The global maltodextrin market is projected to remain steady, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.7% between 2019 and 2029. The demand for cosmetics and personal care products is rising around the world. In the last few years, research and development initiatives in the cosmetic industry have resulted in the launch of new and innovative products. Maltodextrin plays an important role as an additive in many of these new launches. This indicates the rising use of maltodextrin over the years in the cosmetic and personal care industry.
The maltodextrin market has been recording a moderate growth rate and is likely to upkeep its pace during the forecast period. Among the other market trends that our analysts have found, an increasing number of applications of maltodextrin is anticipated to drive the growth. Besides the use of maltodextrin in food and beverages for improving the texture, it has been finding its use in baby food as well.
Since there is a growth in dual working households, it is expected that demand for nutrition-rich infant food and meals is going to proportionately increase during the forecast period. In addition, maltodextrin has also been used for sports nutrition. As maltodextrin is a fast-digesting carbohydrate, it is finding its use in sports drinks and snacks for sportsperson.
Other than sports, cosmetic, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals are some other end-use areas, creating a demand for maltodextrin. Several studies have found that maltodextrin can be used as a regular panacea for the treatment of hypoglycemia. In such a condition, maltodextrin has a property to quickly raise the blood sugar level.
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-544
Key Takeaways from the Maltodextrin Market Study
- Among various application segments, the usage of maltodextrin in the food and beverage industry is most common. Owing to the increasing health awareness and growing preference for processed food/diet with low fat, sugar, salt and high protein content, the demand for maltodextrin has remained stable in the food & beverages industry.
- Technological advancements in the production of maltodextrin encapsulated products, properties such as high-temperature tolerance, low moisture, high solubility, and bland flavor make maltodextrin a preferred wall material for encapsulation of various fats, oils and food acids.
- Since there is a high production of maltodextrin from corn starch, leading manufacturers are now focusing on improving their efforts to find other sources of maltodextrin in order to make sure the product is readily available to its target customers in the required quantity.
- Manufacturers are adopting innovative technologies in the product offering to meet consumers’ demands. Manufacturers with their brand names are introducing a variety of maltodextrin that can be utilized across diverse industries for various purposes. Tate & Lyle provides MALTOSWEET ® which is a combination of maltodextrins and Dried Glucose Syrups that is used in various food products.
- The use of the internet, blogs and social media to access available information about various chemicals and ingredients is increasing. It is a consumer-driven trend since they are getting increasingly worried about the effects of ingredients present in food and cosmetic products. This is changing a consumer’s buying pattern and behaviour. Which positively affect the growing demand of natural ingredients in the food and beverage industry.
The increasing demand for GMO-free starches in baby food and infant formula due to consumers’ inclination towards organic and natural food for their kids is creating growth opportunities for the market. Major players in the U.S. baby and infant formula market such Abbott, Nestlé, and Mead Johnson Nutrition were repeatedly petitioned to remove GMO ingredients from their respective baby food products. This showcases the growing demand of maltodextrin in baby food product as it is considered to be a good source of energy for baby. It also helps in balance intestinal osmolarity which may get altered by intestinal disorders in infants. Therefore this factor is anticipated to drive the maltodextrin market over the forecast period.
“Over the past few years an increasing number of consumers are steadily looking for food with healthier, trustworthy, and plant-based ingredients. This has made manufacturers shift towards the natural ingredients to cater to the growing demand. Impelled by the scenario, key players are focusing on research and development to find another natural source for maltodextrin.” says an FMI analyst.
Who is winning?
Some of the key players operating in the maltodextrin market ADM, Kraft, Luzhou, Matsutani, Mengzhou Jinyumi, Nowamyl, Ingredion Incorporated, Qinhuangdao Lihuang, Roquette Freres SA, Tate & Lyle Plc, Tereos Syral, Archer Daniels Midland Company, WGC, Xiwang, Zhuchen Runsheng, Zhucheng Dongxiao, Zhucheng Dongxiao Biotechnology Co., Ltd., Zhucheng Xingmao, Grain Processing Corporation, Gulshan Polyols Ltd., and Henan Feitian.
Several leading market players are acquiring smaller businesses to expand their footprint and product portfolio. Besides this, acquisition often allows them to gain a competitive advantage.
- On December 12, 2018- A global leader in plant-based ingredients for food, health and nutrition markets, Roquette has completed its acquisition of a majority share in Crest Cellulose, from Pravesha Industries, which is one of the major pharma packaging company in India.
- On November 2, 2015- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) announced that it has completed the purchase of certain assets of Eaststarch C.V. Now ADM is the owner of Eaststarch’s corn wet mills in Bulgaria and Turkey and owns 50% share in a wet mill in Hungary.
Get Valuable Insights into Maltodextrin Market
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the global maltodextrin market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period from 2019-2029. The study divulges compelling insights on the maltodextrin market based on the nature (organic and conventional maltodextrin), based on source (Corn, wheat, potato, cassava, and rice) based on form (Spray-Dried Powder and “Instantized”/Agglomerated) and based on application (food & beverages, cosmetics & personal care, pharmaceuticals, and chemical) across seven major regions.
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.