FMI – an ESOMAR-certified market research firm, states that the global high flow nasal cannula market will reach US$ 17.7 Bn by 2030.
There has been a noteworthy increase in respiratory disorders in the last few years. As per GBD (Global Burden of Diseases) study 2017, the cases pertaining to pneumoconiosis and COPD increased from 81.1% and 49.8% respectively from 1990 to 2017, and the number is expected to witness exponentiation in the forecast period.
Moreover, research states that high flow nasal cannula oxygenation proves to be an effective mode of treatment for present day Covid-19 caused by acute respiratory failure over non-invasive positive pressure ventilation (NIPPV). As such, the global high flow nasal cannula market is expected to witness traction in the short-term as well as in the long run.
Key Takeaways of High Flow Nasal Cannula Market Study
- Homecare settings to hold the largest market share in 2020 due to outbreak of Covid-19
- Sales through e-commerce channels witnessing a spike, as end-users show a marked preference for contactless delivery
- Single-use high flow nasal cannulas to replace reusable nasal cannulas in the forecast period due to increasing awareness regarding cross-contamination
High Flow Nasal Cannula Market: Competitive Landscape
The high flow nasal cannula market players are into the expansion mode regarding their portfolio to have a competitive edge over one another. They are also entering the inorganic growth mode to leave no stone unturned regarding their presence in the market.
For instance –
- Hamilton Medical AG, in Feb 2019, tabled “Nuflow single-use nasal cannulas” to facilitate high flow oxygen therapy for neonates. One could find these cannulas in 4 different sizes including a pair of fixation patches and an adapter
- Teijin holds the privilege of launching the first oxygen concentrator for Japan; i.e. “Mildsanso”. As far as cardiovascular diseases are concerned, Teijin’s Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) devices holds over 40% of the overall market for Japan.
- Salter Labs have 15 LPM cannulas when there is more requirement of oxygen. ALOFT cannulas are meant for extra comfort, especially for the geriatric population
- OmniOx from MEK-ICS Co., Ltd. Enables delivery of optimal humidification and has an adjustable FiO2 with 21 ~ 100%
Smiths Medical has its pediatric divided CO2/O2 nasal cannula, adult oral/nasal CO2, pediatric O2 nasal cannula under its CO2 sample line
For more insights into the market, request a sample of this report@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-11269
In Nov 2017, Teijin Pharma and SRETT agreed upon an exclusive distribution arrangement all over Japan for “TeleOx”. This device monitors respiratory functions in oxygen therapy. It is designed by SRETT
“CDC recommending HFNCO (High Flow Nasal Cannula Oxygenation) for treating ARF (Acute Respiratory Failure) coupled with increase in production capacity of high flow nasal cannulas to drive the market” says the FMI analyst.
Want more insights?
High flow nasal cannula market, a new study from Future Market Insights, states the indications of high flow nasal cannula from 2015 to 2019 and presents demand projections from 2020 from 2030 on the basis of components (air/oxygen blender, active humidifier, nasal cannulas, heated inspiratory circuit, and consumables), application (acute respiratory failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis, carbon monoxide toxicity, sleep apnea, acute heart failure, and others), and end user (hospitals, specialty clinics, long-term care centers, ambulatory care centers, and homecare setting) across seven prominent regions.
Table Of Content
1. Executive Summary
1.1. Global Market Outlook
1.2. Demand Side Trends
1.3. Supply Side Trends
1.4. Technology Roadmap
1.5. Analysis and Recommendations
2. Market Overview
2.1. Market Coverage / Taxonomy
2.2. Market Definition / Scope / Limitations
3. Key Market Trends
3.1. Key Trends Impacting the Market
3.2. Product Innovation / Development Trends
4. Key Success Factors
4.1. Product Adoption / Usage Analysis
4.2. Product USPs / Features
4.3. Promotional Strategies
4.4. State-of-art/Evolution of High Flow Nasal Cannula
4.5. Clinical Developments
4.6. Product Approvals
4.7. Reimbursement Scenario
5. Global High Flow Nasal Cannula Market Demand Analysis Volume (Mn Units) 2015-2019 and Forecast, 2020-2030
5.1. Historical Market Volume (Mn Units) Analysis, 2015-2019
5.2. Current and Future Market Volume (Mn Units) Projections, 2020-2030
5.3. Y-o-Y Growth Trend Analysis