Clean label pectin is used as a primary ingredient in various food applications such as jams, jellies, sauces, fruits spreads, chews, bakery fillings, juices, toppings, sugar confectionery, fermented dairy products, and plant based products. Driven by the increasing application as stabilizer, the clean label pectin market is forecast to rise at nearly 7% CAGR between 2021 and 2031. Future Market Insights (FMI) presents a positive outlook for the market in its study as focus on healthy eating continues to rise around the world.
Consumers in general have become more curious about the source of the raw material and production methods used for processing various food products. A few of the production methods are observed as less ‘natural’ while some food ingredients are considered as ‘unhealthy’ and ‘unfamiliar’.
The ‘clean label’ trend is expected to have considerable influence on the food industry especially since consumers have become more interested in ingredients used in their food. There is clear inclination for more ‘natural’ methods of production using ingredients derived from organic or natural sources. According to FMI, citrus fruits are highly sought-after sources of clean label pectin. In fact, citrus fruits made for over 43% of clean label pectin produced in 2020.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-12899
Key Takeaways from Clean Label Pectin Market Report
- Clean label pectin market will exhibit 5.8% y-o-y growth in 2021, registering 0.3% improvement than growth recorded last year
- Increasing focus on healthy eating seals America’s dominance. The U.S. to account for a little below 85% of sales recorded in North America
- U.K. emerges as a key market within Europe, exhibiting over 8% y-o-y growth in 2021
- Rising focus on health and wellness to continue driving sales in Germany and France
- While China will continue dominating sales in East Asia, both Japan and South Korea are forecast to register higher rate of growth
“Consumers are likelier to check ingredients list on a food product to ascertain if it is sustainable and environment-friendly. Smaller manufacturers see this as a lucrative opportunity to establish their brand presence in a highly competitive landscape. With focus on end-to-end clarity rising, more companies are jumping into the clean-label bandwagon, irrespective of their size. Spurred by this, clean label pectin producers will gain from increasing application within the food industry,” said a lead analyst at FMI.
For Information On The Research Approach Used In The Report, Ask Analyst @
Demand from Pharmaceutical Industry Poised to Surge
Clean label pectin market is anticipated to register increasing demand from the pharmaceutical industry. Gelling property of clean label pectin has been increasing its use in making gel beads, film coated dosage, and matrix tablets. Clean label pectin is mainly used for medicine for diarrhea, throat lozenges and constipation. It also is used in nutritional and health products which help in weight loss, strengthens skin and hair, enhance iron absorption, and improve heart health.
Increasing Demand for Organic and Clean Label Food Will Accelerate Sales
Consumers are shifting towards healthy, high vitamin, nutrient rich food and avoiding foods with artificial flavour, colour, GMO levels and preservatives. Increasing health awareness and high demand for low sugar fruit products will drive the clean label pectin market. Consumer inclination toward natural and organic food is persistent rising due to rising health consciousness and it is accelerating the growth of clean label pectin. Due to rising demand for organic and clean label products, key players of clean label pectin market are focusing on launching unique clean label pectin products in the market.
- In 2020 CP Kelco introduced GENU Pectin YM-FP-2100, a clean label ingredient that provides a medium-to-high viscosity in the fruit drinking yogurt and with ease of pump ability at the fruit prep stage.
- In 2018, DuPont Nutrition & Health launched and developed GRINDSTED Pectin PRIME 541, product which allow food producer to make new tempting reduced-sugar fruit spread and without processing hurdles.
Who is Winning?
Some of the key players operating in the clean label pectin market are CP Kelco, Cargill, Inc, Herbstreith & Fox, Royal DSM, DuPont Nutrition & Health, Brenntag North America, Inc., Silvateam Food Ingredients, Lucid Colloids Ltd. and many more. In order to gain competitive advantage, market players have been focusing on expansion via merger and acquisition strategies. Besides this, product launches are undertaken to strengthen their footprint.
- In 2020 Herbstreith & Fox (H&F Group), a producer of pectin base in Germany acquired pectin buisness from Givaudan SA (Switzerland) part of the Naturex portfolio.
- In 2018, Brenntag North America Inc. entered into partnership with Silvateam for the extensive distribution of pectin in the Canada and United States.
- In 2019, CP Kelco launched a new product line, NUTRAVA citrus fiber it is a clean label ingredient which is derived from peels of citrus fruits.
Get Valuable Insights into Clean Label Pectin Market
By Product type
- High methoxyl
- Low methoxyl
- Amidated (LMA)
- Citrus food
- Lemon & lime
- Tangrient and mandarins
- Others (Berries)
By end use application
- Fermented Plant based products
- Fermented dairy products, including yoghurt
- Fruit Spreads
- Sugar Confectionary
- Fruit roll ups
- Fruit Preparations
- Bakery Fillings
- Reduced- Sugar beverages
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Thanks for reading this article; you can also get individual chapter wise section or region wise report version like North America, Europe or Asia.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Unit No: 1602-006
Jumeirah Bay 2
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai
United Arab Emirates