Global lactose demand is set to expand at nearly 4% in 2021, as burgeoning focus on health and wellness create substantial opportunities. While demand for powdered lactose will remain higher than granular lactose, the latter is set to grow at a higher rate. US will continue to be the largest market, however, lactose manufacturers can expect growing opportunities in Latin America and Asia Pacific. These insights are according to the latest edition of the study, conducted by ESOMAR-certified research and consulting firm, Future Market Insights (FMI).
Used as a filler or filler binder in the manufacturing of drugs and capsules, the pharmaceuticals domain has emerged as a lucrative application area for lactose-based products. Developing advanced manufacturing processes and technological innovations in industry to produce quality lactose that are consistently safe and effective has fuelled lactose production worldwide.
In recent years, hundreds of supply shortage incidences have been reported and hence leading to the expansion of advanced technology production facilities will accelerate production capacity and narrow down the supply-demand gap. The ongoing expansion of production facilities with advanced technology accelerates the consumption of lactose and is expected to lead to market growth across the globe.
- Lactulose to emerge as the lucrative derivative type, accounting for nearly 30% sales
- United States will continue to account for significant market share among all countries
- Powdered form lactose will continue to outsell lactose in granule form
- Food industry will be the mainstay for lactose demand, but opportunities in animal feed are growing
- UK lactose to mimic broader consumer trends in Europe
- Lactose market players in Japan and South Korea target novel applications
“While food and beverage industry has accounted for bulk of the demand, market players are exploring applications in animal feed and personal care industry ” said a lead analyst at FMI
Request The Sample Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-12375
Emerging nations represent an exceptional opportunity for the lactose industry. Players are making significant investments to penetrate the untapped markets through affordable offerings. Key stakeholders in the lactose market have commenced significant revamps to their strategies in emergent countries and purpose is to increase access to their products.
In recent years, lactose market has witnessed product launches with the development of lactose by key manufacturers in order to increase their market share globally. Companies are coming up with various lactose based ingredient and derivatives for application in various segments.
- In 2015, Meggle one of key player of lactose, launched triple compound pharma grade lactose CombiLac®, specifically designed to ease oral solid dosage.
- In 2019, Kerry announced to launch Aero Flo brand for inhalation lactose grade. Brand named Aero Flo® for inhalation grades of lactose have been explicitly developed for usage in dry powder inhalers for pulmonary delivery of pharmaceuticals.
Who is Winning?
Some of the key players operating in the lactose market are, Armor Pharma, Avantor, Inc., Ba’emek Advanced Technologies Ltd (Tnuva Group), BASF SE, Davisco Foods International, Inc., DFE Pharma (JV of Royal FrieslandCampina & Fonterra Ltd.), Hilmar Ingredients, Hoogwegt Groep B.V., Kerry plc., Lactose (India) Limited, Merck KgaA, Milei Gmbh, Molkerei MEGGLE Wasserburg GmbH & Co. KG and other players.
Key players are focusing on partnership in order to gain larger market share and to capture new geographical areas to get access to new markets.
- In 2019 LBB Specialties announced that it has signed a strategic partnership deal with Meggle for the distribution of Meggle’s Pharmaceutical Lactose excipients, including lactose for inhalation formulations, in the United States.
- In 2019, MEGGLE Excipients & Technology signed an agreement with Quadra Chemicals Ltd., a leading chemical and ingredient distributor, to represent its lactose excipient portfolio for the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries in Canada.
Get Valuable Insights into Lactose Market
Future Market Insights, in its new report, presents an unbiased analysis of the global plant-based nuggets market, covering historical demand data and forecast figures for the period between 2020 and 2030. The study divulges compelling insights into growth witnessed in the market. Based on the Lactose Market on the basis of Form, has been classified into powder and granule. Based on end use, lactose market is segmented into food and beverage (bakery, confectionery and functional food), pharmaceutical, animal feed, cosmetics and personal care. In terms of derivatives Type, has been classified into Lactose Anhydrous, Lactose Monohydrate, Galactose, Lactulose, Lactitol, Other (tagatose, lactobionic acid). Regionally, the market covers North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa.
Speak To Analyst about queries @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-12375
Key Questions Answered in the Lactose Report
- Which is the most lucrative market for Lactose?
U.S. currently leads the global market for Lactose. Sales in U.S. will be over 60% of total demand throughout the forecast period in North America.
- Which Derivative type of Lactose is used widely?
Lactulose are highly sought-after in every market. The demand for lactulose is expected to remain high in the near future, especially due to its properties which makes it useful in healthcare and pharmaceutical industry widely.
- Which technology are Lactose manufacturers using?
Cloud-based technologies are being incorporated in the development of lactose. Continuous developments in cloud-based drug discovery platforms are anticipated to contribute significantly to the growth of the global market for lactose.
- Which are some of the leading companies offering Lactose Market?
Some of the leading companies offering Lactose Market are Armor Pharma, Avantor, Inc., Ba’emek Advanced Technologies Ltd (Tnuva Group), BASF SE, Davisco Foods International, Inc., DFE Pharma (JV of Royal FrieslandCampina & Fonterra Ltd.), Hilmar Ingredients, Hoogwegt Groep B.V., Kerry plc, Lactose (India) Limited, Merck KgaA, Milei GmbH, Molkerei MEGGLE Wasserburg GmbH & Co. KG and others.
- Which End-Use accounts is driving sales of Lactose Market?
Wide number of lactose application in Pharmaceutical industry has fuelled the growth of lactose industry. Lactose and its various derivatives have continued showing the innovating characteristics which can be used for treatment of various diseases and hence result in growth of lactose market and extensively used in Pharmaceutical industry.