Applications in automotive and consumer electronics will drive silicone anode batteries sales, finds Future Market Insights (FMI) in a new study. According to the report, the silicon anode battery market is expected to surpass US$ 2.09 Bn by 2031. Applications of these batteries are rising steadily across industries, as a replacement anode for graphite.
Silicon has comparatively better technical features than graphite, hence it is used as a utility negative electrode in lithium-ion batteries. Its application within the automotive sector is expected to skyrocket especially in response to the increasing production of electronic vehicles. While the automotive sector currently holds dominance, the consumer electronics sector will trail closely, exhibiting high growth.
Get more Insights Analysis on this Silicon Anode Battery Market @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-2134
Key Takeaways of Silicon Anode Battery Market Study
- Silicone anode battery market will register impressive growth, exhibiting 21.5% CAGR between 2021 and 2031
- Expansion of consumer electronics and automotive sectors will enable the U.S. account for over 70% silicon anode batteries sold in North America
- Despite a year of negative growth, the U.K. will register 16% y-o-y growth in 2021, thanks to increasing sales of electronic vehicles
- Germany and France will emerge as highly lucrative markets for silicon anode battery in Europe
- Increasing consumer electronics manufacturing and demand for state-of-the-art technologies supporting expansion in China. Japan and South Korea too will continue offering lucrative opportunities
“Silicon anode manufacturers are likely to capitalize on the increasing demand for electronic vehicles. Higher focus on environmentally-friendly technologies will continue offering attractive opportunities,” said a lead analyst at FMI.
North America currently leads the market. Europe too will exhibit increasing demand, thanks to increasing focus on the production of electric vehicles. Besides this, growth exhibited in both East and South Asia will increase at an accelerated pace especially since these regions are focusing on expanding their manufacturing facilities.
Who is Winning?
Some of the leading players operating in the silicon anode battery market are Amprius Inc, Nexeon Ltd, Enevate Corp and Boston Power Inc.
The Silicon Anode Battery market is a highly competitive market dominated by regional players. These companies are striving to offer the most optimized solutions while mitigating the technical challenges.
Companies operating in the market have been focusing on capacity expansion and introducing innovative solutions. For instance, Canada-based startup TRION Energy has been focusing on addressing incumbent challenges by adding silicon to graphite using its low cost technology called SiMoGraph technology.
About the Report:
The research report analyzes the total sales of silicon anode battery on the basis of volume (MWh) and value (US$ Mn). The market is projected on the basis of factors such as industrial growth of battery sector, developments in battery technology, end-use industry demand, global GDP growth, industry value added, and government regulations. The scope of the research report includes only new sales of silicon anode battery.
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- Which is the most lucrative market for Silicon Anode Battery?The U.S. currently leads the silicon anode battery market. It is expected to remain the dominant market within North America through the next decade.
- Which Is The Top-Selling Type of Silicon Anode Battery in terms of Capacity?Based on capacity, above 2500 mAh in the silicon anode batteries are the most valued as they find applications in emerging technologies like electric vehicle batteries, grid storage, and consumer electronics applications like laptops.
- Which Region is Exhibiting High Demand for Silicon Anode Battery?North America is expected to register a healthy CAGR over the forecast period. Currently, the Silicon Anode Battery market in Asia-Pacific accounts for nearly 40% of the global market.
- Which are some of the leading companies in the Silicon Anode Battery Market?Some of the leading companies in the Silicon Anode Battery market are Amprius Inc, Nexeon Ltd, Enevate Corp and Exion Corp.
- Who is the key end user of Silicon Anode Battery?Automotive industry has been exhibiting high demand for silicon anode battery. Demand is expected to rise further as applications increase in electronic vehicle manufacturing.