According to a recently published Future Market Insights report, the Reinsurance Market revenues were estimated at US$ 292.4 Bn in 2021 and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2022-2032. The market is expected to be worth $474 billion by the end of 2032. Between 2022 and 2032, the Japanese market is expected to generate an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 19.4 billion.
Get a Sample Copy of the Report @
Reinsurance is critical for the Japanese insurance market due to risk expansion, diversification, and complication. Typhoons and earthquakes are particularly common in Japan. As a result, Japanese insurers are required to reinsure these risks with foreign reinsurers. Japan has two domestic reinsurance companies as well as several foreign reinsurer branches. Reinsurance is also underwritten by non-life insurance companies.
Non-life insurance companies in Japan also plays a key role in the global reinsurance market. Japan has one of the world’s most extensive insurance markets. Besides, it is also the world’s fourth-largest property and casualty insurance market, with premiums totaling US $68.8 Bn, thus opening numerous opportunities for reinsurance companies.
Besides, the country has also emerged successfully in life insurance sector. In April 2022, Reinsurance Group of America, Inc. announced an agreement to coinsure JPY 160 Bn (US $ 1.2 Bn) in statutory reserves with Taiyo Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of T&D Holdings, Inc. Taiyo Life will continue to service the insurance policies covered by the contract.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Global Reinsurance Market is expected to reach a market size of US$ 306.4 Bn by 2022.
- The Non-Life/Property & Casualty Reinsurance Companies segment, is expected to account for the highest CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period.
- United States is projected to remain the most dominant market with absolute dollar growth opportunity of US$ 62.9 Bn during 2022 – 2032.
- The market in Japan is set to experience the highest CAGR of 7.3% during the 2022-2032 forecast period.
“During the projected period, the presence of inflation, uncertain economic environment, and natural disasters can become key drivers in raising the reinsurance market revenue.” comments a Future Market Insights analyst.
For More Information or Customization @
The market is fiercely competitive, where key players are increasingly focused to obtain a competitive advantage. The key companies in the Reinsurance Market are focused on R&D to produce innovative technological solutions.
- In October 2020, Toa Reinsurance Company, Ltd. announced that it had expanded the product offerings of Toa Re Europe, based in Zurich, Switzerland, to include Life reinsurance in addition to the Property and Casualty reinsurance business that it began underwriting at the end of 2018. Life reinsurance is an important part of their group strategy, enabling them to expand their offering in Zurich for EMEA clients.
- In April 2022, Covéa’s acquisition of PartnerRe has been approved by the European Commission. For this, US$ 9 Bn transaction had been discussed in 2021. In October, EXOR and Covéa agreed to sell the reinsurer in its entirety to the latter. Following those discussions, the EC announced that the merger had been approved under the EU Merger Regulation. Following labor council consultations, EXOR and Covea came to an agreement for Covéa to purchase the Bermuda-based reinsurer.
- In May 2022, Brookfield Reinsurance completed its all-cash acquisition of American National for $5.1 billion. A critical step in carrying out Brookfield Reinsurance’s growth strategy in order to provide policyholders with long-term value and security. This demonstrates Brookfield Reinsurance’s leadership in providing capital and investment solutions to US-based insurers.
More Insights Available
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the Reinsurance Market, presenting historical market data (2017-2021) and forecast statistics for the period of 2022-2032.
The study reveals extensive growth in Reinsurance Market by Distribution Channel (Direct Writing, Broker), and By End-User (Life & Health Reinsurance, Non-Life/Property & Casualty Reinsurance) across five regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa).
Ask An Analyst @
Market Segments Covered in Reinsurance Market Analysis
By Distribution Channel:
- Direct Writing
- Life & Health Reinsurance
- Non-Life/Property & Casualty Reinsurance
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com