According to market survey conducted by FMI, the demand outlook for microalgae in the pet food sector is estimated to remain fairly positive, surpassing a valuation of US$ 22.2 Mn, with a year-on-year growth of 7% in 2021. The overall demand for microalgae is anticipated to surpass a valuation of US$ 35 million by 2031.
Between 2016 and 2020, the microalgae demand grew at CAGR of 4%. With rising adoption of dogs, cats, and other pets as companions for families, inclusion for microalgae in pet food is expected to grow in order to enhance its nutritional value & palatability of pet food. Against this backdrop, FMI sees prospects for the demand to rise at a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period 2021 to 2031.
Thanks to the progressively improving animal healthcare industry, the lifespan of pets has increased. With increasing age of pets, diseases such as cancer, arthritis, separation anxiety, and cardiovascular disease have become more common. As microalgae-based pet supplements assist in maintaining health and alleviating age-related pains and aches in elderly pets, the demand for microalgae in the pet food sector is expected to soar.
Spirulina microalgae is anticipated to register the high demand in the pet food sector. Owing to the presence of high micro- and macronutrients such as iron, protein, vitamins, carotenoids, and gamma-linolenic fatty acids, Spirulina microalgae is expected to account for over 64% of the market share in 2021.
“To cater to increasing demand for microalgae in the pet food industry, companies are focusing on developing innovative products such as anti-anxiety pet pill & pet supplement by using microalgae as a key ingredient. Besides this, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval on the use of Spirulina in food and beverage products is likely to fuel the demand for microalgae over the coming years,” says the FMI analyst.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-13362
Key Takeaways from the Study on the Demand Microalgae in the Pet Food Sector
- Owning to the increasing number of pets owners across North America, the demand for microalgae products in the pet food sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.9% by 2021.
- By 2021, the demand for microalgae in the pet food sector in Germany is likely to reach a valuation of US$ 911.6 thousand.
- Increasing pet adoption in China is estimated to account for over 52% of the market in Asia Pacific.
- Based on application, dog feed is predicted to dominate in terms of end-use applications, accounting for around 46.5% of the global market through 2021.
- Fresh water microalgae are expected to reach a valuation of US$ 2.2 million by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period.
- Growing number of pet owners is bolstering the demand for microalgae in the pet food sector.
- Increasing lifespan of pets is spurring the sales of microalgae-based products in the pet food sector.
- Rising awareness regarding the benefits of microalgae-based pet food products is driving the market growth.
- Availability of substitutes is hampering the demand for microalgae in the pet food industry.
- The outbreak of coronavirus has negatively impacted the sales of microalgae in the pet food industry due to disruption of the supply chain amid lockdown.
Discover more about the survey on the demand for microalgae in the pet food sector with figures and data tables, along with the table of contents. Ask an Analyst@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-13362
Companies operating the microalgae industry are aiming at developing new products and forging strategic collaboration and acquisition to expand their market share. For instance,
- In May 2016, Now Health Group Inc., an American company, launched its new product in natural pet supplements under the brand “NOW Pets” focusing cats and dogs which includes spirulina microalgae as primary ingredient.
- In June 2020, Evonik, a Germany based company, announced it collaboration with DSM, a company based in Netherlands, to establish a new joint venture named, Veramaris to create a microalgae-based fish oil alternative for fish food.
Some of the prominent players operating in the market profiled by FMI are:
- DIC Corporation
- Koninkliijke DSM NV
- Roquette Frères
- Sun chlorella
- Cellana LLC
- Fuji Chemical Industries Co., Ltd.
- Corbion (TerraVia Holdings)
- Yunnan Green-A-Bio-engineering Co Ltd
- Cyanotech Corporation
- BASF SE
- Parry Nutraceuticals
- Beijing Gingko Group
- KDI Ingredients
- Algatec (Lusoamoreiras)
More Valuable Insights on Microalgae Market
FMI, in its new report, offers an unbiased demand analysis for microalgae in the pet food sector, analyzing forecast statistics through 2021 and beyond. The study reveals growth projections on the demand for microalgae pet food sector with detailed segmentation:
By Species Type:
- Marine Water
- Fresh Water
By End Use Application:
- Dog Feed
- Cat Feed
- Others (Rabbits, Hamsters, etc.)
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Contact Sales for Further Assistance in Purchasing this Report@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/13362
Key Questions Covered in the Report
- The report offers insight into demand outlook for microalgae in pet food sector for the forecast period 2021-2031
- The market study also highlights projected sales growth for microalgae in the pet food sector between 2021 and 2031
- Demand for microalgae in the pet food sector survey identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
- Demand analysis for microalgae in the pet food sector, covering key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and others
Explore FMI’s Extensive Coverage on Food & Beverage Domain
Low Sodium Sea Salt Market: The Low Sodium Sea Salt Market study by Future Market Insights (FMI) provides a deeper insights on the new trends while incorporating the impact of ongoing trends, and growth & restraining factors during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031. Market dynamics have been presented on the basis of prominent drivers, trends and opportunities prevailing across key geographies for the aforementioned decade.
Pea Protein Market: ESOMAR-certified market analysis and consulting company Future Market Insights (FMI) provides insights driving Pea Protein Market demand in latest report. Additionally, to find the effect of COVID-19 on the Pea Protein Market in general, the study monitor global fish protein isolate sales in 20+ high-growth markets and addresses their end-user in particular.
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Unit No: 1602-006
Jumeirah Bay 2
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai
United Arab Emirates