Increasing awareness regarding the importance of environmental protection is creating demand for environmentally friendly products. Similarly, increasing plastic waste and regulations implemented by the government of Japan regarding single-use plastic are supporting the development of sustainable packaging products.
Japan Polypropylene Packaging Films Market is anticipated to reach US$ 883.5 million by 2023. Through 2033, Japan’s overall sales of polypropylene packaging film will increase at a 2.1% CAGR. The Japan market will be worth more than US$ 1,090.9 million by the end of 2033.
Polypropylene films have become ideal packaging solutions for protecting items from external actors. They improve the shelf life of products such as food items. Hence, the growing usage of polypropylene films for packaging food products will boost sales in Japan.
Rising applications of polypropylene packaging films in industries such as food & beverage and electronics are driving Japan market forward.
Get an Exclusive Sample Copy of the Report: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-16965
Packaging films for food are manufactured of several materials with various properties, such as polyethylene films, aluminum foil, and PET films, which must meet high functionality standards. These are called multi-layer packaging. They are not easy to recycle because they include multiple materials.
Temperature Resistance Food Packaging Films to Create Growth Opportunity
The demand for high-gas barrier films for long-term storage is growing in the field of food packaging. Metalized polyethylene terephthalate (PET) films laminated with non-oriented cast polypropylene film as sealant are being used by manufacturers for gas barrier layering. These films are equipped with two materials which makes them difficult to recycle.
PET can be replaced with BOPP material as they are made with similar species of a polymer as a sealant to facilitate the recycling process. But the issue of inadequate gas barrier and temperature resistance limits its application for boil and retort resistance food packaging.
Technological developments for producing temperature-resistant and recyclable films to suit the boil and retort application in food packaging are likely to spur market expansion.
In August 2022, Toray Industries developed BOPP film, Torayfan, which combines the technology of BOPP film structure developed through xEV capacitor applications, together with homogeneous barrier layer processing.
Key Takeaways from Japan Polypropylene Packaging Films Market
- Polypropylene packaging film sales in Japan are likely to rise at 2.1% CAGR through 2033.
- Japan polypropylene packaging market valuation will reach US$ 1,090.9 million by 2033.
- By product type, BOPP film segment will hold around 70% share of the market while CPP film segment is set to expand by 1.3x its current value by the end of 2033.
- By film format, the clear films segment is set to hold a market share of 25% by 2033 while the metalized films segment will expand at 2.8% during the forecast period.
- Based on thickness, the above 80-micron segment will thrive at 2.9% CAGR through 2033.
- By end use, the food & beverage segment will account for 44% of the total market by the end of 2033.
- Rising Demand for Packaging: The growing demand for flexible and lightweight packaging solutions across industries such as food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods drives the adoption of polypropylene packaging films.
- Sustainability Initiatives: Polypropylene packaging films are preferred for their recyclability and sustainability. Environmental concerns and regulations that encourage sustainable packaging contribute to their increased use.
- Consumer Preferences: Changing consumer preferences for convenient and attractive packaging options support the demand for polypropylene films. These films can be designed to offer visual appeal and ease of use.
- Food Safety: Polypropylene films are suitable for food packaging due to their excellent barrier properties, ensuring food safety and extending the shelf life of products.
- Technological Advancements: Ongoing advancements in film manufacturing technologies result in improved performance characteristics, including enhanced barrier properties, sealing strength, and printability.
Request Report Methodology: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/request-report-methodology/rep-gb-16965
Toray Industries, Inc., Cosmo Films Ltd., Polyplex Corporation Ltd., Futamura Chemical Co., Ltd, Toyobo Co., Ltd., Mitsui Chemicals Tohcello, Inc, Takigawa Corporation, Idemitsu Unitech Co., Ltd., Kisco Ltd., and Toppan, Inc. are few of the leading polypropylene packaging film manufacturers in Japan.
Japan Polypropylene Packaging Films Market by Category
By Product Type:
By Film Format:
- Clear Films
- Coated Films
- Matte Films
- White Films
- Metallized Films
- Up to 18 Microns
- 18 to 50 Microns
- 51 to 80 Microns
- Above 80 Microns
- Bags and Pouches
By End Use:
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Electrical & Electronics
- Pharmaceuticals & Medicals
- Agriculture & Allied Industry
For any Queries Linked with the Report, Ask an Analyst: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-the-analyst/rep-gb-16965
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer, Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube