The value of pet grooming products shipped across the globe grew 5.3% year-on-year (Y-o-Y) in 2019, according to new study from Future Market Insights (FMI). The firm’s recent global pet grooming tracker reveals that sales will decline to 2.9% y-o-y to around US$ 16 Bn in 2020.
While supply shortages affected market’s capital performance in Q1 of 2020 and initial weeks of Q2 of 2020, sharp decline in consumer demand has been key factor behind sales dip. COVID-19-induced lockdowns and measures have triggered physical retail closures for extended time periods worldwide, leading to notable decline in demand.
For more insights on the Pet Grooming Market, you can request for TOC at @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/toc/rep-gb-12543
Pet Grooming Market Size Study
- Sales of pet grooming products will rise nearly twice over 2020-2030
- About 6 out of 10 pet grooming products to be sold will be conditioners & shampoos
- Majority of pet grooming products will be developed for dogs and cats
- Economy/mid-range pet grooming products continue to generate greater total returns to shareholders
- Market players to channelize their investments towards modern trade over following decade
- North America and Europe will remain epicenter of growth opportunities, owing to surging trend of pet humanization
“Retailers have to step up from economical and mid-priced pet grooming products to premium ones to encourage pet owners to spend more and experience better quality. Ensuring enhanced consumer experience in click and brick-and-mortar stores will allow pet owners to leverage both offline and online platforms,” says analyst at FMI.
COVID-19 Impact on Pet Grooming Market
While the global retail industry has taken hard hit due to COVID-19 pandemic, in particular, certain sub-categories of the industry have sustained the shockwaves, thanks to stay-at-home protocol. Among these is the pet grooming market.
New market entrants are actively looking for countercyclical categories amidst the public health crisis. Future-approved business models must include competitive pricing structure, clear value proposition, and unique delivery mechanism. In addition, stakeholders must ensure to integrate subject matter experts including, skilled pet professionals, into their advisory board to authenticate medical claims, product concepts, and lend credibility.
With more people owning pets and owners increasingly spending to improve health and lifestyle of their pets, the global pet grooming industry will experience unprecedented growth during this tough phase.
Pet Grooming Market – Competitive Intelligence
The global pet grooming market is highly fragmented, with presence of several players joining industry competition. Market players are continuously involved in developing cutting-edge products with an aim to expand their consumer base and, in turn, ensure better margins. For instance,
- Australia-based, Oakwood Products has rolled out assembly of pet care and grooming products in the US. The products – derived from ingredients native to Australia – are developed to keep pets’ coats professionally shiny and clean. The assembly includes nine product SKUs containing conditioners, shampoos, pet odor and stain removers, and grooming tools.
- Atronia Innovations has developed new pet grooming device – Groomade – using cutting-edge air-touch technology. The proprietary technology ensures that any non-skilled individual can trim, comb, and groom his/her pet’s hair and fur akin to professionals. Moreover, the innovative product creates perfect cuts, is ideal for all dog breeds’ fur and coat types, and vacuums every hair strand that falls off during grooming session.
Want to Know More About Pet Grooming Market?
Future Market Insights, in its new study, provides compelling insights about the pet grooming market that encloses industry analysis for 2015 – 2019 and opportunity assessment for 2020 – 2030. The report offers unbiased assessment on pet grooming market through four different categories – product type, pet type, price range, sales channel, and region. The global pet grooming market research study delivers insights of pricing by different life cycle analysis, product life cycle, major market trends and technologies that are being utilized in the development of pet grooming products and services as well as their adoption in various end users.
Pet Grooming Market Report: Scope
|Historical Data Available for||2015-2019|
|Market Analysis||USD Million for value|
|Key Regions Covered||North America, Latin America, Europe. South Asia, East Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
|Key Countries Covered||US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, BENELUX, China, Japan, South Korea, India, ASEAN, Australia, New Zealand, GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, Israel, South Africa|
|Key Segments Covered||Product Type, Pet Type, Price Range, Sales Channel, and Region|
|Key Companies Profiled||Beaphar, Ferplast S.p.A., Ancol Pet Products Limited, Rolf C. Hagen Inc., The Hartz Mountain Corporation, Groomer’s Choice, Nap Pets (Himalaya Herbal Healthcare), Earthbath, Spectrum Brands Inc., Tecla Company, Synergy Labs, Petco Animal Supplies Inc., Coastal Pet Products Inc., Vet’s Best, 4-Legger, World for Pets, Boss Pet Products Inc., Rosewood Pet Products, Mungo & Maud, A.B.O. and Gear LLC (only indicative list)|
|Report Coverage||Market Forecast, brand share analysis, competition intelligence, DROT analysis, Market Dynamics and Challenges, Strategic Growth Initiatives|
|Customization & Pricing||available upon request.|
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- How the market for pet grooming is expected to shape up in coming ten years? The global pet grooming market size will value around US$ 16.4 Bn in 2020. Market revenue pool will expand by around 6.9% CAGR during 2020-2030.
- Which is the largest market for pet grooming? North America and Europe represent the largest market for pet grooming, globally, owing to escalating rate of pet adoption and flourishing trend of pet humanization in these regions.
- How the competition is structured in global pet grooming market? The global pet grooming market is highly fragmented with presence of various leading and emerging players including, Beaphar, Ferplast S.p.A., Ancol Pet Products Limited, Rolf C. Hagen Inc., and The Hartz Mountain Corporation.
- Which product type will remain high in demand in global pet grooming market? Among various product types, demand for conditioners and shampoos will remain high over following decade in global pet grooming market. However, market players are also tapping into shear and trimming tools to achieve economies of scale.
- Which sales channel is highly preferable in global pet grooming market? Market players are gleaning significant revenue from modern trade. While they are also exploring sales prospects in pet specialty stores, they will hurt their revenue pool if they do not leverage online retail channels.