The policosanol market is growing at a significant rate owing to increasing benefits derived from policosanol in the nutraceutical industry. According to a study by Future Market Insights (FMI), the overall valuation of the market is expected to surpass US$ 282 Mn in 2021. Growth will remain positive, especially as industries realize the clinical utilities of policosanols.
The presence of antioxidant properties in policosanol has resulted in its inclusion in the treatment of degenerative diseases like cardio-vascular disease and diabetes. Therefore, increasing health conscious among consumers is fuelling the demand for policosanol products.
Along with nutraceutical properties, policosanols have proven beneficial in acne treatments, skin repairing that makes it an even more used ingredient worldwide. Several dermatologists and dieticians around the globe consider policosanol as a key compound, which is easily available in plants such as sugarcane, wheat, and rice. Policosanols are very useful for acne-prone skin as these ensure that pores are clear of oil as it acts as an anti- seborrheic agent.
Other skin benefits of using policosanol products are it reduces the ageing process and helps in skin tightening. Escalating demand for policosanols in cosmetic and personal healthcare products is a major factor driving the policosanols market growth during the forecast period.
Request a Complete TOC of this Report with figures:
Consumers are even suggested making policosanol a part of their dietary intake. Policosanol at the extraction stage is a potent source of active enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and proteins. Therefore, increasing health consciousness among consumers is fuelling the demand. According to the report, the dietary supplements segment will emerge as a key application, accounting for over 30% of sales in the market in 2021.
Key Takeaways from Policosanols Market Study
- Increasing focus on health and wellness will drive sales, enabling the policosanol market exhibit 5.9% CAGR between 2021 and 2031
- The U.S holds over 80% share in the North America policosanol market, thanks to increasing use of policosanol as a key ingredient in pharmaceuticals and nutraceutical formulation
- The U.K. will emerge as a chief market, exhibiting steady y-o-y growth at 2.2% in 2021
- Increasing focus on health and wellness will drive sales in France and Germany
- East Asia remains a chief market, driven by increasing demand from China and South Korea
“Diverse applications will continue supporting the expansion of policosanols market. Steered by ongoing trends, manufacturers are likely to focus on product launches to be able to offer products that suit consumer requirements,” said a lead analyst at FMI.
Application in Cosmetic Industry Will Boost Growth
Consumers have become conscious about their skin and are looking for natural products, especially for skincare and hair care. The cosmetics and skincare industry has seen a tremendous surge in the use of policosanol moisturizer products as it provides various skin benefits such as tissue repair, elasticity, and depigmentation, thus making the skin look healthy and radiant.
Use of Policosanol in Animal Feed is Fueling the Demand
Policosanols are mostly used in specialized feeding applications with monogastric animals, such as in milk replacers. The use of policosanol in pet foods, as well as livestock feed, has shown an improvement in the animals’ overall health. Manufacturers have great scope of business as in animal feed industry and animal feeders are demanding plant derived products as more effective in terms of nutrition.
Who is winning?
Some of the key players operating in the Policosanols market areAmbePhytoextracts, Marcor- An Azelis Company, Douglas Laboratories, Now, Garuda International, Inc, Hainan Zhongxin Chemical, Hainan Zhongxin Chemical, Herblink Biotech Corporation, HuzhouShengmaBiochem Co. Ltd.Key players are adopting strategies like new product development, acquisition, sustainable partnership with distributors etc. for policosanols market.
- In 2019, Garuda International, Inccompanyhas launched upgraded version of LesstanoL® Sugar Cane Wax Policosanol / Octacosanol. It is a ingredient which can used in many types of formulation of dietary supplement tablets or capsules.
- In 2019 ZOI Research, The company launched its Certified-Organic version ZOI Research, Cholesterol Support, 90 Vegetarian Capsules. To ensure lipid metabolism for cholesterol level management.
- In 2020 India Glycols Ltd., The company launches various Phytochemicals / nutraceuticals as Ennature Biopharma is in the business of manufacturing natural active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), standardized botanical extracts and spice extracts for the beverage, dietary supplement, functional food, pharmaceutical and cosmeceutical industries.
- In 2019 Mediplus, The company launched policosanols tablets . It is a packet of 60 tablets that is formulated using advance techniques in New Zealand. It not only support healthy cholesterol levels but also enhances stamina.
- In 2020 Cyvex Nutrition, Inc., The company launched new tablets called as Swanson Ultra Policosanols supplements.These supplements are among the best sellers in 2020. It helps in maintaining a good cardiovascular health. As policosanols help in combating health issues.
Scope of the Report
|Historical Data Available for||2016-2020|
|Market Analysis||USD Million for value and MT for Volume|
|Key Regions Covered||North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania Middle East & Africa|
|Key Countries Covered||US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Argentina, Rest of Latin America, Germany, France, Italy, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Rest of South Asia, Australia, New Zealand, GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, North Africa, Central Africa, Rest of MEA|
|Key Segments Covered||Source, Grade, Extraction process and End Use Application|
|Key Companies Profiled||AmbePhytoextractsMarcor- An Azelis CompanyDouglas LaboratoriesNowGaruda International, IncHainan Zhongxin ChemicalHainan Zhongxin ChemicalHerblink Biotech CorporationHuzhouShengmaBiochem Co. Ltd.India Glycols Ltd.Laboratories Dalmer S. A.Nutritopper BiotechnologyRisun Bio-Tech Inc.Sami Labs Ltd. (Sabinsa Group)|
|Report Coverage||Market Forecast, brand share analysis, competition intelligence, DROT analysis, Market Dynamics and Challenges, Strategic Growth Initiatives|
|Customization & Pricing||Available upon Request|
Get Valuable Insights into Policosanols Market
Future Market Insights, in its new report, presents an unbiased analysis of the policosanols market, covering historical demand data 2016-2020 and forecast figures for the period between 2021 and 2031. The study divulges compelling insights into the growth witnessed in the market. Based on the policosanols Market based on product type, has been classified into policosanols. The policosanolis classified on the basis of source, grade, application and extraction process. Regionally, the policosanolsmarket covers North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and MEA.