The global packaged bread market is set to witness growth at a CAGR of 4.6% and top a valuation of US$ 66.5 Billion by 2032.
Bread packaging has not been quite same as before as consumers are looking for more shelf stable products without harsh packaging. When visitors of Green Week in Berlin were asked regarding this, almost 2/3rd of them responded to quit breads with low quality packaging.
However, different types of bread are favoured in varied packaging by German consumers, such as frozen breads in cardboard boxes, uncut loaves in shrink-wrapped, and sliced bread in plastic bags.
Since millennials, who prefer small portions of packaged bread, wrapped for immediate consumption, manufacturing units are incorporating new machineries to allow inexpensive products packaging without compromising the quality of packaged bread and launching packaging solutions where the product shelf life can be extended. Traditional or passive packaging only focused on protecting the bread from oxygen and molds by wrapping them with synthetic polymers and low gas permeability.
Download Sample Copy with Graphs & List of Figures @
However, a new concept has developed recently, named intelligent packaging or active packaging, in which the packaging is done with functional materials which can interact with bread deliberately for monitoring and extending its shelf life. Nano-packaging is also being researched on by the front runners by using edible and biodegradable films to accomplish environmental requirements which can increase packaged bread shelf life up to 60 days.
Another recent technological development in the market is implementing 3D for exact sorting using Vision-system, an innovative 3D scanner, which can easily handle the image recognition issue on conveyor belts while bread packaging is going on, which can be missed out quite often in an automatic sort resulting into low-contrast unidentified objects and small crumbs in packaged bread which is undesirable.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The packaged bread market is worth of US$ 42.4 Bn sales in 2022.
- The packaged bread market is expected to expand at CAGR of 6% through 2032.
- Global packaged bread demand is projected to grow year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of 8% in 2022.
- The packaged bread market is growing with a notable boost towards the production to reach US$ 66.5 Bn by 2032.
- Easy availability raw materials, healthy packaging, and improved quality and taste to be the influencing factors among consumers, which is driving sales of packaged bread across global markets.
- Demand for packaged bread grew at 7% CAGR between 2017 and 2021.
- Associated British Foods Plc, DuPont™ Danisco, Fuji Baking Co. Ltd, Angel Bakeries, and Allied Bakeries (Kingsmill) are expected to be the top players in the industry.
- Organically packaged and sandwich bread are in heavy demand from bakery industry carrying a notable market share.
Discover more about report analysis with figures and data tables, along with the table of contents. Ask an Analyst @
Key brands associated with packaged bread are focusing on sustainable product developments, while also extending the product lines with several modifications and extensive research procedures to boost the industry growth and to capture more market share in global arena.
- On June, 2021, Délifrance announced partnership with trend consultants Harris & Hayes to arrange a UK-wide retail study in order to explore the wants and needs of British consumers from packaged bread and pastry industry, and encourage them to buy quality products for both at home and out of the home purposes.
- In the year 2020, the brand La Brea went for twin objectives which were aimed at keeping supermarket shelves stocked while also keeping consumers engaged to broaden up the brand share. For instance, the extended product line of the brand featured of French baguettes with improved hydration and flour dusting.
Several other products also improved in features, such as Italian round (increased hydration, flour dusting, darker bake), French loaf (darker bake, lighter interior, flour dusting), whole wheat grain loaf (grains and seeds toppings), and sourdough loaf (darker bake).
Packaged Bread Market by Category
By Product Type:
- Sandwich Bread
- Rolls & Buns
- Tortillas, Pitas & Wraps
- Frozen Breads
- Crisp Breads
- Dough & Crusts
- Bakery Products
- Confectionery Items
- Frozen Desserts
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Get Customized Report @
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- How big is the packaged bread industry?
- At what CAGR is the packaged bread market poised to expand through 2032?
- How was the performance of packaged bread market over the past half-decade?
- What will be the packaged bread market size in 2032?
- Who are the key players operating in the packaged bread market?
- Which are the top countries driving the packaged bread demand?
- What are the three popular types of packaged bread?
- Is fresh packaged bakery bread better than store-bought?
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights Inc.
200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark,
Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse latest Market Reports: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports
LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs