Soft magnetic composites (SMCs) are used extensively in the automotive industry for their ferromagnetic properties. Majorly driven by this, global soft magnetic composites market is projected to exhibit a robust CAGR during the forecast period of 2022-2029, reaching a value of US$ 80 Bn in 2029. Correct SMC combination provides a technology that consumes less energy, is optimally efficient, and capable of use in extreme frequencies and temperatures.
High demand is witnessed from the automotive industry for electronic components such as motors, inductors, and other electronic machines that enhance reliability and efficiency. Moreover, the industry demands space reductions of components such as inductors that capture a lot of space. As a result, efforts to attain balance between working efficiency and smaller dimensions, have propelled the use of soft magnetic materials such as soft magnetic composites.
To Remain ‘Ahead’ of Your Competitors, Request for A Sample Report @
- Demand for electrical steel segment is expected to grow at a healthier rate. Its market share is anticipated to increase owing to application in different end-use industries, along with cost-effective nature of the material.
- 5P type, though most expensive, is prominently used in the power generation industry. As the demand for this segment is increasing, SMC manufacturers are under high pressure to reduce its price.
- The Asia Pacific region holds a prominent share of soft magnetic composites market owing to the constantly increasing presence of strong electronic and automotive sector in countries such as China, India, ASEAN Countries, and Japan.
- East Asia is projected to be a hub for electronic industry, countries such as China, are anticipated to be at the epicenter of opportunities in the electronic industry.
- Soft magnetic composites are increasingly gaining traction within the 3D-printing technology space.
How Increasing Demand Of Soft Magnetic Composites In Electronics Industry Is Fueling The Growth Of The Market?
Investments in private industries are increasing in the current scenario. While spending on electronic is sizeable, material costs have increased further. Development of parts or devices with help of private or small scale players across the globe are expected to drive steady demand for electronics, semiconductors including temperature resistant machines.
Of the total expenditure, electronics and heavy machineries is expected to account for a key share of the overall figures with a sizeable scope of demand generated from the global market.
In the coming years, more than half of all the electronics and electricals industries, both commercial and institutional, will be investing their energy in building of high intensity and less impact equipment, further driving the global market of soft magnetic composites.
Market Landscape Moving towards Consolidation
The soft magnetic composites market is highly consolidated owing to the prominence of handful of players with extensive R&D capabilities. Key manufacturers in the tier I such as GKN Powder Metallurgy (Melrose PLC) and Hitachi Metals Ltd. are pushing towards consolidation by opting for growth strategies such as acquisitions, joint ventures, and others.
Ask Us Your Questions About This Report @
What Does Future Hold?
In the coming years, as purchasing power of customers in developing regions grows, demand for soft magnetic composites is also anticipated to increase. Demand for cost-effective and energy-efficient materials from automotive and power generation industry is going to be the major driving force for the SMC markets. Introduction of new technologies such as 3D printing is will open an opportunity door for the SMC market.
Know More About Report Inclusions
Future Market Insights has published a market research report on the soft magnetic composites market that contains global industry analysis for 2014–2021 and opportunity assessment for 2022–2029. The report provides insightful analysis of the Soft magnetic composites market through three different segments, namely material, type, application, end-use industry, and region.
The soft magnetic composites market report also provides demand trends of different types across industry verticals, a comprehensive list of service providers in the market, various projects around the world along with a detailed overview of the parent market.
Related Links –