Western blotting, being the gold standard and confirmatory test for HIV diagnosis, is gaining traction around the world. As the increase in applications in diverse fields such as agriculture, diagnostics, life science research, to name a few, tends to persist, manufacturers operating in this industry are getting more inclined to bring in wider variety of products. The updated edition of Future Market Insights’ study tracks growth in over 20+ markets, covering the regulatory framework as well as strategies of leading players.
Rise in prevalence of AIDS coupled with the increase in research & development (R&D) activities in proteomics field continues to drive adoption of western blotting industry. According to the report titled “Global HIV & AIDS Statistics- 2020 Fact Sheet” published by the UNAIDS Organization, 38 million people globally were living with HIV in 2019, while 75.7 million people have become infected with HIV since the start of the epidemic (end 2019). These data represent the unlimited opportunities awaiting for suppliers and manufacturers in western blotting industry.
According to Future Market Insights (FMI), the global western blotting market is expected to expand at close to 6.0% CAGR during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
Key Takeaways from Study
- Electrophoresis blotting systems remain the preferred product type
- Surge in demand from pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors to fuel sales of western blotting products
- Growing application in scientific research to favor stakeholders in western blotting industry
- US will remain the most lucrative market for western blotting globally
- Germany to maintain the lead in the world’s second largest western blotting market Europe
- Asia-Pacific to witness the fastest growth rate, while being led by China, India, and Japan
- The United Kingdom, France, Canada, Italy, and a few other countries remain lucrative for western blotting product manufactures
“Rise in scientific research activities in proteomics, a rapidly growing field of molecular biology, is subject to cater to the steady expansion of the global western blotting market. Furthermore, increase in governmental investments in pharmaceutical & biotechnology sectors is expected to further cater to the growth of western blotting industry,” says an FMI analyst.
For Information On The Research Approach Used In The Report, Request TOC@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/toc/rep-gb-1050
Rise in Awareness Regarding Early Diagnosis of HIV Aiding Growth
Western blotting is highly efficient in separating the blood proteins and detecting the specific proteins called HIV antibodies in diagnosis of HIV or AIDS. According to a report published by the HIV Government on 25th November, 2020, about 81% of people with HIV worldwide have been tested and know their HIV status. As per the report, an estimated 1.7 million individuals worldwide acquired HIV in 2019, marking a 23% decline in new HIV infections since 2010. While these figures represent the growing awareness, it also indicates the increase in requirement for western blotting products since the past decade.
As stated in the global statistics report published by the HIV Government, AIDS-related deaths have been reduced by 60% since the peak in 2014, while in 2019, around 690,000 people died from AIDS-related illness worldwide, compared to 1.1 million in 2010. As per the report, the global commitment to stop new HIV infections and ensuring that everyone has access to HIV diagnosis & treatment is bound to yield positive results. This also implies the surge in demand for western blotting products in the coming years.
Who is Winning in this Space?
The global western blotting market offers remains fiercely competitive. In order to consolidate their position, key market players are launching wide variety of western blotting solutions.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. launched its new range of western blotting products such as Thermo Fisher Electrophoresis Buffers and Reagents, Cell Lysis Buffers, Fluorescent Detection Solutions, and others a couple of years back
- GE Healthcare launched its range of New Amersham™ WB System for Reproducible and Quantitative Protein Analysis, and other Western Blotting Solutions during 2014 to 2020
|Historical Data Available for||2016-2020|
|Market Analysis||USD Million for Value|
|Key Regions Covered||North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Middle East & Africa, and Oceania|
|Key Countries Covered||US, Canada, Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, and South Africa|
|Key Segments Covered||Product Type, Application, End User, and Region|
|Key Companies Profiled||Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.GE HealthcareHofmann-La Roche Ltd.Danaher Corporation (Lumigen, Inc.)EMD Millipore CorporationBio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.PerkinElmer Inc.LI-COR, Inc.Bio-Techne Corporation (ProteinSimple Inc.)Advansta, Inc.|
|Report Coverage||Market Forecasts, Brand Share Analysis, Competition Intelligence, DROT Analysis, Market Dynamics and Challenges, and Strategic Growth Initiatives|
|Customization & Pricing||Available upon Request|
Key Questions Answered in Report
- Which are the top companies operating in the market?
Some of the top companies providing western blotting solutions are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., GE Healthcare, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., and LI-COR, Inc.
- Which are some of the lucrative markets for western blotting?
The United States, The United Kingdom, Germany, China, India, Japan, and a few others are lucrative markets for western blotting, and are expected to dominate throughout the forecast period.
- Which is a highly sought-after product type for western blotting?
Presently, electrophoresis blotting systems are the mostly sought-after in terms of product type, and are expected to keep leading over the forecast period as well.
- Which are some key applications of western blotting?
Presently, research, diagnostic, and agricultural applications are key areas, while with advancements in the medical industry, manufacturers are subject to witness higher demand from these segments over the coming years.