Mono propylene glycol (MPG) continues to find application across diverse industries, on the back of its low toxicity and hygroscopic properties. A recent Future Market Insights (FMI) study suggests that the global mono propylene market value will reach US$ 5,159.5 Mn towards the end of 2029, witnessing a moderate CAGR during forecast period (2022 – 2029). Environmental sustainability of bio-based mono propylene glycol will be significantly responsible in upholding its demand in the global market over the course of following years.
Key Takeaways – Mono Propylene Glycol Market Study
- Low toxicity of mono propylene glycol, as compared to ethylene glycol, is expected to drive its usage in cosmetics and personal care products on a large scale. As ethylene glycol is poisonous and must be handled with caution to restrict any human or animal exposure, MPG will witness higher demand in the forecast period.
- Being the preferred glycol for manufacturing high performance, unsaturated polyester resins for several uses such as reinforced plastic laminates for marine construction, gel coats, sheet molding compounds (SMC), and synthetic marble casting, industrial grade mono propylene glycol is projected to witness significant demand. It is also a vital intermediate in the production of alkyd resins for paints and varnishes.
- Substantial demand is anticipated for mono propylene glycol from the pharmaceutical industry as it is a well-known excipient. MPG is used for several purposes in a broad range of pharmaceutical dosage forms, for e.g. as a humectant in topical medication, as a preservative in solutions, or as a co-solvent in aerosols, parenteral, and oral solutions.
Download FREE Sample Copy of Report: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-10801
Manufacturers in the mono propylene glycol market can gain substantial profits by targeting long-term supply contracts from prominent end-use industries such as food & beverage, pharmaceutical, building construction, and others, across various developing countries such as India and China.
Manufacturers Moving towards Bio-based Mono Propylene Glycol
Bio-based mono propylene glycol is gaining popularity in the market, as a switch from petrochemical- to renewable-based MPG results in the reduction of climate change impact of 40-60% kg of CO2. Several countries are taking initiatives to increase the adoption of bio-based mono propylene glycol among various end-use industries owing to its significant environmental benefits.
Who Is Winning?
The global mono propylene glycol market is fairly consolidated due to the unavailability of raw materials required for the manufacturing of mono propylene glycol, especially at the regional level, and absence of local manufacturers. Key manufacturers such as Dow Chemical Company, LyondellBasell, BASF SE, and Royal Dutch Shell PLC account for about 40% of the overall market share. North America and Europe are anticipated to account for a significant share of the global mono propylene glycol market, owing to rapid infrastructural development and increasing preference for bio-based mono propylene glycol.
Request a Complete TOC of this Report with figures: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/toc/rep-gb-10801
MONO PROPYLENE GLYCOL MARKET TAXONOMY
The global mono propylene glycol market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to the reader.
- Unsaturated Polyester Resin (UPR)
- Polyester Fiber Production
- Food Additive
- Heat Transfer Fluid
- Pharmaceutical Solvent
- Liquid Detergent
- Paints & Coating
- Other Industrial
- Cosmetics & personal care
- Food & Beverage
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia & Pacific
- East Asia
- Middle East
North America Leading, with High Demand from Animal Feed Industry
The demand and sales of mono propylene glycol remain significant in North America, despite the presence of stringent regulatory framework. The region accounts for more than one-fourth revenue share of the global market. Leading players in the North American market are targeting animal feed manufacturing companies to boost their sales in the region. While developed markets continue to lead the curve with high consumption of mono propylene glycol, sales in East Asia will also increase at a significantly high CAGR over the next decade.
Feel free to ask your queries at https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-10801
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Future Market Insights,
1602-6 Jumeirah Bay X2 Tower,
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates