Expected to reach the market value of US$ 1 Bn by 2020, global consumption of in-mold labels will witness a gradual CAGR of below 3% during 2019 – 2029. Sustained sales of products with in-mold labels will be primarily responsible for upholding consumption of in-mold labels, says a new research report of Future Market Insights (FMI).
The recent past has observed a burgeoning demand for visual packaging design across various end-use industries. In-mold labels not only help provide aesthetic appeal in products but also imparts barrier attributes to the packaging solution. However, the market will continue to be on a considerable slowdown in long run, as heat shrink labels which is a favored substitute for in-mold labels, continue to thrive in global market.
Key Takeaways – In-mold Labels Market Study
- Injection molding process will remain preferred in terms of market share, and witness expand at the rate of 3% during the forecast period.
- It is observed that vendors of in-mold labels primarily use polypropylene (PP) as this material is cheaper than other materials such as PET, PS, PE, etc. Usage of PP for in-mold labelling is estimated to create an incremental $ opportunity of US$ 325 Mn by the end of 2029.
- Prominent manufacturers are focusing on providing custom in-mold labels to cater to a wider array of applications. For instance, Multi-Color Corp. designed barrier IML labels to gain better shelf visibility with enhanced protection, for a food manufacturer Clover S.A. (Pty) Ltd. This gave its mayonnaise a new look and additional benefits with a barrier in-mold label (IML) package.
- Western Europe would be at the forefront in terms of market share.
- The introduction of transparent rigid packaging is trending in developing Asian countries and developed countries of Europe and North America, as it clearly displays visual attributes of products.
For Information On The Research Approach Used In The Report, Ask Analyst @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-2621
Continuous adoption of digitally printed in-mold labels makes branding more attractive, translating into higher shelf visibility and thus, improved sales. Thus, brand-owners are opting for digitally printed in-mold labels to gain a competitive edge in the market. Digitally printed in-mold labels not only save raw materials and costs but also reduce time and efforts required in manufacturing of in-mold labels. It thus tends to increase the overall productivity and profitability margin.
Acquisition the Key to Win in In-mold Labels Market
Key players operating in the in-mold labels market are acquiring regional companies to diversify their product offerings and broaden the geographical reach. Within past three years, CCL Industries Inc. acquired five different companies named as Hinsitsu Screen (Vietnam) Company Limited, Colle a Moi Inc., Treofan Americas, Nortec International Ltd, and Acrus CCL. These acquisitions are likely to consolidate the global in-mold labels market and increase the presence of leading market players.
Know More About Report
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, offers an unbiased analysis of the global in-mold labels market, analysing historical demand from 2014-2018 and forecast statistics of 2019-2029. The study unravels growth projections of the in-mold labels market on the basis of process (blow molding, injection molding and thermoforming), material (PP, PET, PS, PE, barrier and paper & others), printing method (gravure, flexo, offset, screen, digital and others) and end use (food, beverage, pharma, domestic care, cosmetics & personal and
About Packaging Division at Future Market Insights
The Packaging division at Future Market Insights provides an in-depth historical analysis and granular projections for the next ten years and covers the competition landscape through a unique dashboard view. Ranging from packaging materials, packaging machinery to packaging designs & formats, Future Market Insights has an exhaustive database for these industry verticals serving clients with our unique research offerings and strategic recommendations. With a repository of 1,000+ reports, the team has analyzed the packaging industry comprehensively in 50+ countries. The team evaluates every node of the value chain and provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.