The power transformer market exhibited year-on-year growth of 4% in 2021, backed by increasing efforts towards incorporating modern energy solutions in existing power system and high demand of efficient and reliable power supply. Future Market Insights (FMI) states that, power transformer market revenue grew by 10% between 2019 and 2021, reaching US$ 21.9 billion in 2021 with a healthy CAGR of 4.6%.
Request for a sample@
Focus on upgrading the existing power grid network with modern energy technology for flexible, secure, efficient, and reliable supply of power will emerge as a chief growth driver.
Transformers are critical component in power transmission system as their main function is to receive power with low voltage and transmit it across various distribution channels in power grid. Increasing demand for electricity, increasing investment to expand transmission and distribution network will drive the power transformer market growth in upcoming years.
For instance, as of 2021 Adani power has around 5 ongoing power projects with capacity ranging from 1300 MW to 2700 MW in Indian states of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, and Jharkhand. Rise in number of new power projects in developing countries will boost the market sales over the forecast period.
Rising urgency to replace the aging power infrastructure with smart grid system along with increasing penetration of renewable energy and development of interconnected grid infrastructure are key growth drivers in developed economies.
Future prospects look promising for power transformer market due to thriving construction and mining industries, emergence of new smart cities with modern power transmission system and adoption of green transformers.
Market players are focusing on developing power transmission systems capable of handling flow of stored and renewable energy throughout the grid system. Advancement towards designing system for efficient management of electricity transmission and distribution as a part of disaster recovery efforts along with redefining electrical grids to reduce operational costs and lead times will positively influence the market growth in the future.
Request a Complete TOC of this Report with figures @
Key Takeaways from FMI’s Power Transformer Market Study
- North America power transformer market is forecast to experience growth at 3% CAGR due to rising necessity to replace old power grid networks with modern and efficient equipment and increasing supply and demand gap of electricity in U.S. and Canada.
- Europe power transformer market is anticipated to grow at 3.2% CAGR during the forecast period. Growth uptick can be attributed to rapid electrification and increasing investment towards upgrading transmission and distribution networks in the region.
- Growing awareness among population regarding CO2 emission, increase in consumption of electricity, and increasing efforts towards electrification of rural areas will drive the demand for power transformers in India.
- China is expected to offer lucrative opportunities owing to increasing investment in power grid infrastructure development and booming mining and oil and gas industries in the country.
- Japan and South Korea account for 7% of global power transformer market share in 2021. Industrialization, increasing efforts to fill the energy supply and demand gap, and imposition of energy efficient laws and standards are key growth drivers in these countries.
“Increasing demand for upgrading traditional transmission system to sustain high voltage power transfer and incorporation of smart grids will boost the demand for power transformer in upcoming years,” says the FMI analyst.
Key Segments Covered In Power Transformer Market Study:
By Product Type:
By Insulation Type:
By Phase Type:
- Single Phase
- Three Phase
By End Use:
- Residential & Commercial
By Voltage Type:
- 200-400 kV
- Above 400 kV
By Application Type:
- Generation Step-up
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa
Request Methodology @
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights,
Unit No: 1602-006,
Jumeirah Bay 2,
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers,
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org