- The global products from food waste market size in 2019 – Nearly US$ 46,700 Mn.
- The products from food waste market will observe nearly 5% CAGR over 2019-2029.
- According to the data published by the Rethink Food Waste Through Economics and Data-
- The number of meals recovered per year globally are 1829.
- Food waste diversion potential is pegged at 13,201 MT per year. Moreover, the economic value from the diverted products from food waste could be 44,000 Mn.
- Prevention and recycling are a more preferred option than recycling.
- North America and Europe will remain prominent regional markets for Products from Food Waste.
- The growing number of innovators which are coming up with on-site solutions for creating products from food waste, especially in U.K. and U.S., is expected to propel market growth.
- East Asia holds high growth potential for the products from food waste market.
- Being a highly agriculture based region, the waste generated in the supply chain opens ample opportunities for manufacturers to come with solutions for products from food waste.
- Food and beverage processing segments are one of the fastest growing segments amongst end use in the products from food waste market.
- The two most important industries, which hold market potential for products from food waste are beverage processing and bakery. Nutritious and gluten-free flours are increasingly finding applications in bakery and hence, alternative sources can gain entry without the need for penetration efforts for products from food waste manufacturers.
Cosmetic Flaws in Fresh Produce Paving the Way for Retail Sector
Not meeting the cosmetic criteria (which is the faulty appearance of a fruit) is one of the major reasons why plenty of fruits are being discarded as waste, and this has opened the gateway for the growth of the products from food waste market. USDA estimates that, on an average, supermarkets in U.S. lose nearly US$ 15 Bn annually due to cosmetic flaws in fruits and vegetables. This presents ample opportunities for the products from food waste market.
These fruits and vegetables are of excellent quality and at par with the nutritional profile of the ones that are sold in the market. Some small- and medium-sized manufacturers are initiating the processing of such products that do not meet the cosmetic criteria, fueling the growth of the products from food waste market. These products from food waste can easily benefit the health conscious consumers due to their rich nutritional profile. Moreover, consumers tend to pay less for products that are conventional, and a higher price is paid for products that have an added-value, such as organic, vegan, and also products from food waste. Hence, through products from food waste, even manufacturers earn more profits.
Our advisory services are aimed at helping you with specific, customized insights that are relevant to your specific challenges. Let us know about your challenges and our trusted advisors will connect with you: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/askus/rep-gb-9548
Mango Peels Rapidly Becoming Potential Source of Pectin
There is a special class of pectin – LM pectin (low-methoxyl pectin) – that is preferably used in the manufacturing of low-calorie fruit jellies, which is a valuable product from food waste. The mango peel or mango waste contains a high amount of pectin (20-30% of the peel weight). If the extraction of pectin from mangoes is achieved by adding lemon juice to them, it will result in the reduction of industrial waste, and create an alternative for the production of pectin, helping in adding value to the products from food waste. Obtaining a product from food waste such as mango peels is also in tune with some of the key market trends, such as sustainable production, due to the reduction in toxic effluents.
India also happens to produce tons of products from food waste. The mango, which is a source of pectin, is one of the important produces. Yet, India relies heavily on the import of pectin. Hence, it holds immense potential for the products from food waste market.
Use of Patented Technologies in Manufacturing of Products from Food Waste Prompting High Price Points
Some of the patented technologies used to manufacture products from food waste are expensive. Middlemen in the products from food waste supply chain, such as farmers, food and beverage processors, and retailers, have expressed keen interest in recycling and manufacturing products from food waste, but might have to face the heavy burden of implementing patented and expensive technologies that are used to manufacture products from food waste. These will add a huge chunk in the cost structure during the manufacturing process of products from food waste. This aspect may become a barrier to the growth of the products from food waste market.
Buy this report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/9548
Also, technology is linked with quality, which is an important force in driving the growth of the products from food waste market. Products from food waste manufacturing companies that are not accredited with quality certifications may lose their consumers base, which may hamper the growth of the products from food waste market.
The global products from food waste market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader.
- Citrus Fruits
By End User
- Food Processing
- Beverage Processing
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Dietary Supplements & Nutraceuticals
- Animal Feed
Future Market Insights
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU), Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
For Media Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org