Over 2 million new cases of lung cancer were registered globally by the end of 2018, as reported by the American Cancer Society, Inc. The global lung cancer surgery landscape currently represents a US$ 1 Bn market and will expand at a strong CAGR during the period of projection, 2019 – 2029. A new Future Market Insights (FMI) report states that the use of techniques that are minimally invasive, video assisted, and robot assisted is growing, which is shaping the future of lung cancer surgery market.
Robotic thoracic surgery would remain highly preferred over traditional surgical techniques, as it offers higher magnification, more precision, and eliminate the need for large-incision operations. Development of new surgical robots may cut down the cost of devices and increase shift towards robotic lung cancer surgery. Introduction of new imaging techniques for enhancing visualization, angled lenses for enhanced accessibility, and end staplers will continue to enhance the video-assisted lung cancer surgery procedure.
Intuitive Surgical is the sole player in robotic lung cancer surgery market with its DaVinci system. Medtronic and Johnson & Johnson are developing surgical robots and are challenging the monopoly of Intuitive Surgical in lung cancer surgery market.
Key Takeaways – Lung Cancer Surgery Market Study
- Introduction of powered and tissue-specific endoscopic stapling technology provides significant benefits to reduce cost, resource usage, improve clinical outcome compared to manual staplers.
- In September 2019, Johnson & Johnson launched ECHELON CIRCULAR™ Powered Stapler for thoracic, colorectal, and gastric surgery.
- In March 2016, Intuitive Surgical Inc. got U.S. FDA approval for its da Vinci Xi Endowrist Stapler 30 (30 mm) instruments and reloads.
- Key market players are focusing on the development of new robot-assisted thoracic surgery system. Partnerships & collaborations with best in class surgical device and visualization technology developers are the strategic focus of manufacturers. For instance,
- Medtronic partnered with Karl Stroz, a best in class endoscopic imaging devices manufacturer. In June 2019, Medtronic announced its upcoming robotic-assisted surgical platform including three-dimensional vision systems from Karl Stroz.
- East Asia is expected to be the prominent region in the lung cancer surgery market during the forecast year. This is attributed to high prevalence of lung cancer in China & Japan increasing the demand for lung cancer surgery. According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer, from overall cancer patients in China and Japan, around 18.1% and 16.8% patients respectively were having lung cancer.
Development in robotic thoracic surgery platforms and innovation in tissue-specific endoscopic stapling and vessel sealing techniques to reduce endoleak complications will further broaden the growth prospects of the lung cancer surgery market.
To remain ahead of your competitors, request for a sample – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-396
Product Portfolio Expansion to Increase Global Footprint
Manufacturers are adopting product portfolio expansion strategy to increase their footprint in the global lung cancer surgery market. Market players such as Pentax Medical, Olympus, Johnson & Johnson, Intuitive Surgical Inc. are continuously focusing on new product launches and regulatory approvals. For instance,
- In July 2016, PENTAX Medical launched new DEFINA high-definition pulmonology endoscopy system for crystal clear imaging during surgical procedures.
- In April 2018, Intuitive Surgical Inc. received U.S. FDA clearance for da Vinci Vessel Sealer Extend single-use, the fully wristed bipolar electrosurgical instrument for lung cancer surgery procedures such lobectomy, segmentectomy, and wedge resection.
- Surgical Energy Instruments
- Advanced Energy Instruments
- Advanced Bipolar Instruments
- Ultrasonic Instruments
- Basic Energy Instruments
- Bipolar Instrument
- Monopolar Instruments
- Advanced Energy Instruments
- Robotic-Assisted Thoracic Surgery Systems
- Surgical Staplers
- Wedge Resection
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
For in-depth insights, Download a PDF Brochure – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/brochure/rep-gb-396
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa