The global maltodextrin market is projected to remain steady, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.7% between 2019 and 2029. The demand for cosmetics and personal care products is rising around the world. In the last few years, research and development initiatives in the cosmetic industry have resulted in the launch of new and innovative products. Maltodextrin plays an important role as an additive in many of these new launches. This indicates the rising use of maltodextrin over the years in the cosmetic and personal care industry.
Key Takeaways from the Maltodextrin Market Study
- Among various application segments, the usage of maltodextrin in the food and beverage industry is most common. Owing to the increasing health awareness and growing preference for processed food/diet with low fat, sugar, salt and high protein content, the demand for maltodextrin has remained stable in the food & beverages industry.
- Technological advancements in the production of maltodextrin encapsulated products, properties such as high-temperature tolerance, low moisture, high solubility, and bland flavor make maltodextrin a preferred wall material for encapsulation of various fats, oils and food acids.
- Since there is a high production of maltodextrin from corn starch, leading manufacturers are now focusing on improving their efforts to find other sources of maltodextrin in order to make sure the product is readily available to its target customers in the required quantity.
- Manufacturers are adopting innovative technologies in the product offering to meet consumers’ demands. Manufacturers with their brand names are introducing a variety of maltodextrin that can be utilized across diverse industries for various purposes. Tate & Lyle provides MALTOSWEET ® which is a combination of maltodextrins and Dried Glucose Syrups that is used in various food products.
- The use of the internet, blogs and social media to access available information about various chemicals and ingredients is increasing. It is a consumer-driven trend since they are getting increasingly worried about the effects of ingredients present in food and cosmetic products. This is changing a consumer’s buying pattern and behaviour. Which positively affect the growing demand of natural ingredients in the food and beverage industry.
The increasing demand for GMO-free starches in baby food and infant formula due to consumers’ inclination towards organic and natural food for their kids is creating growth opportunities for the market. Major players in the U.S. baby and infant formula market such Abbott, Nestlé, and Mead Johnson Nutrition were repeatedly petitioned to remove GMO ingredients from their respective baby food products. This showcases the growing demand of maltodextrin in baby food product as it is considered to be a good source of energy for baby. It also helps in balance intestinal osmolarity which may get altered by intestinal disorders in infants. Therefore this factor is anticipated to drive the maltodextrin market over the forecast period.
“Over the past few years an increasing number of consumers are steadily looking for food with healthier, trustworthy, and plant-based ingredients. This has made manufacturers shift towards the natural ingredients to cater to the growing demand. Impelled by the scenario, key players are focusing on research and development to find another natural source for maltodextrin.” says an FMI analyst.
Who is winning?
Some of the key players operating in the maltodextrin market ADM, Kraft, Luzhou, Matsutani, Mengzhou Jinyumi, Nowamyl, Ingredion Incorporated, Qinhuangdao Lihuang, Roquette Freres SA, Tate & Lyle Plc, Tereos Syral, Archer Daniels Midland Company, WGC, Xiwang, Zhuchen Runsheng, Zhucheng Dongxiao, Zhucheng Dongxiao Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Zhucheng Xingmao, Grain Processing Corporation, Gulshan Polyols Ltd., and Henan Feitian.
For Information On The Research Approach Used In The Report, Ask Analyst @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-544
Several leading market players are acquiring smaller businesses to expand their footprint and product portfolio. Besides this, acquisition often allows them to gain a competitive advantage.
- On December 12, 2018- A global leader in plant-based ingredients for food, health and nutrition markets, Roquette has completed its acquisition of a majority share in Crest Cellulose, from Pravesha Industries, which is one of the major pharma packaging company in India.
- On November 2, 2015- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) announced that it has completed the purchase of certain assets of Eaststarch C.V. Now ADM is the owner of Eaststarch’s corn wet mills in Bulgaria and Turkey and owns 50% share in a wet mill in Hungary.
Get Valuable Insights into Maltodextrin Market
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the global maltodextrin market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period from 2019-2029. The study divulges compelling insights on the maltodextrin market based on the nature (organic and conventional maltodextrin), based on source (Corn, wheat, potato, cassava, and rice) based on form (Spray-Dried Powder and “Instantized”/Agglomerated) and based on application (food & beverages, cosmetics & personal care, pharmaceuticals, and chemical) across seven major regions.
About the Food & Beverage Division at Future Market Insights
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Future Market Insights helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analysed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Food Market Division at FMI
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Future Market Insights helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analysed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.