A new market research report by Future Market Insights on the mechanical keyboard market provides meaningful insights, which consist of the global industry analysis from 2014 to 2018 and forecast from 2019 to 2029. According to the research report, revenues of the global mechanical keyboard market reached ~US$ 881 Mn in 2018. Moreover, the global mechanical keyboard market is likely to experience noticeable growth in the forecast period due to various driving factors, such as the growing popularity of PC games, replacement of existing PC peripherals, and enhanced features when compared to membrane-based keyboards.
As per the market research report, a mechanical keyboard provides enhanced performance in terms of response timing and tactility required by professionals and gamers. These factors are creating demand for mechanical keyboards in the gaming industry. Also, the primary trends observed in the global mechanical keyboard marketplace include the focus of manufacturers on expanding the functionality of individual keys.
Request a Report Sample
The adoption of wireless ergonomic keyboards and multiple platform compatible keyboards continues to broaden in developing and developed countries. Such factors are further likely to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers operating in the mechanical keyboard market.
Mechanical Keyboard Market – Key Research Findings
- The global mechanical keyboard market was valued at ~US$ 881 Mn in 2018.
- The mechanical keyboard market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~10% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Rapid growth of the gaming industry, increasing adoption of wireless keyboards, and growing demand for multiple platform compatible keyboards are factors that have been driving the mechanical keyboard market growth.
- North America is a prominent region for the mechanical keyboard market, which accounted for a market share of ~34% in 2018. However, the mechanical keyboard market in APEJ (Asia Pacific Excluding Japan) is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period and become the most significant market for mechanical keyboard.
- In order to gain competitive edge, mechanical keyboard market players are opting for strategic partnerships with e-Commerce platform providers to meet the growing demand in various end-use industries including gaming, BFSI, government, and others.
According to the Future Market Insight’s report, the non-tactile linear switches are anticipated to generate an incremental opportunity of ~US$ 757 Mn for the mechanical keyboard market during the forecast period of 2019-2029. Moreover, the tactile non-click switches are likely to experience a healthy growth rate during the forecast period, owing to the growing demand for an ergonomic gaming keyboard. Furthermore, the world is witnessing a significant rise in synchronization options that allow mechanical keyboards to have effortless connection with mouse and headsets.
Mechanical Keyboard Market Structure Analysis
- The global mechanical keyboard market has a competitive market landscape, where majority of the key players are maintaining a strategic focus on partnerships and new product innovations to target a stronger global footprint.
- Increasing scope of applications related to mechanical keyboard and a competitive market have resulted in products differentiation and expansion strategies by providers of mechanical keyboard. These factors give a competitive edge and strengthen their market share, specifically to the desired end-use industry.
- Tier-1 energy & power quality meter providers account for ~40% of the overall market. Vendors such as Logitech International S.A., Razer Inc. and Dell Inc. are among the largest and most experienced in the industry and have significant regional coverage across the globe.
Ask an Analyst
Mechanical Keyboard Market: Segmentation
- Non-Tactile Linear Switches
- Tactile Non-Click Switches
- Tactile Click Switches
- Wired Keyboards
- Wireless Keyboards
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.