Against the backdrop of expanding food and pharmaceutical industries, the demand for citrus pectin is rapidly increasing. The globally rising prevalence of diabetes, obesity and cardiac issues has increased consumers’ focus on healthy, natural and fruit-based products, which in turn, is fuelling the demand in the citrus pectin market. The market is anticipated to rise at a CAGR of ~4.6% between 2019 and 2029, Future Market Insights foresees stable growth for the market.
Get Sample of the Report : https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-11039
Key Takeaways from the Citrus Pectin Market Study
- Advent of newer technologies and increased attention to clean label product development will enable growth in citrus pectin market. In addition, leading manufacturers are now focusing on strengthening their distribution and supply base in order to ensure that products are easily available to their target customers. This is expected to bode well for the market in the coming years.
- Among product type segments, the High Methoxyl Pectin is currently leading the market. The segment is witnessing high demand in food and pharmaceutical industry since high methoxyl pectin acts as an emulsifier and has texturizing and stabilizing properties.
- The key players are operating in this citrus pectin market are focusing to expand their presence globally through acquisition and collaboration with domestic and regional players.
- Key players are also focusing on expanding their global footprint by launching new products related to citrus pectin. In addition, Tier -1 players are investing in research and development activities and continuously monitoring their product offering in order to offer an excellent quality of product.
“Citrus Pectin market is gaining strength from increasing applications in diverse industries such as food and pharmaceutical industries. Increasing usage of hydrocolloids in food and beverages industry is fuelling the demand for citrus pectin. Moreover, developing clean label citrus pectin products is a major focus of market players. This is expected to create growth opportunities for the market in the near future” says an FMI analyst.
Owing to their natural pectin content, citrus pectin enables formation of gels in high-brix, high-acid applications such as preparations for spreads, bakery and yogurt. Using citrus pectin as an alternative to pure pectin is cost-effective and offers a cleaner label. Different grind sizes of citrus pectin are available in the market which helps the formulator in selecting a pulpy or fine texture based on the target application requirements. In addition, citrus pectin enable syneresis control in cultured dairy products.
Along with the provision of increased yields, citrus pectin enables manufacturers to make the most of fat and water in the gel system. Hydration and dispersion are key to citrus pectin’s functionality. For most of the applications, citrus pectin is dispersed with dry ingredients, followed by adding liquids later. Manufacturers are observing such functionalities as opportunities for extending their product lines.
During process of meat extension, the imperative need of retaining added water while maintaining its edibility and texture has fuelled the demand for citrus pectin. The structural perviousness of which aids in texturizing and binding water in meat processing systems. Moreover, citrus pectin is also capable for improving the quality of mechanically deboned meat (MDM). The manufactures operating in citrus pectin market are also focusing to invest in diversification of portfolio of citrus pectin, in order to meet multiple end uses like pet food.
Ask For Regional Data : https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-regional/rep-gb-11039
Who is Winning
Some of the market players profiled in the report are Fiberstar, Ceamsa, Herbafood, Florida Food Products, Cargill Inc., Quadra Chemicals, Naturex, Compañía Española de Algas Marinas S.A. (CEAMSA), Herbstreith & Fox, Yantai Andre Pectin Co. Ltd., Lucid Colloids Ltd., DuPont, Silvateam S.p.A., and CP Kelco.Several leading market players are acquiring smaller businesses to expand their footprint and product portfolio. Besides this, acquisition often allows them to gain competitive advantage.
- In 2018, Fiberstar launched new product Citri-Fi 150 to cater to pet food and strengthen its product portfolio.
- In 2018, Cargill Inc. invested US$ 150 million for construction of an HM pectin production in South America.
- In 2019, CP Kelco has increased its regional penetration through collaboration with Azelis. Also, the company doing capacity expansion in Wulian China to support its growth in Asia Pacifica region.