Demand for effective packaging solutions has acquired center-stage across major industrial verticals. The reliance on conventional glass and metal based packaging is eroding in favor of more flexible and lightweight packaging material such as PP, paper and aluminum foils.
Various industries such as food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics & personal care are increasing uptake of packaging laminates. Depending upon the end-use industry, vendors are introducing novel and specific packaging solutions derived from several flexible materials.
Features such as high puncture and tear resistance, longer shelf life and enhanced aesthetics is propelling the adoption of customized packaging solutions. Based on these trends, Future Market Insights (FMI) projects the global packaging laminates market to surge impressively, reaching ~US$ 9 Bn by 2030.
Key Takeaways from the Packaging Laminates Study
- Europe & East Asia to collectively dominate the market, capturing nearly 40% of the revenue share
- Food industry to witness maximum packaging laminates application, capturing more than half of the total market share
- Non-aseptic packaging to supersede aseptic packing growth, accounting for more than 50% of the revenue
- 30-45 microns thickness packaging materials to hold maximum sway, registering an incremental opportunity worth US$ 1.6 Bn by 2030
- Global packaging laminates market to record a value CAGR worth ~5% from 2020-2030
“Strict environmental compliance measures to reduce wastage is compelling vendors to introduce eco-friendly & sustainable packaging material, providing traction to future growth,” infers an FMI analyst.
COVID-19 Impact Insights
The COVID-19 pandemic has induced major sluggishness across several end-use industries, attributed to cessation of production cycles amid strict lockdowns. Falling industrial production has also impeded demand for packaging laminates across major domains. However, demand is largely being sustained by the food & pharmaceutical industries.
An uptick in consumption of healthcare consumables, fresh & processed ready-to-eat foods and hygiene & homecare products is prompting vendors to strengthen their supply chains. Additionally, rising e-commerce activities have opened up fertile grounds for the proliferation of packaging laminates.
If existing lockdown measures continue to remain enforced, projected recovery across other industries is anticipated to be slow, leading to a sluggish trajectory. However, if they are relaxed, growth will pick up pace from the beginning of 2021.
Download a Sample Report with Table of Contents and Figures: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-12540
The packaging laminates players rely on strengthening local distribution networks and expansion of product portfolio by virtue of offering industry specific packaging solutions. Besides, they also rely on acquisitions and collaborations with rival players.
For instance, Mondi Group Plc is generating substantial revenue by targeting industrial and consumer packaging needs. Its product portfolio includes fibre packaging, packaging paper, consumer packaging and uncoated fine paper.
Likewise, Berry Group Global Inc. markets industrial tapes & adhesives, flexible packaging, polyethylene-based plastic films, heat-shrinkable solutions and protection solutions. It also provides solutions for food, personal care and cosmetic industries. In July 2019, the company acquired RPC Group plc to expand its plastic packaging portfolio.
Jindal Poly Films Limited, a prominent Indian player, is concentrating on expanding its production capacities by virtue of acquiring and collaborating with local and global players. The company plans to expand its 2nd nonwoven spunmelt fabric line in India by investing approximately US$ 56.4 million.
More Insights on the Packaging Laminates Market
Future Market Insights, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global packaging laminates market, analyzing historical demand from 2015-2019 and forecast statistics for 2020-2030. The study reveals growth projections on the packaging laminates market on the basis of material type (aluminum foil, paper and paperboard, metallized PP, metallized PET, metallized PA, metallized PE, metallized PVC and others), thickness (Up to 30 Microns, 30-45 Microns, 45-60 Microns and Above 60 Microns), application (aseptic packaging and non-aseptic packaging), end use industry (food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics & personal care and others) and across seven regions.
Packaging Laminates Market- Report Scope
|Historical Data Available for||2015-2019|
|Market Analysis||US$ Mn for Value and ‘000 Tons for Volume|
|Key Regions Covered||North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
|Key Countries Covered||U.S, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Russia, Poland, Turkey, South Africa, GCC, Japan, South Korea, China, India, Australia & New Zealand|
|Key Segments Covered||Material Type, Thickness, Application & End-Use Industry|
|Key Companies Profiled||Amcor Plc. Berry Global Group Inc. Mondi Group Plc. WINPAK LTD ProAmpac LLC Jindal Poly Firms Limited Uflex Ltd. Cosmo Films Ltd. Schur Flexibles Holding GmbH Toray Plastics (America) Inc. Glenroy Inc. CoverisHoldings S.A AptarGroup Inc. DUNMORE Eurofoil|
|Report Coverage||Market Overview, Market Trends, COVID-19 Impact Analysis, DROT Analysis, Value Analysis, Volume Projections, Segmental Analysis, Regional Profiling, Competitive Landscape|
|Customization & Pricing||Available upon Request|
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What is the scope for packaging laminates market in the upcoming decade? The global packaging laminates market is slated to witness steady growth, expanding at a value CAGR of ~5% until 2030. The market shall expand 1.6x in value terms during the upcoming decade, representing a US$ 3.6 Bn incremental opportunity
- Identify the prominent trends responsible for propelling future growth Printing on packaging laminates to enhance brand image as well as design level innovations to meet customized requirements are likely to pervade the packaging industry in the coming future However, spike in demand for healthcare consumables, hygiene products and immunity boosting foods have augmented the need for laminated packaging. This is because consumers are relying on e-commerce platforms to avail the aforementioned products In order to maintain their competitive edge, these players are offering products according to industry specifications. Additionally, they are strengthening their presence by upgrading their product portfolios and establishing robust supplier and distribution networks
- Which end-use industry promises to emerge as a sunshine area for packaging laminates? By end-use industry, a substantial portion of the market is dominated by the food industry. The food industry is the primary prime consumer of packaging laminates and is expected to create gratifying opportunities for manufacturers in coming years. The segment shall capture over half of the total market share
- Identify the possible impediment(s) to packaging laminates market expansion. Difficulties in recycling and disposal of multilayer packaging solutions due to insufficient technological advancements with respect to material recovery shall restrict the overall scope of the market
- How the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to impact the packaging laminates market? Onset of the COVID-19 pandemic has ushered in a slowdown across the packaging industry. Production crunches have disrupted the supply chain of several industries, leading to a decline in demand for packaging solutions. This has impeded growth of the packaging laminates market.