Hypoparathyroidism is a rare endocrine disorder, which often results in levels of calcium and high levels of phosphate, which in turn results in the production of low or abnormal parathyroid (PTH) levels. According to a recent research report by Future Market Insights (FMI), the hypoparathyroidism treatment market is estimated to reach a valuation of US$ 717.7 Mn in 2021, and is projected to display a promising CAGR of approximately 8% through the end of the forecast period in 2031.
Hypothyroidism primarily arises from surgeries in the neck region. It is associated to accidental damage to the parathyroid gland. High prevalence of these surgeries is expected to boost the demand in the hypoparathyroidism treatment market. For instance, in the U.S., up to 115,000 people are diagnosed with the chronic hypoparathyroidism. The majority of the hypoparathyroidism cases are caused by anterior neck surgery, which accounts for up to 75% of the of all hypoparathyroidism cases. The remaining 25% cases are non-surgical or in very rare cases is linked to genetic disorders.
Furthermore, considering the rare occurrence of this medical condition, hypoparathyroidism has been designated as an orphan disease by the U.S. FDA and European Commission. This designation of orphan disease will help manufacturers to speed up their drug development processes, which leads to better availability of drugs for treatments of hypoparathyroidism.
To remain ahead of your competitors, request for a sample – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-7857
However, the unprecedented nature of the COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the development of drugs for rare diseases including those associated with hypoparathyroidism. Preference now is being given to the development of life-savings drugs with greater focus on development of COVID-19 drugs and vaccines, thus halting or suspending existing clinical trials other than live saving drugs.
Also, this has led to the delay or postponement of enrolment of the new participants for clinical studies. Thus, the lack of sufficient data availability on the safety and effectiveness of treatments from clinical trials, will hurt short-term prospects. Clinical trials will gradually resume through 2021, and is anticipated to pick up pace during the forecast period.
Key Takeaways from Hypoparathyroidism Treatment Marker Study
- Calcium supplements dominate the hypoparathyroidism treatment market growing 2x by 2031 owing to efficacy with hormonal therapy.
- Parenteral route of administration is projected to grow at higher pace, driven by a rise in the number of clinical trials, and approval of new drugs which are influencing strong growth in this segment.
- United States holds over 85% of the North America market for hypoparathyroidism treatments and will remain dominant owing to government incentives.
- The U.K. will exhibit high demand, registering y-o-y growth at nearly 7% in 2021.
- Germany and France will emerge as key markets within Europe.
- China and India reflect high potential for growth on the back of a large subclinical patient pool for kidney disorders, diabetes, obesity, thyroid surgeries or head & neck surgery.
Growing cases of hypoparathyroidism and associated neck surgeries, coupled with an increase in patient awareness and screening, faster approvals and grants for product development, and favorable reimbursement scenarios, are major factors influencing market growth. Demand for biologics and the emergence of personalized medicine are some of the upcoming trends that are expected to generate significant growth opportunities for manufacturers operating in this space,” says the FMI Analyst
Product Approvals, and Expansion Strategies Gain the Focus of Drug Manufacturers
Prominent players in the hypoparathyroidism treatment market are focusing on receiving approvals and grants for the development of new drugs to cater to the growing cases of hypoparathyroidism, thus, enhancing their market presence. For instance,
- In October 2020, Ascendis’s TransCon PTH was designated as orphan drug by the European commission (EC), which is approved for use to treat hypoparathyroidism in Europe.
- In July 2020, ProLynx, received a Small Business Innovation Research (SIBR) grant from NIH to help fasten the development PTH (1, 34), a long acting parathyroid hormone that can be in a week to patients suffering from hypoparathyroidism.
Get a Tailored Made Report to Match Your requirements, Ask from Market Research Expert – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-7857
Prominent players in the hypoparathyroidism treatment market is entering into the strategic agreements and collaborations at regional levels, with special focus on emerging economies. Major players are consolidating their positions through regional collaborations to strengthen their presence and increase their product reach in these countries.
Some of the leading companies operating in the market are:
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited.
- Entera Bio Ltd.
- Amgen Inc.
- Ascendis Pharma A/S
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- ProLynx, Inc.
- Extend Biosciences, Inc.
- BionPharma Inc.
Future Market Insights brings the comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2031. The global hypoparathyroidism treatment market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader. The study provide compelling insights on Hypoparathyroidism treatment market on the basis of product type (parathyroid hormone, vitamin D analogues, and calcium supplements), route of administration (oral, parenteral), and distribution channel (hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online sales) across four major regions.
By Product Type
- Parathyroid Hormone
- Vitamin D Analogue
- Vitamin D2
- Vitamin D3
- Calcium Supplements
By Route of Administration
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Sales
For in-depth insights, Download a PDF Brochure – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/brochure/rep-gb-7857
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific MEA