Future Market Insight (FMI) estimates that packaging testing revenues will increase significantly from 2021 to 2031, with worldwide revenues up 12.3% year over year in 2021. Driven by introduction of new standards and regulations to increase sale of packaging testing equipment, the packaging testing market is forecast to reach valuation of US$ 12.60 Billion by the end of 2021.
Consumers are seeking convenient packaging options which are lab tested and stand true on the parameters of quality and quantity defined by regulation committees. Package testing is performed on packaging materials using scientific equipments to evaluate the suitability of contact material with processed and frozen foods, medicines drugs, etc.
Increasing demand for recyclable and biodegradable packaging has fueled the demand for packaging testing for different packaging materials under different conditions. Pharmaceutical drugs and food and beverage manufacturers are employing packaging testing to fulfill the complex packaging standards to build brand reputation. These factors are emerging as the key growth drivers in packaging testing market.
Request a Complete TOC of this Report with figures:
Introduction of new standards by International Organization for Standardization, ASTM International, European Committee for Standardization, TAPPI, Military Standards, and ISTA (International Safe Transit Association) are also making a positive impact on the market growth.
Increasing consumer demand for rugged product packaging along with growing demand from product manufacturers for packaging that are highly durable and keeps product safe from impurities and damage will propel the packaging testing market growth throughout 2031.
Medical products and devices are required to go variety of testing services to evaluate the strength and durability of medical device packaging and ensure compliance with defined regulations and standards. Similar consumer electronics companies are also engaging in package testing to eliminate product damage by poor packaging. Rise in number of testing procedures like water-proof testing and drop testing is expected to generate significant revenue in packaging testing market.
Key Takeaways from FMI’s Packaging testing Market Study
- North America packaging testing market is poised to grow at a prolific 10% CAGR during the forecast period. Growth uptick can be attributed to strict regulatory compliances issued by U.S. Food and Drug Administration, high demand for packaged foods and increase in consumption of medicines in U.S. and Canada.
- Driven by rise in export and production of sustainable and safe packing in U.K. and Germany, Europe packaging testing market is forecast to grow at astronomical CAGR of 11.2% through 2031.
- Japan will account for 26% of East Asia packaging testing market share, in the wake of rising geriatric population and increasing demand for pharmaceutical drugs for treating chronic diseases in the country.
- South Korea market will exhibit significant growth owing to increasing demand for sustainable packaging for ready-to-eat and drink food & beverages in the country. South Korea will hold around 14% of East Asia packaging testing market share in 2021.
- Food and beverage packaging testing registered stupendous growth due to rise in consumption of ready-to-eat packaged foods during pandemic crisis in 2020. The modern packaging offers longer shelf life for necessary food items, and thus are becoming common in households.
“Rise in cases of chronic ailments have accelerated the demand for pharmaceutical drugs across the globe. Growing need for safe and secure packaging to protect the drugs will drive the market growth in upcoming years,” says the FMI analyst.
According to FMI, market players are looking to ramp up their production capabilities as they are planning to introduce new and innovative packaging testing solutions. Strategic partnerships between market players are on the cards, to gain the upper hand in this competitive environment.
In July 2021, ProAmpac, a leading flexible packaging company started new innovation and collaboration center in Rochester, New York. The company aims to expand its physical and analytical laboratory testing services portfolio for multiple applications.
Liqui Box and WestRock, two leaders in sustainable packaging collaborated and developed a “Ships In Own Container (SIOC)” bag-in-box solution for Amazon in 2021. This new packaging system reduces waste and eliminates the leakages, costly returns and brand reputation damage.
Packaging testing Market – Report Scope
|Forecast Period||2021 – 2031|
|Historical Data Available for||2020 – 2030|
|Market Analysis||US$ Mn for Value & Units for Volume|
|Key Regions Covered||North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa|
|Key Countries Covered||U.S., Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America, EU-5, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe, China, India, Japan, GCC Countries, South Africa, Israel, Turkey, Iran, Rest of Middle East & Africa, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Thailand|
|Key Segments Covered||By Material Type, By Testing Type, By Packaging Application, and By Region|
|Key Companies Profiled||SGS SA, Intertek Group Plc, Bureau Veritas SA, Eurofins Scientific SE, ALS Limited, TUV SUD AG, Mérieux NutriSciences Corporation, Microbac Laboratories Inc., National Technical Systems Inc., EMSL Analytical Inc., Institut fur Produktqualitat GmbH, and Campden BRI.|
|Report Coverage||Market Overview, Market Background, Market Forecast, Segmental Analysis, Regional Profiling and Competition Analysis|
|Customization & Pricing||Available upon Request|
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What is the current valuation of packaging testing market?
The packaging testing market is expected to surpass a valuation of US$ 12.6 Bn by 2021 end.
- At what rate did the packaging testing market expand in the last five years?
Between 2016 and 2020, the packaging testing sales grew at 9.7% CAGR.
- What are the key trends shaping the packaging testing market?
Introduction of new standards and regulations to increase sale of packaging testing equipment is the key trends shaping the packaging testing market.
- What is the Demand Outlook for the packaging testing Market?
Straw market will continue to exhibit stupendous growth post COVID-19 pandemic owing to increasing demand for processed and packaged food among consumers. As per FMI, the market will register a CAGR of 12% between 2021 and 2031.
- What is the North America packaging testing market outlook?
Demand registered in North America will continue rising, backed by production and sales in the U.S., the North America market is anticipated to expand at 10% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Who are the leading companies in packaging testing market?
SGS SA, Bureau Veritas SA, Eurofins Scientific SE, Intertek Group PLC and, TÜV SÜD Aktiengesellschaft are the top companies operating in the market.
- What is the cumulative share of top companies in packaging testing market?
Top players account for nearly 10 to 15% of the packaging testing market in 2021.
- At what rate will packaging testing sales increase in Europe?
Packaging testing sales will increase at 11.2% CAGR in Europe, backed by rising demand in the U.K., Germany, and other countries.
- Which are the top five countries driving packaging testing market demand?
Leading countries driving demand in the packaging testing market are U.S., Japan, China, Germany, and U.K.
- What are the key statistics for packaging testing market in Japan and South Korea?
Currently in 2021, Japan and South Korea holds around 26% and 14% share respectively in the East Asia packaging testing market.
More Insights into Global Packaging Testing Market
In its latest report, FMI offers an unbiased analysis of the global packaging testing market, providing historical data for the period of 2020-2030 and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of material type (plastic, metal, paper and paperboard, glass, wood and others), testing type (physical, chemical, and microbiological), packaging application (food and beverages, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, chemical and fertilizers, personal care and cosmetics, electrical and electronics, automotive, and industrial), across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East and Africa).