Over the years, super absorbent polymers have been gaining immense traction for a variety of end-uses. Invented in the 1970s in Japan, super absorbent polymers are derived from an amalgamation of sodium hydroxide and acrylic acid. Super absorbent polymers are primarily used in producing feminine and disposable hygiene products, disposable diapers, sand bags, artificial snow and absorbent pads. These polymers are used to manufacture aqueous solutions for diapers, absorbent pads and adult incontinence products.
Superabsorbent polymers have taken the diaper industry by storm. Manufacturers effectively exploited their liquid retention capacity. These polymers absorb and retain nearly 30 times their weight in urine. The swollen gel within the diaper preserves the liquid in a rubbery state, preventing any leakage. Based on this trend, the superabsorbent polymers market is anticipated to reach a volume of ~3000 tons by the end of 2020.
“Mushrooming population across the Asia-Pacific region is prompting diaper manufacturers to initiate their businesses in this region. Massive demand and production across emerging economies such as South Korea, Japan, China and India is compounding usage of superabsorbent polymers,” concludes a prominent analyst at FMI.
Request report sample in order to acquire in-depth market insights on https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-429
Superabsorbent Polymers Market- Key Takeaways
- Adult incontinent products constituted 12% of the superabsorbent polymers market during the historical period. This trend is expected to continue in the future.
- Feminine hygiene products are gaining significant momentum, attributed to growing awareness about women’s health.
- The superabsorbent polymers market shall be valued at US$ 7.7 Bn by 2020, expanding at a moderate CAGR of 4% since 2015.
- Asia-Pacific shall pivot the global superabsorbent polymers market in the future.
Superabsorbent Polymers Market- Prominent Drivers
- Rising demand for fluffless diapers is catapulting superabsorbent polymers usage in the diapers industry. Their ability to disperse the moisture instead of collecting it is boosting their popularity.
- Need for effective management of water resources during irrigation is pushing adoption of superabsorbent polymers. It is reported that over 30% of the water can be conserved using superabsorbent polymers.
Superabsorbent Polymers Market- Key Constraints
- Volatility in prices of raw materials used to manufacture superabsorbent polymers is proving to be a hindrance to market growth.
- Concerns regarding effective disposal of non-biodegradable superabsorbent polymer based diapers is discouraging consumers from purchasing them.
Anticipated Impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic
The superabsorbent polymers market has experienced a significant production crunch in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. As countries have imposed nationwide lockdowns, manufacturing units are either completely shut or operating at half their capacities. Moreover, social distancing measures have disrupted logistical arrangements, leading to problems in procuring raw materials for production. In addition, these raw materials have skyrocketed in terms of cost as there is a severe shortage. Fortunately, market players are leveraging their supply chains by consolidating their online sales platforms in order to deliver their products to their consumers. Customers are increasingly purchasing diapers through online retail outlets, keeping the market afloat. Moreover, certain countries have now started to relax lockdowns, permitting transportation and production to revert to normalcy. This is anticipated to retain much of the lost revenue during the first two quarters of 2020.
Explore the superabsorbent polymers report with illustrative figures, data tables and the table of contents. You can also find a detailed market segmentation on https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/askus/rep-gb-429.
Super Absorbent Polymers Market by Category
By Product Type
- Sodium Polyacrylate
- Polyacrylamide Copolymer
By Application Type
- Disposable diapers
- Adult Incontinence Products
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Agriculture Products
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia & Pacific
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
A recent market study published by FMI on the Super Absorbent Polymers Market includes global industry analysis for 2016-2020 & opportunity assessment for 2021-2031, and delivers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting thorough research on the historical and current growth parameters of the Super Absorbent Polymers Market, the growth prospects of the market are obtained with maximum precision.