The global food irradiation market is scheduled to cross the US$ 300 million mark by the end of 2030, according to ESOMAR-certified firm, Future Market Insights’ new report.
Heightening concerns regarding food adulteration and contamination is augmenting the need for effective quality assessment solutions, thus expanding the scope of food irradiation technologies. These technologies help enhance the shelf life of foodstuffs by eliminating bacterial and fungal growth.
Furthermore, accelerating demand for sterile foods in healthcare settings is also providing traction to food irradiation technologies. Sterile foods are highly beneficial for patients suffering from life altering diseases such as cancer and HIV/AIDS.
Key Takeaways from FMI’s Food Irradiation Report
- Stringent government regulations to stimulate food irradiation market in upcoming years
- Gamma radiation sources to remain highly prevalent due to their effectiveness and safety
- Ozone-based food irradiation technology to acquire immense popularity, attributed to its eco-friendly nature
- Asia-Pacific to generate lucrative revenue prospects during the 2020-2030 forecast period
- Limited awareness about food irradiation techniques likely to restrain growth moderately
“Rising incidences of food related mortalities is pushing vendors to invest in enhanced food irradiation technologies to make quality food available to potential customers,” opines the FMI analyst.
To Get Sample Copy of Report Visit @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-12645
COVID-19 Impact Insights
The novel coronavirus pandemic has led to a major global economic downturn. Multiple industries are experiencing production cycle and supply chain disruptions due to government enforced lockdowns to contain the virus’s spread. Consequently, they are experiencing reduced profit and revenue margins.
With regard to food irradiation, sluggishness is anticipated to remain until the latter half of 2021. This is primarily because of a reduction in laboratory testing due to curbs on on-premises operations by agencies. However, this downturn is not expected to be severe, as testing is possible under remote conditions as well.
Furthermore, demand for clean-label and adulterant free foods has especially heightened since the pandemic’s onset, attributed to fears of contracting the coronavirus through the ingestion of contaminated foodstuffs. This is expected to sustain demand for food irradiating tests throughout the duration of the pandemic.
The global food irradiation market is interspersed with the presence of various regional and international level manufacturers. Prominent vendors include Food Technology Service Inc., Sterigenics International Inc., Gray Star Inc., Ionisos SA, Nordion Inc., Reviss Services Ltd., Sadex Corporation, Sterix Isomedix Services, Scantech Sciences Inc., and Phytosan SA De C.
A combination of divestitures, expansion of manufacturing and business capacities and acquisitions characterize the aforementioned players’ key market strategies. Besides, they also concentrate on enhancing their product portfolios through the development and introduction of new technologies.
In 2017, Sterigenics International Inc. successfully executed its gamma sterilization capacity in an effort to increase its global outreach. The expansion cost amounted to US$ 17.5 million. The expansion involved the installation of a new gamma irradiator to expand its testing capacities.
In 2019, Ionisos SA acquired Steril Milano, a specialist in sterilization services. The acquisition was initiated keeping in mind the company’s objective of enhancing their regional footprint across Europe, thus allowing them to access a wider customer base.
More Valuable Insights on FMI’s Food Irradiation Market Study
Future Market Insights, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global food irradiation market, analyzing historical demand from 2015-2019 and forecast statistics for 2020-2030. The study reveals growth projections on the food irradiation market on the basis of source (gamma radiation, x-ray radiation and electron beam radiation) and technology (ultra-high pressure, steam pasteurization, food coating, ozone treatment and other technologies) across seven prominent regions.
Food Irradiation Market- Report Scope
|Historical Data Available for||2015-2019|
|Market Analysis||US$ Mn for Value|
|Key Regions Covered||North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa|
|Key Countries Covered||U.S, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, U.K, BENELUX, India, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, China, Japan, South Korea, GCC, South Africa, Northern Africa, Australia & New Zealand.|
|Key Segments Covered||Source & Technology|
|Key Companies Profiled||Food Technology Service Inc., Sterigenics International Inc., Gray Star Inc., Ionisos SA, Nordion Inc., Reviss Services Ltd., Sadex Corporation, Sterix Isomedix Services, Scantech Sciences Inc., Phytosan SA De C and Tacleor LLC.|
|Report Coverage||Market Overview, Key Trends, Success Factors, Demand Analysis, Market Background, COVID-19 Impact Analysis, Segmental Analysis, Regional Profiling, Market Structure Analysis & Competition Analysis|
|Customization & Pricing||Available upon Request|
Key questions answered in the report
- Identify the primary source of food irradiation. Gamma radiation is expected to emerge as the main source of food irradiation in the upcoming forecast period. High degree of safety and reliability of testing is considered a primary driver of the segment’s growth.
- What drives the global food irradiation market? According to FMI’s analysis, increasing incidences of food adulteration, contamination and poisoning amongst consumers is accelerating growth prospects for food irradiation technologies, the objective being the provision of clean and safe food. Additionally, rising demand for sterile foods across healthcare settings is also catapulting growth. Sterile foods are especially needed to boost immunity of patients suffering from debilitating conditions such as AIDS and cancer.
- Analyze COVID-19’s impact on the growth projections. The COVID-19 pandemic has ushered in a global recession, which has also impacted the food irradiation market. Government imposed lockdowns have decelerated laboratory testing of foodstuffs, causing a downswing. This sluggishness is anticipated to remain until the last quarter of 2021, after which the predicted growth trajectory is expected to become restored for the remainder of the forecast period.
- Which is the largest market for food irradiation? Asia Pacific is likely to be the fastest growing region, attributed to a rapidly exploding population base which has led to increased demand for clean and high quality foods.
- Which are the prominent players within the food irradiation landscape? Prominent players in the food irradiation landscape include Food Technology Service Inc., Sterigenics International Inc., Gray Star Inc., Ionisos SA, Nordion Inc., Reviss Services Ltd., Sadex Corporation, Sterix Isomedix Services, Scantech Sciences Inc., Phytosan SA De C and Tacleor LLC.