Iso-octene is a stable, colourless and organic chemical compound. It is widely used as a raw material in various industries for the synthesis of fine chemicals such as octyldiphenylamine, octylphenol, isodecyl alcohol and octylamine, among others.
During the dimerization of isobutylene, some of the molecules of n-butylene react with iso-butylene, which leads to the production of dimer compounds. Among these dimer compounds, those that have a di-isobutylene structure are called iso-octene. It has a higher octane number that is nearly equal to MTBE, a gasoline additive. However, the olefinic nature of this chemical compound is a major concern as it leads to hydrogenation, which results in the creation of iso-octane. Moreover, along with iso-octene, the dimerization of isobutylene results in the production of tetradecene, trimeric dodecene or pentapoly.
The iso-octane produced through the hydrogenation of iso-octene can be used as a fuel additive and chemical intermediate. The advantages of iso-octene and iso-octane include no sulphur, no olefin, no aroma and low vapour pressure, among others, owing to which these compounds are used as alternatives of MTBE.
Industrially, iso-octene has gained significant traction after the imposition of a ban on the usage of MTBE as a gasoline additive as it has several detrimental effects on the environment. At present, in the U.S., nearly 15% of the additives are blended with gasoline fuel, and this trend is expected to increase in the upcoming years. The growing preference for gasoline fuel that exhibits complete combustion characteristics, coupled with low emissions of pollutants, is among the major factors that are expected to fuel the growth of additives such as octane improvers, cleaning additives and antifoaming agents, among others. In addition, the demand for fuel additives, such as iso-octene, is expected to increase over the forecast period to maintain the octane rating of gasoline fuel.
Moreover, the growing environment concerns and stringent government regulations in Europe and North America are among the major factors that are driving the global renewable iso-octene market. In addition, the requirement of low investment to transform an MTBE production line into an iso-octene line is expected to encourage the manufacturers of MTBE to enter into the iso-octene business.
To Get a Sample Copy of the Report visit @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-8268
Iso-Octene Market: Regional Outlook
In North America and Europe, strict regulatory guidelines pertaining to the usage of gasoline are expected to be among the major factors driving the demand for iso-octene in these regions. The governments of various countries in Europe have planned to use around 10% of biofuels in the transportation sector, which is expected to boost the demand for fuel additives, such as iso-octene, over the forecast period.
Moreover, several countries, such Brazil, Malaysia and China, among others, are focusing on increasing the gasoline blending percentage, which is expected help to drive the demand for iso-octene in the near future. Significant growth in the transportation and chemical sectors in the Asia Pacific region, especially in China and India, is also expected to fuel the demand for iso-octene over the forecast period. Furthermore, the APAC region is expected to exhibit healthy growth over the forecast period owing to recent government regulations regarding the blending of gasoline in emerging economies such as India, China, etc. Moreover, the Latin America iso-octene market is projected to register a healthy CAGR over the forecast period.
- Request Complete TOC Of this Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/toc/rep-gb-8268
Iso-Octene Market: Key Players
In the recent past, there has been an increase in the number of consolidations in the iso-octene manufacture industry. This can be mainly attributed to the efforts undertaken market players to boost the demand for and gain access to high-potential markets such as Asia Pacific as well as to enhance their presence in regions such as Europe and North America.
- In September 2017, Gevo, Inc. started selling renewable iso-octene to BCD Chemie, the Europe-based subsidiary of Brenntag, to enhance its sales as well as presence in the Europe market.
Some of the key players identified across the value chain of the global market are listed below:
- Gevo, Inc.
- VALERO ENERGY CORP
- Gelest Inc.
- Vitol Inc.
- TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- JiangYin WuYang Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Terppon Chemical Co., Ltd.
- BOC Sciences
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Iso-Octene market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. Iso-Octene also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The Iso-Octene report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The Iso-Octene report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments of Iso-Octene
- Market Dynamics of Iso-Octene
- Market Size of Iso-Octene
- Supply & Demand of Iso-Octene
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges of Iso-Octene
- Competition & Companies involved of Iso-Octene
- Technology of Iso-Octene
- Value Chain of Iso-Octene
Iso-Octene Market Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The Iso-Octene report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with rotary dryer market attractiveness as per segments. The Iso-Octene report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Based on the functions, the global iso-octene market is segmented into:
- Chemical Intermediates
On the basis of end use, the global iso-octene market is segmented into:
- Oil & Gas
Iso-Octene Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of Iso-Octene parent market
- Changing Iso-Octene market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Iso-Octene market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Iso-Octene market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments pertaining to Iso-Octene market
- Competitive landscape of Iso-Octene market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising Iso-Octene growth
- A neutral perspective on Iso-Octene market performance
- Must-have information for Iso-Octene market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint