According to a recent study by Future Market Insights (FMI), the active humidifier devices market is expected to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period. The market is slated to grow from US$ 1.23 Bn in 2020 to over US$ 1.0 Bn by 2031. This reflects a cumulative CAGR of around -2.2% over the forecast period (2021-2031).
The current market scenario depicts a competitive landscape and is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period. Growing respiratory disorders across the globe due to the outbreak of COVID -19 virus, created a sharp rise in demand for ventilators across the globe.
As humidifiers are used to provide humidified air to patients who require respiratory assistance, the demand for these devices increased during the pandemic, especially across India, China, and the U.S. Also, the outbreak of infectious diseases affecting respiratory systems, acceptance of high flow nasal cannula for oxygen therapy is anticipated to drive the sales of active humidifier devices.
Growing geriatric population with respiratory disorders has improved the adoption of non-invasive ventilators. However, due to increasing severe cases of COVID-19 across the globe, need for invasive heated/electronic humidifier devices have surged the sales worldwide.
As per Future Market Insights, invasive ventilation segment is accounted for over 46.8% during 2021 and is expected to witness steady growth during the forecast period. With high prevalence of air borne diseases and respiratory diseases, demand for heated/electronic active humidifier devices is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period.
The heated/electronic active humidifier devices will hold over 56.5% of global market share through 2031, estimated by Future Market Insights. In past, the development and launch of technologically advanced new solutions to meet patients’ expanding respiratory needs is expected to bolster active humidifier devices market growth.
Request The Sample Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-13929
Key Takeaways from Active Humidifier Devices Market Study
- By product, heated/electronic humidifier devices accounted for the largest share of 56% in 2021 and are expected to continue to grow during the forecast period.
- By age group, adult segment is expected to account for the largest share of 88% in 2021 of global active humidifier devices.
- In terms of application, invasive ventilation is expected to account for the largest share of 47% during in 2021.
- By end user, hospitals accounted for the largest share of 65% in 2021 and are expected to grow at the steady pace during the forecast period.
- North America held the largest share of 28.7% in 2021 of the global active humidifier devices market. Emergence of new infectious diseases affecting respiratory systems, presence of leading manufacturers, and growing market consolidation activities has fueled the growth of the active humidifier devices market in North America.
“Surging demand amid COVID-19 outbreak and acceptance of high flow nasal cannula therapy will drive the humidifier devices market over the next ten years,” says the FMI Analyst
Who is winning?
Some of the leading manufacturers of active humidifier devices market are focusing on product launches and expansion strategies such as collaboration and mergers with other key players to expand their customer base, thereby, improving their market presence.
- In July 2021, Breas Medical and Dräger entered into an agreement, together, wherein, they will provide extended support for providing ventilation solutions into the U.S. long-term care facilities.
- In July 2021, Koninklijke Philips N.V. announced the acquisition of Capsule Technologies, Inc. to expand its leadership in patient care management.
- In April 2020, Vapotherm expanded its production capacity for high-flow nasal cannula systems, in response to the growing demand for high-flow nasal cannula systems, which are used for treating COVID -19 respiratory distress.
- In May 2020, Inspired Medical’s Inspired O2FLO high flow respiratory humidifier has received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by U.S. FDA. This device will be available for emergency use in healthcare settings to treat patients with hypoxemia and other-acute respiratory symptoms. Additionally, O2FLO also meets homecare safety requirements which makes them safe for home use and also is IEC60601-11 compliant.
The key market players profiled by FMI include Teleflex Incorporated, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Fisher & Paykel, ResMed, Vapotherm Inc., Vincent Medical Ltd (Inspired Medical), Sumed (Salter Labs), WLAMed GmbH, Penlon Ltd., DEAS S.R.L., Beijing Aeonmed Co., Ltd., Flexicare (Group) Limited, GalMed Corporation, and Vadi Medical Technologies.
Speak To Analyst about queries @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-13929
Key Questions Answered in Report
- How much is the active humidifier devices market currently worth?
The global active humidifier devices market is estimated to be worth US$ 1.2 Bn in 2020 and is expected to decline over the next ten years owing to the decline in demand active humidifier devices post COVID-19 pandemic.
- What will be demand outlook/sales forecast of active humidifier devices market?
The market is expected to reach US$ 1.17 Bn by the end of 2031, registering growth at a CAGR of -2.2% over the forecast period.
- What was last 4 years’ market CAGR?
From 2017-2020, the active humidifier devices market expanded at the rate of 23% owing to the sustainable demand for respiratory assistance, emergence of infectious diseases affecting respiratory systems, and acceptance of high flow oxygen therapy.
- What are the key trends in active humidifier devices market?
Expansion of leading manufacturers, new product launches and approvals, and improved healthcare infrastructure for active humidifier devices are the key trends driving the growth of active humidifier devices market.
- Which are the top 5 countries driving demand for active humidifier devices?
South Korea, Japan, India, China and U.S. are the top 5 countries that are driving the demand for active humidifier devices market.
- What is the North America market outlook?
North America is one of the key market for active humidifier devices. According to FMI, the U.S. is expected to account over 90% of the North America’s active humidifier devices market through 2031.
- At what rate are the sales of active humidifier devices products rising in Europe?
Europe holds around a 12.2% revenue share in the overall active humidifier devices products market in 2021.
- Which companies are key manufacturers of active humidifier devices market?
Teleflex Incorporated, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Fisher & Paykel, ResMed, Vapotherm Inc., Vincent Medical Ltd (Inspired Medical), Sumed (Salter Labs), WLAMed GmbH, Penlon Ltd., DEAS S.R.L., Beijing Aeonmed Co., Ltd., Flexicare (Group) Limited, GalMed Corporation, and Vadi Medical Technologies are the key manufacturers of active humidifier devices.
- At what rate are active humidifier devices products going to register growth in East Asia?
The East Asia market is set to exhibit growth at a CAGR of 2.1% during the forecast period on the back of rapidly increasing burden of respiratory disorders, improved healthcare infrastructure, technological advancement, and expansion of the international market players.