According to a survey done by Future Market Insights, the top three expectations of fibre optic test equipment purchasers are cost, performance, and equipment reliability. According to the survey, global fibre optic test equipment revenues would expand at a 6.8% CAGR through 2030.
Modern data telecom network infrastructure relies heavily on fibre optic connections. Today’s organisations rely heavily on technology, as the majority of end users need a more secure, faster, and larger communication system for network operations.
Fiber optics is leveraged on significant scales by various industries, and holds great potential going forward. As these network technologies continue to spread and user load continues to surge, development of standardized fiber optic test equipment has become increasingly crucial.
Request a Sample to Obtain Authentic Analysis and Comprehensive Market Insights-
- Adoption of optical spectrum analyzers and remote fiber test systems to surge
- Stakeholders will continue to invest in handheld/portable equipment over the following decade
- Sales to network equipment manufacturers and data centers will remain critical
- US and Europe will remain lucrative, but opportunities in East Asian countries will be a key highlight
COVID-19 Impact on Fiber Optic Test Equipment Market
As majority of people are working from home and connecting with their acquaintances online to avoid COVID-19 contagion, the connected ecosystem offered by telecommunication industry is highly beneficial. Surging need to connect remotely with colleagues and companions has shored up network traffic.
This rapid transition has highlighted the importance to establish resilient infrastructure networks during and after the COVID-19 chapter that can overcome crisis-led demand upsurges as well as potential disasters – thus, accenting for fiber optic cables.
In addition, companies are co-deploying fiber optic cables along other passive infrastructure networks such as roads, highways, railways, and power networks. Such activities are setting the stage for fiber optic test equipment market.
The global market for fiber optic test equipment is moderately consolidated, as such, leading players are honing in on strategic mergers & acquisitions (M&A) to maintain their predominance in global landscape.
- EXFO Inc. has taken over Astellia – which provides subscriber and network intelligence. With this acquisition, EXFO Inc. is looking to offer comprehensive fiber optic tester tools and network intelligence solutions to customers
- Element Materials Technology has acquired PCTEST Engineering Laboratory Inc. with an aim to strengthen its position in testing and certification services domain in connected technologies industry
- Corning has acquired all communication markets division of 3M Company in order to extend its reach to key growth regions, globally, and penetrate into in-building network market.
- Viavi Solutions has collaborated with Ingram Micro (US) to distribute VIAVI test equipment in the US that are utilized for cable and fiber networks, and performance management solutions for business network infrastructure.
Feel Free to Ask an Analyst-
Key SegmentEquipment Type
- Optical Light Sources
- Optical Power & Loss Meters
- Remote Fiber Test Systems
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometers
- Optical Spectrum Analyzers
- Other Test Equipment
- Telecommunication Service Providers
- Network Equipment Manufacturers
- Data Centers
- Cable Operator
- Educational & Research Institutes
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia Pacific
- East Asia
Read Related Reports:
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.