The demand for powdered yogurt in food processing sector for dairy nutrition is gradually increasing. This can be associated with plentiful health benefits related to the consumption of yogurt based products. Future Market Insights (FMI) has predicted in a new study that the yoghurt powder market will reach US$ 211.6 Mn by the end of 2021. The increasing inclination among consumers towards probiotics, specifically among people facing digestive issues, is estimated to bode well for the yogurt powder market.
Nowadays, consumers prefer buying clean label products. Also, yogurt has proven benefits for skin. This has increased the demand for yogurt, but real yogurt is difficult to use. Hence it is being replaced with dehydrated yogurt or yogurt powder as the nutritional composition is the same but yogurt powder is easier to handle and has a longer shelf life. This demand for yogurt powder is expected to increase in the coming years at a CAGR of 7.5%.
The use of cosmetics, toiletries, and personal care products has always been on the rise. However, the use of organic and/or natural ingredients such as yogurt powder for the preparation of these cosmetics and personal care products has increased in the recent years. This is due to the increasing concern of consumers about the products and the awareness of various labels. Yogurt powder has several beneficial properties such as skin moisturizing and anti-aging properties. It also has anti-fungal properties and is included in hair treatments. These factors have been supporting demand from cosmetics & personal care industries
However, application in food industry will remain the highest through the course of the forecast period. In fact, the food sector is expected to continue accounting for the lion’s share of the market. The increasing use of yogurt powder in dips & dressings, bakery, nutrition & snack bars, frozen novelties, and other food products will keep the demand from the food and beverages industry high through the forecast period.
Request a Complete TOC of this Report with figures:
Key Takeaways from the Report
- Yogurt powder market will exhibit 6.7% Y-o-Y growth in 2021, thanks to increasing demand from food, beverages, and cosmetics & personal care sectors
- The demand from the U.S. will remain significantly high. The U.S. is expected to hold over 79% of the market in North America
- The U.K. will emerge as a key market in Europe, exhibiting 8% Y-o-Y growth in 2021
- Besides the U.K., Germany and France have emerged as lucrative markets for yogurt powder in Europe
- In East Asia, demand from Japan and South Korea will account for significant sales of yogurt powder
New and innovative products are high in demand in the market. The consumption of yogurt has increased in the past few years. In Europe and North America, the yogurt consumption was already high, recently the demand is picking up in Asia and the Middle East countries. For instance, the different types of yogurt such as Greek Yogurt is increasing.
Some of the key product launches witnessed over the last few years were:
- In 2014, Glanbia Nutritionals released OptiSol 1061 greek yogurt powder in Americas. OptiSol 1061 is a patent-pending element that enhances the authentic flavor, different, and health halo of Greek yogurt to an extensive range of food and beverage applications, according to Glanbia, adding the powerful health advantage of 60% protein generates new application opportunities for Greek yogurt and protein inclusions.
- Glanbia Nutritionals and Epi Ingredients have introduced new yogurt powder options that have high protein content of 60% with the considerably a lesser amount of fat content. The products have been getting a sturdy consumer base inside the food processing and foodservice sectors. Significant uses of high-protein yogurt powder lies in cereals, dry mixes, and nutritional bars and in energy drinks. Nutrition/protein bars and Sports drinks have been mentioned as relatively extra lucrative categories for the producers of yogurt powder.
Yogurt Powder Market Who is winning?
Some of the key players operating in the yogurt powder market are, Kerry, glania nutritionals, Epi Ingredients, EnkaSut, Prolactal GmbH, Bempresa Ltd, Easiyo Products, CP Ingredients, Schwarzwaldmilch GmbH, Ballantyne Foods, Armor Proteins, Almil AG, Bluegrass Dairy & Food, Ornua Co-operative Limited, and other players. The market players are focusing on new launches, enhancing supply chain technology, acquisitions and labeling to gain competitive advantage. For instance:
- In 2019, Kerry group has invested in enhanced supply chain technology solutions to support its international business in an increasingly complex trading environment.
- In November 2020, the Kerry group announced the acquisition of Bio-K Plus International Inc., a probiotic company.
- In 2019, Epi Ingredients launching a new crispy indigrient which will be unique in the world of ingredients and will be known as socrispies which will come in two varieties: a nutrition-oriented formulation containing 100% dairy proteins and, an indulgence-focused formulation featuring the company’s flagship yogurt powder.
- In August 2020, the company’s subsidiary Glanbia Nutritional shas acquired Food arom, custom flavor designer and manufacturer in Canada.
Yogurt powder Market by Category
- Skimmed Yogurt Powder
- Semi-Skimmed Yogurt Powder
- Whole Yogurt Powder
- Others (Passion Fruit, Blends)
- Food Industry
- Dips and Dressings
- Nutrition and Snack Bar
- Frozen Novelties
- Dry Mixes
- Others (Meat Products, Cereals)
- Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Food and Beverage Processors
- Cosmetic Manufacturers
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
- Store-Based Retail
- Modern Grocery Retailers
- Convenience Stores
- Food & Drink Specialty Stores
- Independent Small Groceries
- Online Retail
Get Valuable Insights into Yogurt powder Market
Future Market Insights, in its new report, presents an unbiased analysis of the global plant-based nuggets market, covering historical demand data and forecast figures for the period between 2020 and 2030. The study divulges compelling insights into growth witnessed in the market. Based on end use, yogurt powder market is segmented into Household, HoReCa, and Industrial. In terms of product Type, has been classified into Skimmed Yogurt Powder, Semi-Skimmed Yogurt Powder, and Whole Yogurt Powder. Regionally, the market covers North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa.