The US$ 3.2 Bn sourdough market will continue to be positively influenced by increasing application in bread production. Of the US$ 3.2 Bn worth of sourdough sold in 2016, demand from the bread segment totalled US$ 2.36 Bn. This segment is projected to increase at a US$ 6.17 Bn through 2026 at CAGR of 6.8%. The dominance of the bread segment can be gauged from the fact that other key application segments – pizza, buns, cakes, cookies, and waffles & pancakes – collectively accounted for nearly 27% revenue share.
Western Europe continues to the largest market for sourdough, accounting for nearly 38% share of total revenues in 2016. Adoption of sourdough in Western Europe food manufacturing units continues to remain strong. Future Market Insights estimates the Western Europe sourdough market to increase at a CAGR of 7.1% through 2026. In terms of revenues, the market is projected to grow 2X from its 2016 market valuation of US$ 1.21 Bn. In terms of volume, over 552 thousand tonnes of sourdough was sold in 2016; FMI estimates it to reach over 975 thousand tonnes in 2026.
Get Sample Copy @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-1900
Opportunities in the Global Sourdough Market
- Increasing demand for clean-label products has presented a lucrative opportunity for businesses
- Use of sourdough is also gaining traction owing to its application in preparation of foods that require fermentation
Key Supply-side and Demand-side Drivers
- According to Future Market Insights’ report, demand for sourdough is increasing on account of its beneficial functional properties. Its property of enhancing flavour and texture is a key factor for its applications in the F&B sector, especially bakery sector
- Increase in the number of artisan bakeries is positively influencing the demand for sourdough. Particularly high demand for type 1 sourdough – made using only wild yeasts – is being witnessed in artisan bakeries
- Availability of sourdough products on e-commerce stores is also contributing to increasing sales
- Growing demand for sourdough from the fast food and bakery sector is creating sizeable growth opportunities for manufacturers
High cost of sourdough products is a major impediment to their widespread adoption in developing countries.
Key Trends Expected to Shape Global Sourdough Market
- Dehydrated sourdough (Type III) is gaining traction in the bakery industry. Freeze-drying remains the preferred dehydration technique for manufacturers.
- Manufacturers are using devitalised sourdough for enhancing the aroma of products. Devitalised sourdough does not contain live organisms, enhancing its use as an aromatic agent
- Consumer demand for healthy food products has resulted into the launch of chocolate sourdough loaves. Further, Future Market Insights identified increasing use of type I sourdough.
Sourdough Market Forecast and Analysis by Starter Culture
Type III starter culture currently accounts for nearly half of the revenue share of the global sourdough market. Over 773 thousand tonnes of sourdough was sold in 2016; by the end of the forecast period, Future Market Insights estimates global volumes to surpass 1.3 million tonnes.
Key companies profiled by Future Market Insights in its report include Puratos NV, Ernst Böcker GmbH & Co. KG, IREKS GmbH, Kampffmeyer Mühlen GmbH, Philibert Saveurs, Lesaffre, Dilbeek, Minden, Kulmbach, Hamburg, Pont-de-Veyle, and Marcq-en-Barœul.
Future Market Insights maintains a positive outlook on the global sourdough market, projecting it to grow by 6.8% CAGR through 2026 in terms of value. In terms of volume, demand is projected to grow at 5.5% CAGR.
Discover more about report analysis with figures and data tables, along with the table of contents. Ask an Analyst- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-1900
Key segments covered in the global sourdough market report
- Waffles and Pancakes
- North America
- Western Europe
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa
By Starter Culture
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What is the outlook of sourdough market in Western Europe?
- Who are some prominent sourdough manufacturers?
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Unit No: 1602-006
Jumeirah Bay 2
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai
United Arab Emirates