Projected to rise at a CAGR of ~7.1 between 2019 and 2027, Future Market Insights foresees stable growth for the disposable masks market. Currently, consumers are increasingly purchasing personal protective equipment such as disposable face masks to protect against viruses and other infectious diseases. The disposable masks market witnesses accelerated demand following the global outbreak of Coronavirus, which originated in China in December 2019. On account of the rising cases of coronavirus and other infections across the globe, companies are significantly focusing on increasing their production capacity and expanding their product availability to minimize the risk of infection among the population.
Moreover, there is an increasing demand for specialized masks known as N95 respirator masks among doctors, nurses, medical workers, and others who are treating patients identified with positive symptoms of coronavirus, as these masks protect against the virus. This is one of the primary factors increasing the demand for disposable marks across the globe.
“Companies in the global disposable masks market are introducing novel products with advanced features such as high filtration, lightweight, and foldable, to protect from pollutants, dust, and infections. Moreover, companies are increasing their mass production of respirator disposable masks as demand surges from coronavirus outbreaks worldwide” says an FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways from the Disposable Masks Market Study
- According to the report, prominent players and small scale manufacturers have significantly increased their production capacity to ensure the continuous supplies of disposable masks across the globe due to the rise in demand for such products.
- The companies and governments worldwide are considerably boosting product supply, easing export restrictions, and putting measures in places to reduce the infectious spread.
- East Asia is expected to retain its dominance in the global disposable masks market, due to increasing government initiatives to increase product availability at hospitals and other healthcare centers along with the rise in consumer awareness to protect from infectious, and other chronic diseases in the region.
- Among product type, dust disposable marks segment is anticipated to show a relatively higher CAGR in the global disposable masks market in the near future, as it prevents from inhaling smoke, dust, mist, vapours and harmful gases.
An increase in adoption for surgical disposable masks among the general population and a rise in the prevalence of infectious diseases among the elderly population are the factors anticipated to propel the demand for disposable masks in the foreseeable future. The rise in demand for disposable marks during mining, construction, chemical, food processing, and other industrial applications, along with growing hospital-acquired infections cases caused by viral, bacterial, and other fungal pathogens are some factors expected to further drive demand for disposable marks across the globe. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) statistics, in American hospitals, around 1.7 million infections and 99,000 deaths, every year are associated with hospital-acquired infections (HAIs).
Who is winning?
Some of the key players operating in the disposable masks market are Kimberly-Clark Corporation, 3M Company, Besco Medical Limited, Honeywell International Inc., Valmy SAS, Ansell, Moldex Corporation, Uvex Group, Kowa Company. Ltd., SAS Safety Corporation, Kwalitex Healthcare Pvt Ltd., Eagle Health Holdings Limited, Medicom Group, and others. Several prominent market players are significantly introducing new products in the market to expand their product portfolio, market footprint, and enter into the new business segment. Besides this, companies are significantly expanding their production capacity to meet growing demand in hospitals, long term healthcare centers, mining, food industry, and other applications. Companies are also significantly investing in inorganic growth through mergers and acquisitions allows them to gain a competitive advantage.
For Information On The Research Approach Used In The Report, Ask Analyst @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-11135
- In March 2020, Eagle Health Holdings Limited has expanded its production capacity of disposable medical masks at a pharmaceutical facility in China. The company has expected to produce around 300 million units annually.
- In January 2020, The 3M Company has increased its production capacity of N95 respirator masks at its facilities worldwide due to coronavirus outbreaks. The company has expanded its assembly line with robots and employees at manufacturing facilities are working overtime to meet global demand.
Get Valuable Insights into Disposable Masks Market
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the global Disposable Masks market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period from 2019-2027. The study divulges compelling insights on the disposable masks market based on the product type (surgical, respirator, and dust), application (industrial, hospital, and personal), closure (earloop closure, headband closure, tie closure), and sales channel (direct/B2B and indirect/ B2C) across six major regions.