FMI’s report offers an exhaustive overview of the paper bags market. It covers information on the market’s growth potential, growth drivers and restraints.
Driven by the rising focus on environment-friendly and sustainable packaging solutions, the demand for paper bags is poised to surge exponentially, finds Future Market Insights (FMI) in a new study. Paper bags are lightweight, biodegradable, and cost-effective. Due to their intrinsic properties, they also are considered eco-friendlier than plastic alternatives.
Use of paper bags has been consistently rising across industries such as agriculture, construction, and others. Spurred by this, the market for paper bags is forecast to exhibit a CAGR of 4.1% CAGR between 2020 and 2030.
As paper bags are non-reactive, they are being widely used in the packaging of food, beverages, and various high-end products. Expansion of these sectors will therefore bode well for the overall market.
Some of the key takeaways from the report are highlighted below-
- Sales of pinched bottom open mouth paper bags will continue to surge
- Brown kraft will remain the preferred material for making paper bags
- Paper bags with thickness <2 ply is anticipated to be highly sought-after as disposable packaging solution
- Retail industry is forecast to exhibit high demand for paper bags
- Demand for paper bags is expected to skyrocket in APEJ
Request a Complete TOC of this Report with figures:
“Paper bags are becoming increasingly popular as better alternative for single-use plastic bags. With governments across various nations banning the use of polythene bags and other plastic items, sales of paper bags are expected to pick up. Some of the leading market players are eyeing this as a lucrative opportunity. Some have even introduced paper bags recycled from wastes such as discarded newspaper to leave a mark amid competition,” says an FMI analyst.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of novel coronavirus has put a dent in the expected growth of the paper bags market. Besides disruptions across manufacturing units, the market had struggled with scarcity of raw materials, non-operational supply chain, shutting down of logistics units, unavailability of labours, among other factors during extended periods of lockdown. The key market players are however working hard to strengthen their infrastructure to continue manufacturing quality products.
Who is Winning?
Competition in the paper bags market is likely to get fiercer in the coming years. Companies are therefore increasingly focusing on recycled materials for the production of quality paper bags. Some are even pushing product launches to gain a competitive advantage.
For instance, RonPak has launched their extensive range of paper bag products such as carry out, pinch-bottom, wraps, and others with SQF certification and manufactured with optical brightener with blacklight detection of glue in the recent year.
JohnPac has launched their exclusive multi-wall paper bags with a diverse range of styles such as sewn open mouth, self-opening sack, pinch bottom open mouth, sewn valve, pasted valve stepped end and others in the current year.
Paper Bags Market Report: Scope
|Historical Data Available for||2015-2019|
|Market Analysis||USD Million for value and volume (per tons)|
|Key Regions Covered||North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania Middle East & Africa|
|Key Countries Covered||US, Canada, Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa|
|Key Segments Covered||Product Type, Material Type, Thickness, End User, and Region|
|Key Companies Profiled||Smurfit Kappa Group PlcInternational Paper CompanyNovolex Holdings, Inc.RonpakWelton Bibby And Baron LimitedEl Dorado Packaging, Inc.Langston Companies, Inc.United Bags, Inc.Genpak FlexibleGlobal-Pak, Inc.York Paper Company LimitedPaperbags LimitedJohnPac Inc.WestRock Company|
|Report Coverage||Market Forecast, brand share analysis, competition intelligence, DROT analysis, Market Dynamics and Challenges, Strategic Growth Initiatives|
|Customization & Pricing||Available upon Request|
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- At what CAGR is the paper bags market expected to grow?According to Future Market Insights (FMI), the paper bags market is anticipated to grow by 4.1% CAGR during the forecast period from year 2020 to 2030.
- Which are the top companies in paper bags market?Some of the top companies in global paper bags market are Smurfit Kappa Group Plc, International Paper Company, Global-Pak, Inc., Langston Companies, Inc., and others.
- Which category of paper bags is highly sought-after?Pinched bottom open mouth paper bags is the most lucrative segment by product type of the paper bags market and anticipated to maintain the lead throughout the forecast period.
- Which is the preferred material type in paper bags market?Brown Kraft is the most preferred material type in the global paper bags market.
- How are companies planning to gain competitive edge in paper bags market?With competition getting tougher, key market players are focusing on more diverse and advanced product launching in order to target broad end users. As the key end users such as retail, agriculture, and others are getting inclined towards sustainable or green packaging solutions, the top companies are emphasizing on producing recyclable and reusable paper bags.
- Who is the leading end user in the paper bags market?Retail segment is the leading end user industry in the global paper bags market and is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period.
- Which is the largest market for paper bags?APEJ (Asia Pacific Excluding Japan) is the largest market for paper bags followed by North America and Western Europe. According to FMI, APEJ will sustain in the leading position throughout the forecast period from the year 2020 to 2030.
More Valuable Insights on Paper Bags Market
In its latest report, Future Market Insights offer a detailed and unbiased analysis of the global paper bags market. It provides historical data for the period of 2015-2019 and forecast statistics for the period of 2020-2030. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth and scopes, the market is segmented on the basis of product type (sewn open mouth, pinched bottom open mouth, pasted valve, pasted open mouth, flat bottom), material type ( brown kraft, white kraft), thickness (<2 ply, 2 ply, 3 ply, >3 ply), end use ( agriculture & allied industries, building & cons, food & beverage, retail, chemicals, others), across six major regions (North America, APEJ, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Latin America, MEA, and Japan).