According to Future Market Insights (FMI), the demand for COVID-19 testing is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 4,507.8 Mn in the Americas by the end of 2021. The pandemic is spreading on a global scale at a very high pace. It can cause various health concerns including cardiovascular diseases, kidney failure, and more.
Get | Download Sample Copy with Graphs & List of Figures:
To overcome the problems related to COVID-19, it is important to diagnose the ailment at an early stage of infection. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 180 million positive cases of COVID-19 were diagnosed till June 2021. The rate of positive cases can be controlled with early diagnosis and treatment.
SARS-CoV-2 antigen rapid test kits are the most common type of test that accounted for value USD 2,903.0 Mn in 2020. It is widely accepted due to convenience, ease and rapid nature in the diagnosis process.
The demand for point of care testing is increasing due to advantages such as lower time requirements, at home services, and cost effectiveness. These factors are going to bolster the demand for point of care testing during the forecast period. For instance, on 28 July 2020, Roche announced the launch of the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test in collaboration with SD Biosensor Inc.
With the launch of vaccines and development of mass vaccination programs by governments, the number of COVID-19 cases is expected to drop by the end of 2021, however, it is expected that testing will continue even as lockdown in many countries will be lifted. Key players are focused on strengthening their mergers and acquisitions with new discoveries of technologies.
For More Information or Query or Customization Before Buying, Visit:
Key Takeaways from COVID-19 Testing Services Market Study
- SARS-CoV-2 antigen rapid test kits are expected to account for over 67% the Americas COVID-19 testing market share by 2031, owing to higher efficacy in diagnostics.
- Hospital pharmacies accounted for more than 32% of the market share in 2021. The soaring influx of patients for treatment and intensive care support has driven growth.
- Canada will reflect relatively steady growth with a 4.8% CAGR, driven by the matured, government funded healthcare system.
- The U.S. will reflect fast growth at a CAGR around 5.7% through 2021-2031. U.S. holds the lead owing to, high healthcare expenditure, and the presence of leading players.
- Brazil is the leading country in Latin America, estimated to account for about 54% of the regional share in 2021, supported by easier access to required technologies.
“The shift in focus from testing to vaccination is expected to hamper market growth in the near future. However, the focus on testing for international travel, frequent testing of medical staff and testing for patients with flu like symptoms are expected to continue aiding market growth,” says the Future Market Insight analyst.
Ask Us Your Questions About This Report:
Who is Winning?
The market is set to expand due to frequent mutations in the virus that may lead to further outbreaks. Leading organizations within the market are set to focus on research and development to offer an early and precise diagnosis of the COVID-19, besides offering effective patient care.
Some of the leading players in the Americas COVID-19 testing market include but are not limited to Sky Medical Supplies & Equipment LLC., Sugentech, Inc., Novacyt Group, Aurora Instruments Ltd., PRIMA Lab SA, SD Biosensor, INC., Gold Standard Diagnostics, Eurofins Technologies, Biomerieux SA, and Danaher.