value. Organizations are also partnering and collaborating with other players in the market to penetrate deeper into untapped regions. This will enhance brand value and increases market competitiveness in the filament tapes market.”
Key Takeaways of Filament Tapes Market Study
- Single-sided tapes account for over 50% share of the overall filament tapes market. However, double-sided tapes are expected to register high incremental opportunity in comparison with single-sided tapes, owing to their multi-functional ability and high performance characteristics.
- Amongst the adhesive types, rubber-based and acrylic-based adhesive types would account for over 70% market share, cumulatively.
- As per FMI analysis, carton sealing is major application of filament tapes, followed by insulation and bundling. Cartons that need to be transported require sturdy packaging to prevent products from getting damaged. Due to increase in e-Commerce spending and growth of the FMCG sector, the carton sealing application is expected to remain prominent throughout the forecast period.
- Automotive and electrical & electronics industries, cumulatively, would maintain their primacy in the filament tapes market. However, due to the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, growth is anticipated to take a dip in the near term.
- Application of filament tapes is likely to surge in shipping & logistics and food & beverages, attributable to increasing shift of customers towards essential goods.
Filament Tapes Market Landscape
3M, Intertape Polymer Inc., and Saint Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation have been identified as the top players in the global filament tapes market, and account for over 20% of global market value. Tier-2 players such as Tesa Tape Inc., Sekisui Chemical Group, and Shurtape Technologies, along with others players, also have decent sales of filament tapes. Tier-3 players such as Folsen, Guangzhou Weasy Adhesive Products Co., Euro Tapes Pvt. Ltd., and Cosmos Tapes & Labels Private Limited are other noteworthy market players.
Filament Tapes Market Report Scope
|Historical Data Available for||2020-2026|
|Market Analysis||US$ Mn for Value and Units for Volume|
|Key Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Latin America, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
|Key Countries Covered||U.S, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Poland, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Nordic Region, Benelux, Rest of Europe, China, India, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Rest of South Asia, Australia, New Zealand, GCC, Turkey, South Africa, and Rest of MEA|
|Key Segments Covered||Filament Type, Adhesive Type, Width, Backing Adhesive Type, Application, End Use, and Region|
|Key Companies Profiled||3MIntertape Polymer Corp, Inc.Tesa Tape Inc.Canadian Technical Tape, Ltd.Saint-Gobain Performance PlasticsSekisui TA Industries, LLCPro Tapes & Specialties IncPPM INDUSTRIES S.P.A.Cosmos Tapes & Labels Private LimitedEuro Tapes Pvt. Ltd.Shurtape Technologies, LLCGuangzhou Weasy Adhesive Products Co.Folsen|
|Report Coverage||Market Overview, Key Market Trends, Key Success Factors, Demand Analysis, Market Background, COVID-19 Analysis, Segmental Analysis, Regional Profiling, Market Structure & Competition Analysis|
|Customization & Pricing||Available Upon Request|