The global preterm birth prevention and management market surpassed the valuation of US$ 1 Bn in 2019, with growth projected to see a robust CAGR of more than 9% through 2029. The preterm birth prevention drugs industry is observing a substantial surge in number of FDA-approved new generic copies of blockbuster drugs every year. This can be primarily attributed to favorable government policy framework and demographics, orphan drug designations, adoption of new combination therapies, and complications in the selection of one line of therapy.
Key Takeaways of the Study
- Development of higher complexity specific portfolios and consistent focus on areas of strength while working pipelines are the cornerstone for success in the preterm birth prevention market space.
- Ensuring preterm interventions and research given proportional focus, so funding is aligned with health burden to curb the mortality rate.
- Makena, with various approvals for the treatment of preterm birth in potential female patient pool, contributed to the dominance of the progesterone therapy segment by therapy type in 2018 and continue to do so during the forecast period.
- Highly effective therapies with cost advantage over are expected to generate significant revenue in the long run.
- Majority of the global preterm birth cases have not been directed towards preterm diagnostic leading to higher mortality rates and complications.
- Sale of Hydroxyprogesterone over antihypertensive drugs such as Nifedipine, and labetalol in the global preterm birth prevention and management market has increased drastically owing to quicker onset of action and higher efficacy.
The demand from high preterm birth rate countries, development of new drug entity, loss of exclusivity in hydroxyprogesterone, and growth strategies based on tie up with distribution channel partners are projected to offer new growth opportunities for the preterm birth prevention and management market.
Request For Report Sample @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-6457
Launch of Cost-effective Therapies Bodes Well for Market
New revenue opportunities in developed economies, and orphan drug designation by FDA are contributing significantly towards the launch of cost-effective therapies. A few other factors assisting the growth of preterm birth prevention and management market include adoption of preterm diagnostic tests and the economic burden of premature birth on the system.
Frequent drug shortages and unavailability of life-saving formulations in many parts of the country, growing initiatives by government and manufacturers for supply of life-saving preterm birth drugs, particularly in low income and developing countries, are driving the market growth.
Strategic Acquisitions by Key Players to Widen Regional Presence
The leading players in the preterm birth prevention and management market such as AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc., and Mylan, are concentrating on organic revenue growth and commercial expansions by mergers and distribution agreements and capturing the untapped potential of the preterm birth prevention and management market.
- In 2019, AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. a largest preterm birth prevention and management drug manufacturer announced the completion of acquisition of Perosphere Pharmaceuticals Inc., a private biopharmaceutical firm. With the acquisition, AMAG received ciraparantag to its development portfolio. This acquisition further strengthened AMAG Pharmaceuticals hold of preterm birth prevention and management business with addition of heparin therapy
- AMAG acquired the global rights to R&D and marketing of digoxin immune Fab, a drug used to treat severe preeclampsia in pregnant women from Velo Bio, LLC.
Speak to Analyst, Questions Related To Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-6457
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PRETERM BIRTH PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT MARKET
What are the factors contributing to growth of the preterm birth prevention and management market?
Growing focus on targeted therapies and standard of care, particularly in the area of preterm birth, is increasing the need for preterm birth prevention and management drugs. Progesterone therapy hold a notable share of the preterm birth prevention and management market. Adoption of preterm birth prevention and management drug in developing economies is anticipated to gain significant traction.
What are the promising strategies for large manufacturers and small local players contributing to growth of the preterm birth prevention and management market?
The higher fragmented nature of the market particularly with progesterone therapy and the availability of optional intervention hampers the profitability of the business. However, increasing awareness about preterm birth prevention and management and growing demand for cost-effective treatment options for preterm birth prevention have increased the revenue opportunities for global manufacturers.
Which country is growing at highest pace in preterm birth prevention and management market during the forecast period?
The Preterm Birth Prevention and Management market in India is expected to witness significant growth due to highest number of preterm births coupled with affordability of preterm birth prevention and management therapies in country.