Providing a detailed assessment of the potential opportunities in atrial fibrillation treatment, Future Market Insights’ recent analysis of the global demand for appendage management showcases a promising future for mechanical appendage closure devices. FMI offers a 10-year assessment, 2018-2028, of the global appendage management market, combined with an analysis of the key market influencers.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample
Key Insights on Competitive Landscape Analysis of Global Appendage Management Market
As per the FMI analysis, given the high revenue contribution by top five players—including Boston Scientific Corporation, AtriCure, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Cardia, Inc., and Medtronic plc—holding an accumulative revenue share of nearly 89 percent, the global appendage management market showcases a highly consolidated landscape. FMI’s research also indicates that smaller players, contribute approximately 11.5 percent revenue share to the global appendage management market. A much more careful competitive landscape analysis of the global appendage management market reveals a 3-tier segmentation—depending upon the growth stage of various companies.
- With reach wide enough in North America, Boston Scientific Corporation and AtriCure, Inc. are the clear market leaders—for endocardial and epicardial left atrial closure devices, respectively. With an accumulative share of approximately 57 percent in the appendage management market, Boston Scientific Corporation’s WATCHMAN and AtriCure, Inc.’s products are in direct competition. However, WATCHMAN is most widely implanted and trusted—boasting FDA approval and CE Mark
- Mid-stage growth companies including Abbott Laboratories and Cardia, Inc have pulled away from the top two players, in the last few years—holding approximately 32 percent market share. These companies, however, have an expansive range of product offerings. Holding nearly 14 percent in terms of revenue, Abbott Laboratories is upping its portfolio of upper and lower extremities along with popularization of the product with good clinical trial results.
- The emerging players, including SentreHEART, Inc., LifeTech Scientific Co., Ltd, Occlutech International AB, and Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. are more focused on product innovation and differentiation within certain treatment niches, to build a strong market position in the consolidated appendage management landscape. In spite of a miniscule market share, FMI foresees notable potential of their research and development initiatives in the long run.
Get a Customized Scope to Match Your Need Ask an Expert- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-7752
In terms of overall forward market strategies, key companies are projected to focus on innovating easily implantable, life-saving products for patients suffering from atrial fibrillation, thereby, eliminating the side-effects caused by drugs taken to treat atrial fibrillation. Innovative devices and better navigation and visualization technologies are expected to bring significant opportunities—translating into increased adoption of Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) closure devices by catheterization laboratories and hospitals.
Moreover, mergers and acquisitions will remain a key expansion strategy among players in appendage management market. FMI indicates that acquisitions in the global appendage management market would prove beneficial for the key leaders considering the increasing number of promising on-going or successful researches by emerging companies. Already in a dominant position, key players are increasingly focusing in strengthening the supply chain and distribution networks through strategic partnerships to maximize their market share.
This section of the report features profiles of key players operating in the appendage management market based on their market shares, differential strategies, product offerings, marketing approach and company dashboard. Some of the key players featured in this report include
- Abbott Laboratories
- AtriCure, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cardia, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- LifeTech Scientific Co., Ltd
- Medtronic plc.
- SentreHEART, Inc.
- Occlutech International AB.
Boston Scientific Corporation offers the most trusted product for appendage management, named WATCHMAN device. WATCHMAN device is an endocardial left atrial appendage closure device for occlusion of left atrial appendage. Boston Scientific is launching next-generation WATCHMAN devices with improved and additional features to continue domination in appendage management market.
The key manufacturers of appendage management are focusing on acquisitions and mergers to extend their product portfolio. Launching of new and innovative products is also a strategy followed by the players that is working in their favor.
The companies are conducting conferences and training sessions in hospitals and institutes to enlighten surgeons and practitioners with the improved technology and novel product left atrial appendage closure devices in the appendage management market.
Bonus: Key Market Influencers
- Notable success rate of appendage management procedures.
- Non-surgical, minimal invasion approach helping in fast recovery and reduced surgical and implantation complications.
- Drawback of oral anticoagulant drugs to push the demand for appendage management procedures.
Additional Questions Answered
Some of the additional questions addressed in this report on appendage management market-
- What is the revenue potential of epicardial and endocardial left atrial appendage closure device in appendage management market across regions of North America and Europe?
- Who are the key competitors and what are their portfolios in appendage management market?
- What are major challenges influencing the growth of appendage management market?
- How intervention from regulatory authority is shaping the appendage management market growth?
For critical insights, request for PDF Brochure: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/brochure/rep-gb-7752
The report offers a comprehensive taxonomy of the appendage management market based on product type, end user and region. The appendage management market is categorized into two types of products that are epicardial LAA closure devices and endocardial LAA closure devices. These mechanical closure devices in appendage management are used by catheterization and hospitals for appendage management.
Thus, the end-use segments in appendage management market which are a part of this appendage management market report include catheterization laboratories and hospitals. The appendage management market has been analyzed across regions of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and MEA.