Increasing number of post-operative eye infections, emergence of new pathogens and poor eye hygiene practices are increasing the prevalence of eye infections worldwide. With the incidence unlikely to reduce anytime soon, Future Market Insights (FMI) in a study has reported the demand for ophthalmic eye drops to rise at above 5% CAGR between 2021 and 2031.
The National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey indicated that Americans made more than 4 million visits to ambulatory physicians for bacterial conjunctivitis in 2005. Approximately 70% of patients with acute conjunctivitis present to primary and urgent care providers, which accounts for 1% of all primary care office visits. Adenoviruses account for 65 to 90% of cases of viral conjunctivitis.
The soaring cases of eye infections have been driving ophthalmic eye drops sales. While the report presents positive outlook for growth, ongoing restrictions amid COVID-19 outbreak might hamper sales.
COVID-19 pandemic is expected to negatively impact the ophthalmic eye drops market. Significant reduction in physician office visits and subsequent decline in the number of prescriptions and OTC eye drop purchases are expected to hamper the market growth during the COVID-19 pandemic. Speedy vaccination programs against COVID are expected to enable market recovery in the coming 1-2 years.
New eye drop product launches, branded as well as generic, are expected to be hampered in the short term due to disruptions in the supply chain, delayed pipeline research and development and shift in the priority of leading healthcare companies to COVID-19 vaccine and treatment developments.
According to the report, institutional sales of ophthalmic eye drops will rise considerably in the coming years. It will account for over half of ophthalmic eye drops sold through the forecast period.
Get Report Sample @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-13140
Key Takeaways from Ophthalmic Eye Drops Market Study
- Ophthalmic eye drops market will expand consistently to surpass a valuation of US$ 15 Bn by 2021
- The U.S. holds over 92.1% share of the North American market, but Canada is projected to expand faster at around 4.0% CAGR
- Rising cases of eye infection will drive sales in the U.K., enabling it register 3.9% y-o-y growth in 2021
- Rising willingness to spend on advanced eye care will drive sales in Germany and France
- Expansion of the healthcare sector will emerge as chief growth driver in China and Japan. Both countries will exhibit high demand for dilation drops
“Increasing prevalence of eye infections, technological advancements, and high risk of infections from increasing use of contact lens are expected to boost the growth of the ophthalmic eye drops market.” says the FMI Analyst
Due to their increasingly active lifestyle and desire for better aesthetics, many people are shifting to contact lenses. However, many ocular infections are associated with the use of contact lenses. Each year in the United States, approximately 1 million eye infections occur related primarily to keratitis, a fungal infection of the cornea, and contact lens infections account for estimated direct costs of $175 million. In addition, 40.9 million U.S. adults wear contact lenses, and 99% of 4,269 contact-lens wearers were reported at least one contact lens – related hygiene behavior associated with an increased risk for eye infection or inflammation. Nearly a million eye infections requiring a trip to the doctor happen each year, many of them related to contact lens use.
Who is Winning?
The top players are focusing on increasing acquisitions at the regional level. Acquisitions empower the company with products and increase the company’s portfolio. The company acquires other players to possess well-established products and solutions that are expected to become a good revenue source for the acquirer. Acquisitions also enable the company to enter new emerging markets as well as enhance their presence in existing markets. Furthermore, key market players such as Novartis and Gerresheimer AG are focusing on the expansion of their market reach in different regions. For example-
- In November 2020, Gerresheimer Regensburg announced that it is expanding its production area in Germany. The company has planned the expansion of its production capacity in small batch production, as a result of increasing development projects for pharmaceutical and medical technology products.
- In November 2019, Sandoz announced that it has entered into a binding agreement for the planned acquisition of the Japanese business of Aspen Global Incorporated (AGI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited, strengthening its position in the world’s third largest generics market.
Any Queries, Contact us @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-13140
Some of the key market players covered by FMI include
- Novartis AG
- Bausch & Lomb
- Akorn, Inc.
- AdvaCare Pharma
- C2 PHARMA
- Kraeber GmbH
- Iskon Remedies
- HANSHIN GROUP
- Berry Global Inc.
- Nolato AB
- Bormioli Pharma
- WG Pro-Manufacturing Inc.
- Gerresheimer AG
- Adelphi Healthcare Packaging,
- Aptar Group Inc.
- Amcor Plc.
Reqeust For Report TOC @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/ophthalmic-eye-drops-market/table-of-content
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- Which is the most lucrative market for ophthalmic eye drops?
The U.S. currently leads the global market for ophthalmic eye drops. Sales in the U.S. will be around 29% of total global demand throughout the forecast period.
- Which are the top-selling ophthalmic eye drops?
Dilation eye drops are dominating the drug class segment in the ophthalmic eye drops market as compared to other products owing to their high demand.
- Which are some of the leading companies offering ophthalmic eye drops?
Some of the leading companies offering ophthalmic eye drops are Novartis AG, Bausch & Lomb, Akorn, Inc., Biomedica, AdvaCare Pharma, C2 PHARMA, Kraeber GmbH, Iskon Remedies, HANSHIN GROUP, Berry Global Inc., Nolato AB, Bormioli Pharma, WG Pro-Manufacturing Inc., Gerresheimer AG, Adelphi Healthcare Packaging, Aptar Group Inc., Acor Plc., and others.
- Which distribution channel is driving revenue of ophthalmic eye drops?
Institutional sales is leading the distribution channel segment of the ophthalmic eye drops demand.
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU), Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
MARKET ACCESS DMCC Initiative
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Media Enquiries: email@example.com