According to a recent study by Future Market Insights (FMI), the sales of wet wipes are expected to top US$ 3.7 Bn in 2021, growing at a CAGR of over 7.6% during the forecast period (2021-2031).
Increasing health-care related issues and the rising prevalence of infectious diseases and skin-related problems have increased concerns among general population. As a result, awareness with regards to the adoption of personal care and hygiene practices is at all time high.
Regular usage of sanitizer, wet wipes, and tissues for cleanliness and maintaining proper hygiene has positively affected the wet wipes market. With various wet wipes options available in the market, catering to diverse purposes such as incontinence wet wipes- for urinary incontinence, sterile wound cleansing wet wipe- for cleaning wounds, and skin care wet wipe- for regular use; growth prospects for future remains optimistic.
Traditionally, products such as soap, face wash, cleansing milk, and others which are already available in the market have been in use for personal hygiene for generations. But factors such as easy handling, convenience while travelling, achieving cleanliness of hand and face without using water have buoyed consumer inclination in favour of wet wipes.
Companies specializing in wet wipes have been focusing on developing more innovative products such as fragrance- filled wet wipes, environment-friendly, and biodegradable wet wipes and using wood pulp and cotton to avoid harmful effect on sensitive skin.
Government as well as private companies are involved in specialized marketing campaigns to address the need for wet wipes. Furthermore, mergers, acquisitions and collaboration are undertaken by companies to increase the product portfolio as well as reach. All these factors are expected to create demand for wet wipes.
Get Report Sample @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-13751
Key takeaways from Wet wipes Market study
- By product, incontinence wipes constitute the most lucrative segment in terms of revenue. The demand for incontinence wipes is expected to increase at a CAGR of over 7% 2021-2031.
- By disposability, non-flushable wipes segment will hold a revenue share of around 75% in 2021 and is expected to follow the similar growth trend in the future.
- By application, skin care wipes segment holds the largest share and will continue to dominate this segment in the forecast period.
- In terms of end user, hospitals are leading the market and are expected to gain more than 25% of revenue share over the forecast period.
- North America will dominate the global wet wipes market in terms of revenue in 2021, followed by Europe region.
- India is dominating the South Asia wet wipes market, accounting for nearly 29% of global market share in 2021.
- China holds leading position in East Asia and is expected to account for nearly 40% of market share.
“Steered by changing consumer preference, market players are rethinking sources of materials used for wet wipes manufacturing. Their focus is shifting towards more sustainable and biodegradable options to reduce the burden of wet wipes disposal on the environment. This will present attractive opportunities for growth of the market in the near future,” said a lead FMI analyst.
Who is winning?
Some of the leading manufacturers of wet wipes are focusing on innovative product launches, specialized marketing campaigns, mergers, acquisitions and partnership strategies, thereby enhancing their market presence.
- In February 2018, Procter & Gamble Co. announced the acquisition of Snowberry, a New Zealand-based skincare company which specialized in natural ingredient products.
- In August 2020, Kimberly-Clark’s brand Pull-Ups launched a product, New Leaf™. Pull-Ups® New Leaf™ is made with plant-based ingredients like sugarcane and fluff pulp, carefully selected and crafted to provide the high level of protection.
- In February 2018, Stryker completed the acquisition of Entellus Medical, a medical technology company and strengthen Stryker’s personal care product portfolio.
The key market players covered by FMI include Essity Aktiebolag (publ), Kimberly-Clark, Procter & Gamble, Cardinal Health, Medtronic, Stryker, Coloplast, Hindustan Unilever Ltd., Medline Industries Inc., ConvaTec Inc., The Himalaya Drug Company, Domtar Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Private Limited, Hollister Incorporated and Godrej Consumer Products Limited.
Want more insights?
Future Market Insights brings the comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2031. The global wet wipes market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader. The study provides compelling insights on wet wipes segment based on Product (incontinence wipes, Skin Antiseptic wipes, Feminine Hygiene wipes, Skin Care wet wipes and Sterile Wound Cleansing wipes), Disposability (Flushable wipes and Non-Flushable wipes), Application (Incontinence, Skin Care, Personal Hygiene and Wound Care) and End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Speciality Centres, Long Term Care Centres and Homecare settings) across seven major regions.
Any Queries, Contact us @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-13751
Key Questions Answered in Report
- How much is the wet wipes market worth?
The wet wipes market is worth at US$ 3.7 Bn in the year 2021 and is expected to reach US$ 7.9 Bn by 2031 owing to the increase in the per capita expenditure in various developed and developing countries.
- What is the demand outlook of the wet wipes market?
Wet wipes are projected to register high demand in the forecast period at a CAGR of 7.6%.
- At what rate did the wet wipes market rise in the last 5 year?
Historically, the market has grown at a CAGR of 6.1% by volume from 2016 to 2020.
- What are the key trends shaping sales opportunities for wet wipes manufacturers?
Manufacturing of fragrance infused wet wipes, growing collaborations among industry leaders, preference towards flushable or biodegradable wipes, and increasing use of wood pulp and cotton for wet wipe production at lower cost are some of the trends that will fuel shape the future of the market.
- What factors are driving demand for wet wipes?
Risk of developing Incontinence-associated Dermatitis (IAD), diverse applications of wet wipes, growing cases of Catheter-associated Urinary tract infections, and increasing awareness towards personal hygiene are major driving factors.
- What is the market share of the top players in the wet wipes market?
The cumulative market share of the top 3 players including Essity Aktiebolag (publ), Kimberly-Clark, and Procter & Gamble is nearly 35% of the overall market.
- Which are the top 5 countries driving demand for wet wipes?
The U.S., Germany, UK, China and Canada are the top 5 countries which are driving the demand for .
- At what rate will the sales of wet wipes rise in Europe?
Europe wet wipes market is forecast at to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% in 2021- 2031. Germany will remain the dominant country in for wet wipes sales in Europe.